ImageImage

Jabari Parker - Cleared to play 11/4

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,280

Re: Jabari Parker - Not back until January -pg 82 

Post#2001 » by HKPackFan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:15 am

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2015/07/27/jabari-parker-will-take-milwaukee-bucks-to-another-level-next-season/

Milwaukee Bucks forward Jabari Parker was having a season that would’ve put him in consideration for Rookie of the Year when an ACL tear (the peskiest of basketball injuries) derailed that chance. His team was still able to make the playoffs, though, and they even gave the Chicago Bulls a good fight in the first round.

Parker averaged 12.3 points and 5.5 rebounds per game last year before the unfortunate injury happened on Dec. 15. Next season, the Eastern Conference better watch out, because Parker will be back with plenty of motivation to rack up wins for his team. The forward out of Duke University doesn’t have a timetable for his return to the court, but he started working out with Tyler Ennis in Las Vegas this month.

It also helps the Bucks that they’ll be playing their second season under head coach Jason Kidd, and free agent acquisition Greg Monroe will give them a bully in the post to throw the rock to. Parker may have missed his chance at winning ROY, but he still has plenty left in the tank of his career. He has distinguished himself at every level of basketball by winning, and the 2015-16 season will be no different.

The Bucks will make noise in the East thanks to their loaded roster and returning superstar, and it wouldn’t surprise anyone to see them get out of the first round next postseason. Will they beat a team like the Bulls or Cleveland Cavaliers once they arrive there? That remains to be decided, but their chances are certainly a lot better with a talent like Parker on board and healthy.
#FreeChuckDiesel
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#2002 » by skones » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:38 pm

Figured I'd drop this here regarding The info about Jabari not being ready by January tweeted by Suki Hobson. Apparently she's in some sort of bet to gain more twitter followers than someone else, and wrote that tweet to stir the pot at that front. Hear 50/50 he'll be ready from day 1 with a minutes restriction.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,280

Re: Re: Jabari Parker - Not back until January -pg 82 

Post#2003 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:45 am

skones wrote:Figured I'd drop this here regarding The info about Jabari not being ready by January tweeted by Suki Hobson. Apparently she's in some sort of bet to gain more twitter followers than someone else, and wrote that tweet to stir the pot at that front. Hear 50/50 he'll be ready from day 1 with a minutes restriction.

Did she admit or tweet out about said bet or something?
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,527

Post#2004 » by th87 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:04 am

Would rather he wait. We have plenty of time.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#2005 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:11 pm

raferfenix wrote:What happened to the Big 3 was such a shame.

What happened to them is that they were never that good to begin with. Allen, Cassell, and Robinson were basically .500 together. They capitalized on arguably the Eastern conference's weakest season out of many, many weak seasons and won (gasp!) 52 games in a season in which they had some of the best injury luck I've ever seen. They had a fluky 8-0 record against Sacto, LAL, Utah, and the Spurs (all teams that were coasting in the regular season and had nothing to prove against the Bucks) but were something like 1-13 against the other 7 solid teams from the West. People cherry-pick their memories of the Big 3 Bucks and celebrate them for these reasons, which is a joke and a testament to the loser mentality that plagues Milwaukee sports. It's the same way with the Brewers. Lots of offense and one good season when everything went their way, but basically a mediocre team that for some reason the fans have embraced despite the fact that they've been a .500 team in the Mark A era as well and are pretty much a perennial pretender. I hate the way we celebrate the 2001 Bucks, and I shudder at the thought of celebrating the 2011 Brewers as well. We will never have a true contender in either sport until someone in charge stops making a show of putting together a "competitive" team and starts thinking like a true champion. Hopefully the fans will follow suit.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#2006 » by chonestown » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:20 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:

What happened to them is that they were never that good to begin with. Allen, Cassell, and Robinson were basically .500 together. They capitalized on arguably the Eastern conference's weakest season out of many, many weak seasons and won (gasp!) 52 games in a season in which they had some of the best injury luck I've ever seen. They had a fluky 8-0 record against Sacto, LAL, Utah, and the Spurs (all teams that were coasting in the regular season and had nothing to prove against the Bucks) but were something like 1-13 against the other 7 solid teams from the West.

I agree with this. At the risk of using a term I loathe, none of the Big 3 were alpha dogs. Each was a top-level sidekick. Ray elevated his play once he left Milwaukee, but his best years were elsewhere. They played fun ball, but it never felt sustainable.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#2007 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:20 pm

IDK, having two of the best hitters in baseball with the best offense and then trading for a Cy Young pitcher and setting themselves as favorites to win it all with 4 teams left seems like the move a true champion. Players just didn't pull it off. That's the problem with small markets in baseball, very difficult to sustain it long term, you only get a few cracks and you have to get lucky and win it in one of those years.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
skones
RealGM

Re: Re: Jabari Parker - Not back until January -pg 82 

Post#2008 » by skones » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:43 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
skones wrote:Figured I'd drop this here regarding The info about Jabari not being ready by January tweeted by Suki Hobson. Apparently she's in some sort of bet to gain more twitter followers than someone else, and wrote that tweet to stir the pot at that front. Hear 50/50 he'll be ready from day 1 with a minutes restriction.

No, but it was made known to her that people were running with it and that's the reason it was deleted. There's a degree of separation here, but I've got no reason to believe that it's false information.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#2009 » by coolhandluke121 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:47 pm

BadgersBucks wrote:IDK, having two of the best hitters in baseball with the best offense and then trading for a Cy Young pitcher and setting themselves as favorites to win it all with 4 teams left seems like the move a true champion. Players just didn't pull it off. That's the problem with small markets in baseball, very difficult to sustain it long term, you only get a few cracks and you have to get lucky and win it in one of those years.

The Bucks had a team of depth and balance in a sport where you need alpha dogs, and the Brewers had a few alpha dogs in a sport where you need depth and balance. What they both have in common, besides very poor defense and an inability to do the little things it takes to finish the job, is they each had one magical season but were absolutely mediocre pretty much every other season that core was together. That does not constitute knowing how to build a champion in my book. That constitutes a fluke. Both teams were consistently better on paper than they were in the standings. Both seasons were fun, but I refuse to look back on either team as an example of what we should be aiming for in order to have enough sustained success to legitimately have a shot at a title.

Not to turn this into baseball chat, but I don't think a legit contender should have to start guys like McGehee, Yuni, and Narveson. That was kind of a joke. Having Braun, Fielder, and Greinke doesn't make up for that. Just like having a few great scorers doesn't make up for being a liability in other facets of the game in basketball (not sure that should be directed at Jabari yet, but it certainly applies to the Big 3 and company).
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#2010 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:59 pm

They won 97 games and were up 1-0 in the NLCS with home field advantage in the NLCS and WS. A WS champion just started Travis Ishikawa in LF in the WS. That same defending world champion then brought in Casey Mcgee to start this year, 4 years after we let him go. They've won 3 titles in the last 5 years, but I guess they're not champions either. You can make these bawdy espn hot take type views but it's not that simple, if they win that title what do you say? The team was also loaded in 2012 but a bullpen implosion early season messed it all up. Brewers did tried their best for about 7 years, had a top offense the whole and it didn't work out, and it really all came down to not developing their own starting pitching, they have a few up now but they're 4 years too late. That was the problem, not some espn hot take of 'not having the heart of a champion'.

That year though they should have just grabbed a good fielding SS even if he couldn't hit instead of Yuni, they had plenty of offense.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#2011 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:06 pm

But I would agree that Brewers pre MA weren't really even trying. Now they are, of course there will be mistakes made, it happens to all teams. But they are now doing their best and trying to win.

Same with the Bucks, old ownership was running it in a bush league way thinking they can't compete because it's a small market. New owners aren't having that, they're doing everything they can to win. Of course they'll screw stuff up too. This is sports, it happens and only one team can win every year. But both owner groups now seem to be putting their best effort in to win, how about support them. The old owners, I would agree with your take. Otherwise just become a Cardinals and Spurs fan I guess.

Specific to the 2001 team, as some said they were a little ahead of their times with the way they played, they would fit in better now. Back then iso ball and dumping it to a big man were the best routes. Now having shooters everywhere and moving the ball is the route.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#2012 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Aug 1, 2015 2:50 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:

What happened to them is that they were never that good to begin with. Allen, Cassell, and Robinson were basically .500 together. They capitalized on arguably the Eastern conference's weakest season out of many, many weak seasons and won (gasp!) 52 games in a season in which they had some of the best injury luck I've ever seen. They had a fluky 8-0 record against Sacto, LAL, Utah, and the Spurs (all teams that were coasting in the regular season and had nothing to prove against the Bucks) but were something like 1-13 against the other 7 solid teams from the West. People cherry-pick their memories of the Big 3 Bucks and celebrate them for these reasons, which is a joke and a testament to the loser mentality that plagues Milwaukee sports. It's the same way with the Brewers. Lots of offense and one good season when everything went their way, but basically a mediocre team that for some reason the fans have embraced despite the fact that they've been a .500 team in the Mark A era as well and are pretty much a perennial pretender. I hate the way we celebrate the 2001 Bucks, and I shudder at the thought of celebrating the 2011 Brewers as well. We will never have a true contender in either sport until someone in charge stops making a show of putting together a "competitive" team and starts thinking like a true champion. Hopefully the fans will follow suit.

who **** in your coffee
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#2013 » by MadBlueEdwards » Sat Aug 1, 2015 3:11 pm

chonestown wrote:[Looks for Jabari news]
[Double-checks to see if clicked on intended post]
[Goes back to team forum lobby]

This thread is a disaster.
nmeurett
Bench Warmer
And1: 212

Post#2014 » by nmeurett » Sat Aug 1, 2015 4:30 pm

MadBlueEdwards wrote:
chonestown wrote:[Looks for Jabari news]
[Double-checks to see if clicked on intended post]
[Goes back to team forum lobby]

This thread is a disaster.

I agree stay on topic talking about Jabari's rehab or start a new thread to talk about this other crap...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Jabari Parker - Not back until January -pg 82 

Post#2015 » by Buck Dweller » Sat Aug 1, 2015 5:45 pm

skones wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

No, but it was made known to her that people were running with it and that's the reason it was deleted. There's a degree of separation here, but I've got no reason to believe that it's false information.

Wait a minute, so she purposely made up a lie about Jabari not coming back until January in order to stir up some twitter followers? She'd have to be a complete idiot to do that, and she clearly isn't one. Why wouldn't she just say he should be ready for game 1 instead of making up a lie about him not coming back until January? That would still get her the publicity and it wouldn't be a lie.

I think there's every reason not to believe this.
skones
RealGM

Post#2016 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2015 6:00 pm

BucksIn6ix wrote:
skones wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:

Wait a minute, so she purposely made up a lie about Jabari not coming back until January in order to stir up some twitter followers? She'd have to be a complete idiot to do that, and she clearly isn't one. Why wouldn't she just say he should be ready for game 1 instead of making up a lie about him not coming back until January? That would still get her the publicity and it wouldn't be a lie.

I think there's every reason not to believe this.

You make it sound like the entire thing had ill intentions from the start. People make misguided decisions sometimes. That's what it was. There was a reason the tweet wasn't up very long and thus deleted.

Believe what you want. When it comes to what Jabari says, he says day 1, but I'll take that with a grain of salt as any athlete would say the same.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#2017 » by Prez » Sat Aug 1, 2015 6:03 pm

I don't want him back opening night. 9 months and 23 days from surgery date to opening night should be sufficient but I think you give him a cushion just to be safe. If he's cleared to return game 1, let him return in December. Give him an extra 3 weeks to a month to be absolutely sure he's good to go.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#2018 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Aug 1, 2015 6:32 pm

Im fine with them bringing him back slowly.. His game is more NBA ready than most his age, let him get to 150%.. In the meantime I hope they put Giannis at the 4 and Middleton or Vasquez at the 3. I think the 4 is his best spot
skones
RealGM

Post#2019 » by skones » Sat Aug 1, 2015 7:09 pm

He will be under a heavy minute restriction when he returns. The arbitrary value on that right now, obviously subject to change based on the next few months is 15 minutes.

I'd rather them just sit him until he's ready for more than that personally.
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,730

Post#2020 » by Wonka » Sat Aug 1, 2015 8:05 pm

Dcebucks11 wrote:Im fine with them bringing him back slowly.. His game is more NBA ready than most his age, let him get to 150%.. In the meantime I hope they put Giannis at the 4 and Middleton or Vasquez at the 3. I think the 4 is his best spot

Vazquez at the 3? :crazy:

But I think you have to be okay with them bringing him back slowly, he's so young. Has a lot of basketball left, the first few months of this season don't mean much compared to the next decade

Return to Milwaukee Bucks