PG: HAVE IT ALL!!!

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Re: PG: HAVE IT ALL!!! 

Post#181 » by CannondaleF400 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 5:44 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:
Newz wrote:Yeah, I like Sanders game... but there are some pretty huge downfalls that come with having him on the team. When you have to have your 19 year old guys trying to teach the veteran starter how to behave, then that's not good. He's also pretty horrendous offensively as well.

not to mention his greatest asset is disrupting shots on defense but cant stay on the floor because of fouls

I think the refs would give him the benefit of the doubt a little more if he wasn't so short tempered. He got called for a foul last night on a clear block at the rim with no body contact.

Also, he should not be allowed to take jump shots unless he takes his goggles off like he does on FTs.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,785

Post#182 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 5:51 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
youre talking about the 3 pt lead that mysteriously disappeared over the final 3 minutes? you want blame that on knight? the 3 pt lead that the bench "built up"? the 3 pt lead that was all that was left after only scoring 2 pts in 4 minutes before knight re entered the game? is a this a damn joke or are you actually serious with this bulshti?

3 point lead??

yep.. 3 pt lead. that's what it was when he came back in after sitting the first 9 minutes of the 4th. go back and look at the play log if you dont believe me. then once you see it come back and offer me an apology.

Well, you are correct. The lead did diminish within a few minutes before he came back in. But we did have the lead. But I will apologize, if that makes you feel better.

When Brandon was subbed out in favor of Marshall (1:00 remaining in the 3rd), Bucks trailed by 3. With Knight on the bench, Bucks built a 98-90 lead with 4:22 reaming in the game. That's a +11 difference with him off the court.

The lead was cut to 98-95 quickly in a minute and a half right before Knight came back in.
Be Here Now
Rookie
And1: 192

Post#183 » by Be Here Now » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:07 pm

I don't think Charlotte touches Sanders after the Stephenson debacle. Pretty unfortunate because they're the perfect trading partner.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Gooden to me...is a rock.

He is the one player I wish was healthy all year but I do not complain about it. You can't control that so why cry?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,839

Post#184 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:13 pm

One bitch about Ted Davis. I was listening to his call of the game last night and when Monta hit that shot, Ted again used his super excited voice.

Ted's excited voice makes NO distinction as to whether a play was good or bad for the Bucks, it just sounds to the listener like something great happened. Ted frequently uses his super excited voice for great plays the other team makes. For 95% of team announcers, they only use that type of tone when something good happens for their team.

This trait has bugged the crap out of me for the almost 20-years Ted has been here. I remember Homer ripping on him for it when the team hired him back in the day.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,934

Post#185 » by Perishable517 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:38 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:This could be a season where we get our heartbroken repeatedly with lots of close losses.

Fueling the fire for Giannis & Jabari to take the league by storm next season.

At least that's what I'm telling myself this morning.

This.

Who wasn't expecting a blow out in Cleveland and a sound loss on the second night to Dallas? I would have to say a majority of us. They played both, quality, teams down to the wire.

They play. They do not quit.

side note...I heard that viewership is up over 200% from last season. Not really all that shocked but it does say something.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#186 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:46 pm

Sanders contract won't be a problem, but if someone wants to knock our socks off with an offer, ears are open.
Go Bucks!
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#187 » by drew881 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:54 pm

Be Here Now wrote:I don't think Charlotte touches Sanders after the Stephenson debacle. Pretty unfortunate because they're the perfect trading partner.

High entertainment potential.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#188 » by Treebeard » Thu Dec 4, 2014 6:55 pm

Perishable517 wrote:
side note...I heard that viewership is up over 200% from last season. Not really all that shocked but it does say something.

On related notes: The commish specifically commented on digital media and the worldwide nature of the NBA, when he sat with Johnny Mac & Jim the other night, plus both those guys discussed some comments Cuban made about lowering the cost of seats for Mav's home games - in light of the coming TV deal. Herb Kohl, bless his heart, was a 20th century owner. L-E&D seem to be creatures of the 21st century.

I'm not sure what those nuggets mean in the grander scheme of the NBA, but status quo doesn't seem to fit.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#189 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Dec 4, 2014 7:12 pm

Looks like no Deng for Miami tomorrow.

So, Wade will probably drop 50 in Milwaukee tomorrow night.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#190 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Dec 4, 2014 7:37 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:3 point lead??

yep.. 3 pt lead. that's what it was when he came back in after sitting the first 9 minutes of the 4th. go back and look at the play log if you dont believe me. then once you see it come back and offer me an apology.

Well, you are correct. The lead did diminish within a few minutes before he came back in. But we did have the lead. But I will apologize, if that makes you feel better.

When Brandon was subbed out in favor of Marshall (1:00 remaining in the 3rd), Bucks trailed by 3. With Knight on the bench, Bucks built a 98-90 lead with 4:22 reaming in the game. That's a +11 difference with him off the court.

The lead was cut to 98-95 quickly in a minute and a half right before Knight came back in.

I accept your apology.

we did build a little lead with the subs. unfortunately when dallas countered back with their starters kidd stayed asleep at the wheel reinserting Brandon too late to reverse the momentum. about that time chandler started playing with sanders like a toy and it was simply too late to right the ship. knight made his best damn attempt tho. in the end we need more g and j tho if we expect to win these type of games.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#191 » by Newz » Thu Dec 4, 2014 7:57 pm

I will also say that since we were on the Sanders thing just a page ago...

This is why I don't disagree with GoS when he says Kidd/Hammonds may not like Sanders. I can't believe that anyone thinks it is far fetched that any coach or GM around the league may not like him. I think he's a reasonable deal at his contract and his contract might become a bargain as deals start to go up around the league.

However, he is pretty dreadful on offense, he has a bad reptuation on the court, he has done stupid things off the court and he's a great defender who often gets into foul trouble.

I can see why some people like him and some people just want to get rid of him. I personally would hang onto him right now because I personally think his value is pretty low and odds are you aren't getting anything of value back for him.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,785

Post#192 » by VooDoo7 » Thu Dec 4, 2014 9:25 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

I accept your apology.

we did build a little lead with the subs. unfortunately when dallas countered back with their starters kidd stayed asleep at the wheel reinserting Brandon too late to reverse the momentum. about that time chandler started playing with sanders like a toy and it was simply too late to right the ship. knight made his best damn attempt tho. in the end we need more g and j tho if we expect to win these type of games.

First off, I agree with you on Kidd, in general. His handling of the guys/rotations is just mind-boggling sometimes.

I probably come off as more of a "Knight hater" than I really am. I "hate" Knight running the point. I just do. And to me, that's also on Kidd, obviously. If he's playing off the ball, then I really have no problem with him. As long as he plays within the offense and not playing hero ball. So, I don't hate him. Brandon Jennings, now that guy I hated. Knight is a better player than him, and works his butt off and has a good attitude from what it seems.

I'd still love to see more of Marshall and Wolters tho. Signing Bayless was just a dumb move, period. What happened to playing the younger guys this year? It seems to be more about winning and playing the vets to help us do so. This is probably the last year where we'd have a shot at a decent lottery pick. I feel like all the talk from Lasry and Edens in the off-season was just a lie in that regard. Unless that's what they wanted, but Kidd is overriding that idea. Who knows...I'm just rambling now.

Cheers.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#193 » by Treebeard » Thu Dec 4, 2014 9:36 pm

Don't Bayless & Kidd have the same agent? While he has been some better than I expected, he's still redundant. Marshall or Wolters could be playing ahead of him depending on situations. It's an oversimplification, but Bayless seems to be a jack of several trades, but a master of none. Marshall can't shoot consistently, but does a real good job of distributing. Wolter's can't shoot (so far....) but does the other backup PG skills well.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,479

Post#194 » by old skool » Thu Dec 4, 2014 11:08 pm

Bayless and Kidd are very good friends. Kidd wanted Bayless. This should not be a surprise to anyone who follows the NBA.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#195 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Dec 4, 2014 11:19 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Looks like no Deng for Miami tomorrow.

So, Wade will probably drop 50 in Milwaukee tomorrow night.

Ferry noted from the scouting report that Deng, as well as other Africans, suffer from swollen hands.
Go Bucks!
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#196 » by El Duderino » Thu Dec 4, 2014 11:22 pm

LUKE23 wrote:The fouls are here to stay, unfortunately. The refs hate Larry. He gets called for more non-fouls than any player in the league currently.

I don't know about that. Sure he gets some bogus fouls, but he's also been committing to many dumb fouls. At some point Larry has to be smarter about how he defends and avoid the unnecessary fouls that aren't for protecting the rim. That said, it doesn't help how often he has to cover for guys blowing past guards/wing defenders.
MilHammer
Bench Warmer
And1: 713

Post#197 » by MilHammer » Thu Dec 4, 2014 11:37 pm

Sanders is by far the most frustrating player on the team for me. Defensively he just needs to calm down, dude never seems to have on off-switch.
Offensively, its more a matter of movement and being able to just catch the ball. He could easily average a double double if he stayed focused.

Sent from my LG-D801 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,718

Post#198 » by Ayt » Fri Dec 5, 2014 1:00 am

El Duderino wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:The fouls are here to stay, unfortunately. The refs hate Larry. He gets called for more non-fouls than any player in the league currently.

I don't know about that. Sure he gets some bogus fouls, but he's also been committing to many dumb fouls. At some point Larry has to be smarter about how he defends and avoid the unnecessary fouls that aren't for protecting the rim. That said, it doesn't help how often he has to cover for guys blowing past guards/wing defenders.

His fouls per minute rate is up roughly 50% this year compared to the last two and a huge part of it is from him committing a lot of pointless, avoidable fouls every game. He actually leads the league in overall fouls and he only plays 21.7 MPG.

I thought he had learned to avoid the cheap fouls so that when the inevitable bad calls do happen they don't hurt as much. Instead he's reverted back to picking up dumb fouls by hip checking and the like or randomly swiping for steals.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#199 » by John Murdoch » Fri Dec 5, 2014 8:11 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Once I heard the words "Ken Mauer" I knew we were ****.

He and Salvatore r the shadiest...maybe its the pat riley slick back that makes him seem untrustworthy

Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks