ImageImage

2015 awards?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

2015 awards? 

Post#1 » by DutchManDanFan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Which awards are possible? And who are competitors?

ROY - Jabari
MIP - Giannis
6th man - Mayo
COY - Kidd
DPOY - Sanders
owners?

All Star???
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Re: 2015 awards? 

Post#2 » by Badgerlander » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:52 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:Which awards are possible? And who are competitors?

ROY - Jabari
MIP - Giannis
6th man - Mayo
COY - Kidd
DPOY - Sanders
owners?

All Star???

ROY-All Jabari has to do is win the PPGz race
MIP-Jimmy Buckets is running away and hiding with this award right now
6th man- OJ needs to bring his average up around 18ppg to have a shot, don't see it happening. He's playing great basketball but awards are all about that swag
COY-No way Kidd has a shot because of the way he got the job
DPOY-Sanders has a shot, probably needs more minutes per game. DeAndre and Tyson Chandler have to be the early favs :lift:
All Stars- Don't see it. Irving/Wall/Lowry or maybe Rondo and then Irving gets one of the SG slots, DeRozan/DWade/Butler maybe Korver, LeBron/Melo/Joe Johnson?, Love/Bosh/Gasol (Millsap?), Noah/Al Jeff/Hibbert or Lopez

It's too early. The last two games should've been national games but they weren't. We are a nice feel good story right now but not worthy of awards.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#3 » by DutchManDanFan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:12 pm

DocHoliday wrote:All Stars- Don't see it. Irving/Wall/Lowry or maybe Rondo and then Irving gets one of the SG slots, DeRozan/DWade/Butler maybe Korver, LeBron/Melo/Joe Johnson?, Love/Bosh/Gasol (Millsap?), Noah/Al Jeff/Hibbert or Lopez.

There are 12 All stars? Irving, Wall, DWade, Lebron, Melo, Love and Bosh are certain I guess. Then Lowry, DeRozan, Butler, Gasol and Noah make 12. So an injury is needed for one of these...
if that happens, does Giannis have a shot against Rondo, JJ, Korver, Al Jeff/Horf, Hibbert or Lopez? It depends on position off course, but Giannis can play them all. :D What is needed? At least 15+ PPG and the Bucks still > .500?

One thing is certain: it is much more fun to have Giannis in the ASG then lets say Korver or Hibbert. And that's not only seen from the Bucks perspective.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#4 » by Badgerlander » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:15 pm

NO. PLAYER (TEAM) POS. HT. WT. BIRTHDATE FROM
7 * Carmelo Anthony (Knicks) F 6-8 230 05/29/84 Syracuse/USA
24 * Paul George (Pacers) F 6-9 220 05/02/90 Fresno State/USA
6 * LeBron James (Heat) F 6-8 250 12/30/84 St. Vincent-St. Mary HS (OH)/USA
2 * Kyrie Irving (Cavaliers) G 6-3 193 03/23/92 Duke/USA
3 * Dwyane Wade (Heat) G 6-4 220 01/17/82 Marquette/USA
1 Chris Bosh (Heat) F/C 6-11 235 03/24/84 Georgia Tech/USA
10 # DeMar DeRozan (Raptors) G 6-7 216 08/07/89 USC/USA
55 Roy Hibbert (Pacers) C 7-2 290 12/11/86 Georgetown/USA
7 Joe Johnson (Nets) G 6-7 240 06/29/81 Arkansas/USA
4 # Paul Millsap (Hawks) F 6-8 253 02/10/85 Louisiana Tech/USA
13 Joakim Noah (Bulls) C 6-11 232 02/25/85 Florida/USA
2 # John Wall (Wizards) G 6-4 195 09/06/90 Kentucky/USA
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,526

Post#5 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:42 pm

- Jabari can easily run away with ROY if he continues his improvement and the other rookies continue to underwhelm (statistically). I actually think this scenario is likely, but I'll throw in Exum as a dark horse pick.

- Giannis can win MIP, but there is a pretty impressive list right now that would have to be trimmed down for him to have any shot (Butler, Vucevic, Rondo).

- I think if Jason Kidd gets this team to the playoffs with a winning record after it only won 15 games last year, you'd have to give him Coach of the Year. I don't think they will (make the playoffs), but he should be in the running nonetheless.

- I don't see anyone on the squad having a shot at 6th man of the year. It's a purely statistical award and our bench scoring is pretty evenly distributed. Like stated above, OJ would have to average something like 16/4/4 off the bench and we'd most likely have to make the playoffs as well. I don't see us getting the wins or OJ getting the minutes to make it happen.

- All-star is pretty much a box score and popularity contest, so Knight would probably have the best shot at it as of now. But I think the guard field is too crowded (Lowry, Rondo, Wall, Wade) for him to have a chance.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,922

Post#6 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:04 pm

DocHoliday wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:Which awards are possible? And who are competitors?

ROY - Jabari
MIP - Giannis
6th man - Mayo
COY - Kidd
DPOY - Sanders
owners?

All Star???

ROY-All Jabari has to do is win the PPGz race
MIP-Jimmy Buckets is running away and hiding with this award right now
6th man- OJ needs to bring his average up around 18ppg to have a shot, don't see it happening. He's playing great basketball but awards are all about that swag
COY-No way Kidd has a shot because of the way he got the job
DPOY-Sanders has a shot, probably needs more minutes per game. DeAndre and Tyson Chandler have to be the early favs :lift:
All Stars- Don't see it. Irving/Wall/Lowry or maybe Rondo and then Irving gets one of the SG slots, DeRozan/DWade/Butler maybe Korver, LeBron/Melo/Joe Johnson?, Love/Bosh/Gasol (Millsap?), Noah/Al Jeff/Hibbert or Lopez

It's too early. The last two games should've been national games but they weren't. We are a nice feel good story right now but not worthy of awards.

Free up some space, hand Butler a max offer sheet and see if Chicago bites.
A Diddy2231
Analyst
And1: 106

Post#7 » by A Diddy2231 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Don't see any chance CHI lets him walk. They have the money to match

As far as this thread, Knight has a chance for All Star since media thinks he's awesome and casual fans will go with what the media says. Jabari will be ROY
Johnny wrote:You betrayed me! You're not good. You, you're just a chicken. Chip-chip-chip-chip-cheep-cheep.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#8 » by Newz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Being a huge Marquette fan I love me some Jimmy Butler. There is absolutely no way I'd offer that guy a max contract though.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:15 pm

Newz wrote:Being a huge Marquette fan I love me some Jimmy Butler. There is absolutely no way I'd offer that guy a max contract though.

We'll see if this uptick in offensive play continues throughout the year. He's shooting better from all over the court, showing some nice passing ability and being more assertive looking for his shot off the ball. Considering he's already an elite wing defender, if he's only "good" on offense he'd clearly be worth the mini-max.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#10 » by Newz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:20 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Newz wrote:Being a huge Marquette fan I love me some Jimmy Butler. There is absolutely no way I'd offer that guy a max contract though.

We'll see if this uptick in offensive play continues throughout the year. He's shooting better from all over the court, showing some nice passing ability and being more assertive looking for his shot off the ball. Considering he's already an elite wing defender, if he's only "good" on offense he'd clearly be worth the mini-max.

I love Butler and Matthews. I would offer both of those guys deals in that $10-$13 million/yr range. I wouldn't go up to $15-$16 million a year though. Neither of those guys are going to be a top 2 player on a title contender.

I guess if your line of thinking is that Jabari/Giannis aren't due for extensions for 3-4 years, then maybe you could convince me to do it. But even then I don't know what we'd do when all of Jabari/Giannis/Butler/Sanders come up for extensions around that time.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,237

Post#11 » by LUKE23 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:36 pm

I'd offer Butler a big deal for sure. Not sure how big. We don't really have a ton of cap space now unless we free up some room, and that's assuming we don't do anything with Middleton and Knight.

Assuming Dudley opts in and we renounce rights on both Knight and Middleton, we are $52.334M not counting the draft pick. Figure pick makes at minimum $3.7M. So say best case is $56M. Cap is projected at $66.3M currently.

I don't think this is the year to make the splash, although I'd rather spend money on Butler or Matthews, even if we have to overpay, than Knight.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Newz wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I love Butler and Matthews. I would offer both of those guys deals in that $10-$13 million/yr range. I wouldn't go up to $15-$16 million a year though. Neither of those guys are going to be a top 2 player on a title contender.

I guess if your line of thinking is that Jabari/Giannis aren't due for extensions for 3-4 years, then maybe you could convince me to do it. But even then I don't know what we'd do when all of Jabari/Giannis/Butler/Sanders come up for extensions around that time.

(for the record, I don't like Marquette, and I probably watched them play a total of ten minutes when they were in college. wasn't/not a fan.)

Before the season when the topic of Matthews came up my thinking was how I wished he was a few years younger, because he'd be an ideal guy to throw a max deal at. He's been one of the best players no one talks about over the last couple years.

But again, I'm only considering a max deal for Butler if this offensive leap he's taken looks legit at the end of the year. I can't imagine Chicago not matching, but you'd get him in his prime years. There's no way a core of him, the three impact guys we have now, and one more pick aren't legit contenders in two seasons.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,270

Post#13 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:59 pm

I'd rather offer Butler 15mil per than Knight anything over 7 mil per.
Do it for Chuck
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#14 » by BobbyLight » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:06 pm

Offer the max. Either way you (probably) get another core piece or make the Bulls give a player the max. Win/win and all that.

People gotta remember the escalating cap is going to make a deal at next year's max not look so bad the year after.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,599

Post#15 » by emunney » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:08 pm

If Giannis continues his ascent and the Bucks are over .500 by time coaches pick the reserves, I think he'll be an all-star. He's turning into a different player than Paul George, but I think he is right now every bit as good overall as PG was when he was first picked. That's really weirding me out but I believe it's true.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#16 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:10 pm

If giannis can raise his ppg to 16 and the bucks are over. 500 he might be considered for an all star spot.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks