ImageImage

Scouts, Execs believe Kidd is hurting Parker by minute limit

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,679

Re: Scouts, Execs believe Kidd is hurting Parker by minute l 

Post#61 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 8, 2014 5:03 am

This whole thing just seems like a manufactured story. Why no mention of the other rookies from this class getting limited minutes? How is Jabari's development exclusive to being ruined by lack of playing 34+ minutes the 1st quarter of his rookie season?

I don't get the obsession over minute distribution. No one on the roster is getting more than 32 minutes a night consistently. Force feeding minutes to 19 year old rookies isn't an essential part of player development imo. You risk fostering bad habits (chucking, forcing bad shots) and playing favorites in the locker room. The minutes will increase as the season progresses anyways.

Play them when it makes sense, pull them when they **** up and/or give them crunch time minutes when you feel they're ready. I see no fault in how Kidd is managing either Jabari or Giannis' development right now.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#62 » by Newz » Mon Dec 8, 2014 2:36 pm

This article f'in dum, yo.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#63 » by LUKE23 » Mon Dec 8, 2014 4:17 pm

Jabari is at 30.0 mpg currently. I'd like to see him a little higher than that, but it isn't a huge deal. Would like to see his usage go from .205 to like .250 though.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks