ImageImage

Trade Targets (postcript on yesterday-other teams)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Re: Trade Targets 

Post#2861 » by breakchains » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:38 am

bigfoot wrote:Long time Suns fan here. Miss seeing Jared Dudley play for us. What would you guys want for him? I assume he'd pick up his player option next year since I don't see many teams willing to pay him more than $4.25M.

Ennis, Warren, or Goodwin.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#2862 » by bigfoot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:56 am

breakchains wrote:
bigfoot wrote:Long time Suns fan here. Miss seeing Jared Dudley play for us. What would you guys want for him? I assume he'd pick up his player option next year since I don't see many teams willing to pay him more than $4.25M.

Really not a very good trade for us. Basically saying Dudley, a nearly 30 year old SG/SF, is worth a first round pick. He's a nice role player off the bench. Certainly worth at least a second round pick.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,023

Post#2863 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:57 am

breakchains wrote:

I think he's a lock to opt out. 58% TS, 40% from three. The advanced stats love him. He'll see this as his last chance for a multi-year deal. He's playing the small ball four role that Kidd had Pierce playing and he's been really good.

That said, I have no idea what he's worth to another team.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,023

Post#2864 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:58 am

Am I off? For over a month I've believed Duds was guaranteed to opt out.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#2865 » by bigfoot » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:01 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
breakchains wrote:

I think he's a lock to opt out. 58% TS, 40% from three. The advanced stats love him. He'll see this as his last chance for a multi-year deal. He's playing the small ball four role that Kidd had Pierce playing and he's been really good.

That said, I have no idea what he's worth to another team.

You're probably right that he will opt out. Dudley is not gonna lose much on the athleticism scale as he ages :D But his BBIQ is huge and makes up for it. I can see he would be a match up problem at the four spot when playing small ball. Heck if Channing Frye can pull in $8M per year for four years I guess Dudley should get $5-$6M.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#2866 » by jakecronus8 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:13 am

If Phoenix had the cap space or an exemption I'd give him away for a future conditional second. Good player but has no future here and getting salary off the books is always nice.
Do it for Chuck
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#2867 » by KDBG » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:48 pm

Kanter straight up for Middleton seems like an even deal to me. We need outside shooting help in the worst way, and Middleton seems like a match made in heaven for the Jazz. He would be an ideal fit next to Hayward. No picks needed imo, this trade straight up seems fair. Two restricted free agents that can give their new teams a half season tryout. I actually would be shocked if the Jazz didn't try to go after Middleton in free agency regardless if there was a trade or not. This trade just makes too much damn sense.

Also, forget my Exum criticism rants on this thread like a week ago. Although I was far from the only Jazz fan criticizing the kid, all us doubters look stupid now, and I'm happy to say that. Dude has been ballin' the past few games since we ironically played you guys. It's crazy what inserting Exum into the starting lineup did for his confidence. He's been much more assertive, and making plays. It's seriously night and day from where he was a week ago. Plus, he's playing with a lot better talent, obviously, in the starting lineup. He still looks afraid of contact though, and needs to try to get in the paint way more often. But yeah, my Knight fetish has quickly gone away with this sudden Exum emergence. I'm bi-polar as f***.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,887

Post#2868 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:29 pm

KDBG wrote:Kanter straight up for Middleton seems like an even deal to me.

The Bucks would do that deal in a nanosecond. I don't think Kanter comes that cheaply.
KDBG
Starter

Post#2869 » by KDBG » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:07 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
KDBG wrote:Kanter straight up for Middleton seems like an even deal to me.

The Bucks would do that deal in a nanosecond. I don't think Kanter comes that cheaply.

I dunno, you may be right. But soon-to-be restricted free agents don't have the highest value. That's why this trade makes sense to me. I honestly don't see anyone giving up more than a lottery protected 1st for Kanter. Especially cause I see teams lowballing the Jazz knowing that Kanter is beginning to be a little redundant on our roster with Gobert, Favors, and Booker. Kanter is the better overall player than Middleton. But Middleton would have much more value to a team in desperate need of shooting like the Jazz. You know how important Korver is to the Hawks? Well we run a pretty similar system to them. Middleton would fit like a glove. So Kanter for Middleton and protected 1st is the most I see coming our way considering the circumstances.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,053

Post#2870 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:18 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Am I off? For over a month I've believed Duds was guaranteed to opt out.

I think he'll opt out as well, but I also think it won't be for a big deal and we likely re-sign him. Something like 2/$8 or 3/$11.

That said, if a team like Phoenix would give up an Ennis, Warren or Goodwin for him, we have to make that deal. Or any first round pick.

Of all our guys, Dudley and ZaZa are players we could get real value for in the next three weeks. Their contracts are very reasonable and both are playing at a high level and are HEALTHY for this week. Sell! Sell! Sell!
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#2871 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Unless phoenix trades green or one of the guards I don't see why they would have any interest in dudley. There just not a spot in the rotation for him right now. I'm sure some fans would like him back because he was always a fan favorite but I can't see their front office giving up a young asset for a couple months of duds.

Heck if phoenix doesn't play well with their brutal schedule the next two weeks they might go into minor seller mode and move guys like green to open up minutes for the young guys. They aren't in as much of a win now mode as some people might think. Even the Wright trade was made with resigning him in mind, not just a rental.

Sent from my SM-G900V using RealGM Forums mobile app
Buckfan76
Senior
And1: 33

Post#2872 » by Buckfan76 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Henson, Middleton, Bayless for Kanter and Burke? We move Knight to the 2 or we see if we can trade Knight for a real 2.
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#2873 » by imithanos » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:59 pm

No hay banda.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#2874 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:10 pm

I wouldn't do Kanter for Middleton. Wouldn't even consider it.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#2875 » by VooDoo7 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:11 pm

imithanos wrote:http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kbqtnfa

Is this a fair trade?

HELL YES.

For us at least. Wouldn't make sense at all for Utah.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#2876 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:12 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:

Is this a fair trade?

HELL YES.

For us at least.

I think we are adding a half dozen firsts.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Garden Of Edens
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#2877 » by Garden Of Edens » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:40 pm

Ok guys I had to use my persuasive pitch in 2k to do it but they need to make it happen. Bucks send ersan, mayo, Middleton and 15 1st to Nuggets for Lawson and Afflalo. Get this done!
Insomniaac
Rookie
And1: 994

Post#2878 » by Insomniaac » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Is this a fair trade?

No chance in hell Utah would even consider this
KDBG
Starter

Post#2879 » by KDBG » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Buckfan76 wrote:Henson, Middleton, Bayless for Kanter and Burke? We move Knight to the 2 or we see if we can trade Knight for a real 2.

I'm okay with this trade. I don't really like Bayless for 3 million a year, but I wouldn't cry over it. If Kendall wasn't injured, I'd MUCH prefer him than Bayless.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#2880 » by Dcebucks11 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:09 am

middleton is quite useful to this team and could be a key part of the core. I'd pay him. His shooting is needed to open up lanes for giannis and jabari.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks