godkingleonidas
Banned User
And1: 2,215

Re: PG Thread: Bucks v Raps 11-21-14 

Post#141 » by godkingleonidas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:28 am

trwi7 wrote:
godkingleonidas wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Our hockey team could probably beat the Maple Leafs tbh.

Looking forward to watching that. Oh wait ... It'll never happen because there a group of semi-pros. Bush league is only something to be mildly ashamed of so, ... there's that.

Semi-pros like Shea Weber, Pekka Rinne, Calle Jarnkrok, Filip Forsberg, Taylor Beck, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm, Ryan Ellis and Colin Wilson? You know, players that just tore the Maple Leafs a new **** a couple days ago. All played for that semi-pro bush league team, some as recently as last year.

Enjoy David Clarkson for the next 6 years.

btw, it's "they're" not "there." Maybe go back to school, preferably Catholic so they can beat the accent out of you.

It's a joke not a dick. Don't take so hard. :lol:
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#142 » by trwi7 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:29 am

godkingleonidas wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
godkingleonidas wrote:
Looking forward to watching that. Oh wait ... It'll never happen because there a group of semi-pros. Bush league is only something to be mildly ashamed of so, ... there's that.

Semi-pros like Shea Weber, Pekka Rinne, Calle Jarnkrok, Filip Forsberg, Taylor Beck, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm, Ryan Ellis and Colin Wilson? You know, players that just tore the Maple Leafs a new **** a couple days ago. All played for that semi-pro bush league team, some as recently as last year.

btw, it's "they're" not "there." Maybe go back to school, preferably Catholic so they can beat the accent out of you.

You Canadians need to work on your jokes. They're not good.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
godkingleonidas
Banned User
And1: 2,215

Post#143 » by godkingleonidas » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:31 am

trwi7 wrote:
godkingleonidas wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

You Canadians need to work on your jokes. They're not good.

If you say so Colonel Klink. Or is Sour Kraut?
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#144 » by PedroGrande » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:09 pm

trwi7 wrote:Semi-pros like Shea Weber, Pekka Rinne, Calle Jarnkrok, Filip Forsberg, Taylor Beck, Roman Josi, Mattias Ekholm, Ryan Ellis and Colin Wilson? You know, players that just tore the Maple Leafs a new **** a couple days ago. All played for that semi-pro bush league team, some as recently as last year.

THAT!!! What trwi7 said... Whatever that means, Suck it Toronto!!!

OH well... Hockey sucks anyway
"Hope isn't a plan"
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#145 » by WRau1 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:13 pm

I guess this is what it feels like to be the away team at Lambeau this year.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#146 » by LUKE23 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:21 pm

28th in O, 9th in D, 26th in SRS.

19 year olds per 36:

JP: 14.6 points, 6.9 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.5 steals, .3 blocks, .496 TS
GA: 16.7 points, 8.1 rebounds, 2.2 assists, .9 steals, .6 blocks, .577 TS
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#147 » by LUKE23 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Dcebucks11 wrote:http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.html?b=sports.nationalpost.com/2014/11/21/toronto-raptors-bruno-caboclo-has-his-giannis-antetokounmpo-moment

nice little article on giannis, also some caboclo quotes in there...

Jared Dudley on Giannis...

“He’s going to be an All-Star. No, it’s definitely not [impossible to conceive of his potential]. … I don’t think we’ve had someone like him,” Dudley said. “He’s [Kevin] Durant-sized but his game’s so much different. I mean, kind of more of a LeBron [James] personality, where he’s more of a passer than a scorer. With that being said, I mean, if I had to give someone that he can be similar to and label him, it’d be more like a [Scottie] Pippen. He doesn’t want to shoot threes. He’s someone who … could be a first-team all-defence guy. I think that would be his upside, but I feel like he’s even more athletic than Pippen.”

Casey on Bruno if you care .. :-)

“Lack of fear? Is that what you call it? There’s nothing wrong with being naïve sometimes,” Casey said of Caboclo’s shot selection. “He’s not afraid. That’s one thing about Bruno: He’s not afraid of anything. He’s a tough kid. He’s a tough kid. He reminds me so much of Rashard Lewis. Rashard gives you that nicey-nice look, but he’s a tough kid. Bruno is, too. That’s what you like about him.”

Finally someone agrees with me on the Pippen comparison.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#148 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:55 pm

LUKE23 wrote:28th in O, 9th in D, 26th in SRS.

19 year olds per 36:

Jabari with 15.8ppg/6.0ppg/1.5apg/1.5spg in his last 4. Most impressive is only needing 11 fga per game. He's slowly becoming what most people thought he would be his rookie year.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#149 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:56 pm

WRau1 wrote:I guess this is what it feels like to be the away team at Lambeau this year.

And what it will feel like to be the Badgers at this afternoon. :D

Spoiler:
just kidding we're gonna get our **** ruined
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#150 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:12 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:28th in O, 9th in D, 26th in SRS.

19 year olds per 36:

Jabari with 15.8ppg/6.0ppg/1.5apg/1.5spg in his last 4. Most impressive is only needing 11 fga per game. He's slowly becoming what most people thought he would be his rookie year.

13 games in bro.... I don't see anything slow about it!
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#151 » by breakchains » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Maybe this belongs in another thread, but it was from a Canadian paper:

“Some stuff he does in practice [is incredible]: just jumping off each leg, [he] can dunk, how he can block shots,” Dudley said of his teammate. “I think everyone knew when he first came, he was going to be special. The question was can he put it together. And I think now his production is kind of equaling his potential.”

“He’s going to be an All-Star. No, it’s definitely not [impossible to conceive of his potential]. … I don’t think we’ve had someone like him,” Dudley said. “He’s [Kevin] Durant-sized but his game’s so much different. I mean, kind of more of a LeBron [James] personality, where he’s more of a passer than a scorer. With that being said, I mean, if I had to give someone that he can be similar to and label him, it’d be more like a [Scottie] Pippen. He doesn’t want to shoot threes. He’s someone who … could be a first-team all-defence guy. I think that would be his upside, but I feel like he’s even more athletic than Pippen.”

http://ww2.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.h ... mpo-moment

edit: just saw someone else posted it.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#152 » by LUKE23 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:41 pm

The thing to me that makes it a near certainty he makes it is his mentality. You can see he's a killer. I think Jabari has it to. It's going to be fun.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#153 » by chonestown » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:43 pm

I watched it on the dvr and I did not make it to the final horn.

Toronto is super fun to watch. Lou Williams continues to be the Deerslayer regardless of the uniform he rocks at the time.

Doug Gilmour was one of my favorite players in NHL94 on the SNES.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
kfernandes29
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#154 » by kfernandes29 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:59 pm

trwi7 wrote:
godkingleonidas wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Our hockey team could probably beat the Maple Leafs tbh.

You're using punctuation where you shouldn't and don't have any where you should. Maybe you need to go back to school......?
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#155 » by DickCunningham » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:10 pm

kfernandes29 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
godkingleonidas wrote:

You're using punctuation where you shouldn't and don't have any where you should. Maybe you need to go back to school......?

First post ever? What a way to break your cherry. :)
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#156 » by unklchuk » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Can't stand budding success?

Our team is looking totally different and quite remarkable. And RGM is getting stranger and stranger.

It seems this forum has built its personality on years of abject failure. Developed some variant of survival mentality. And now in the presence of good news. it's dazed and confused. Institutionalized attitude. Repetitive condemnation of scapegoated players. Automatic mantras demanding tunnel vision views of what MUST be done.

Why smell the roses when you can prick your fingers on the thorns? And imagine thorns and snakes where there are none.

I came to this PG thread looking for comment on the game. But it's all noise and no signal. [Me? I ascribe the loss to human nature. Heroic exertions in the 3s (wins and OTs) followed in typical people fashion by collapse. I'd say the loss doesn't mean a thing.]
AFAIK, IDKM
jtf150
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#157 » by jtf150 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:47 pm

WRau1 wrote:I guess this is what it feels like to be the away team at Lambeau this year.

or a Bears fan!
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''” - Muhammad Ali
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#158 » by chonestown » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:25 pm

unklchuk wrote:Can't stand budding success?

Our team is looking totally different and quite remarkable. And RGM is getting stranger and stranger.

It seems this forum has built its personality on years of abject failure. Developed some variant of survival mentality. And now in the presence of good news. it's dazed and confused. Institutionalized attitude. Repetitive condemnation of scapegoated players. Automatic mantras demanding tunnel vision views of what MUST be done.

Why smell the roses when you can prick your fingers on the thorns? And imagine thorns and snakes where there are none.

I came to this PG thread looking for comment on the game. But it's all noise and no signal. [Me? I ascribe the loss to human nature. Heroic exertions in the 3s (wins and OTs) followed in typical people fashion by collapse. I'd say the loss doesn't mean a thing.]

I get what you're saying, but what do you expect after a 40 point loss?
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#159 » by BuckFan25226 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:26 pm

While the Raptors are definitely a good team, they really need to land at least a star to superstar type player to be a contender.

Kyle Lowry is a nice piece,fringe all star. Derozan is a more athletic Redd who can't shoot or score as efficiently. Other than that, they are fairly deep and play extremely hard.

Looking forward to getting them at home where they don't make every horrible shot they take.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#160 » by BuckFan25226 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:28 pm

chonestown wrote:
unklchuk wrote:Can't stand budding success?

I get what you're saying, but what do you expect after a 40 point loss?

Come back here and read a post game thread after a win and you'll see what he means.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi

Return to Milwaukee Bucks