ImageImage

Poll: Preference - Knight, Wes Matthews, Asik or Dragic?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Knight, Matthews, Asik or Dragic?

I'd keep Knight at 4/$48
31%
I'd take Matthews at 4/$60
19%
I'd take Asik at 4/$60
8%
I'd take Dragic at 4/$75
42%

Total votes: 127

Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: Poll: Preference - Knight, Wes Matthews, Asik or Dragic 

Post#221 » by Chapter29 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:46 pm

I would love to keep Knight as a 6th man for this team. Sadly that doesn't seem likely.

Knight is playing for a big contract and his numbers thus far will help him get it.

So do we overpay for him and then be forced to start him for another season at least to try and justify the contract?

Or

Do we trade him now while he's playing well and maximize the asset?

TRADE HIM NOW!
Giannis
is
UponUs
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#222 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:53 pm

milweskee wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:I'd throw a max contract at jimmy butler and look for a pg that can run the offense.

He's already on our roster.

I like Marshall and wolters..
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#223 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:53 pm

milweskee wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:I'd throw a max contract at jimmy butler and look for a pg that can run the offense.

He's already on our roster.

I like Marshall and wolters..
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,640

Poll: Preference - Knight, Wes Matthews, Asik or Dragic? 

Post#224 » by machu46 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:56 pm

I really don't think we are looking for a PG they can run an offense. I think Knight is the mold of PG that Kidd envisions on this team. If we get the C that he wants and Giannis and Jabari develop the way most expect, Knight is a perfect fit and the guys like Rondo and Rubio don't fit.

Edit: then again, you could use this same argument to support the idea of saving money on a PG and getting a guy that's more like what Chalmers/Cole were like when the big 3 was still intact.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MilHammer
Bench Warmer
And1: 713

Post#225 » by MilHammer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:08 pm

machu46 wrote:I really don't think we are looking for a PG they can run an offense. I think Knight is the mold of PG that Kidd envisions on this team. If we get the C that he wants and Giannis and Jabari develop the way most expect, Knight is a perfect fit and the guys like Rondo and Rubio don't fit.

Edit: then again, you could use this same argument to support the idea of saving money on a PG and getting a guy that's more like what Chalmers/Cole were like when the big 3 was still intact.

I agree with this. In the future, I think we'll see Giannis initiating the offense a decent amount of time, as evidenced by Kidds PG experimentations, along with a lot more Jabari isos. In that case, I think Kidd just wants Knight to be serviceable as a creator at the point, and instead have him focus on moving off the ball and getting open for 3's once Giannis and Jabari mature into their own. Essentially 4 ballhandler's on the court at all times. Only thing that worries me is whether or not Knight is willing to take a secondary role, after being an important part of the team for so long, whether we like it or not. Thankfully the organization seems to love him and his work ethic, so maybe he will accept his new role over time.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#226 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:41 pm

The obvious move is to trade Knight. I'm getting more and more nervous it won't happen. Agin, if Knight is here long term as the starter I lose quite a bit of faith in the new regime.
Do it for Chuck

Return to Milwaukee Bucks