ImageImage

2015 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Re: 2015 TV/Movie/Book Thread with Spoilers 

Post#761 » by jimmybones » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:17 pm

I personally am really looking forward to Leto's Joker and liked what I saw in the trailer. Ledger's(RIP) Joker was one of the favorite characters of all time, but Leto is an amazing actor and gets really involved in his characters which gives me high hopes. I read that he sent Margot Robbie a dead rat in the mail to get immersed more in character, lol. Heath not only set virtually impossible shoes to fill for a Joker, but you also have to keep in mind Leto is playing a different version of the Joker. I have no problem with the makeup, teeth, tats. The laugh, delivery of the line and appearance all were eerie as hell to me, exactly what I want from the Joker.

Harley Quinn/10 yes please. But really, from the trailer it looks like she's nailed the damaged psychopath role. "Are you the devil?" The look on her face, damn, killed it. I'm not a huge comic book follower and knew nothing about the Suicide Squad until this trailer leaked but I'll be watching for sure to see Robbie's Harley Quinn and Leto's Joker.

Does anyone know who's on the table the Joker is talking to at the end? If you don't and want to, I'll tell you through spoiler tag. Then again, maybe everyone knows and I'm that much of a noob.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,654

Post#762 » by TroyD92 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:56 am

Watching Breaking Bad again. Hard to believe this scene still gives me goosebumps.

Spoiler:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWfK5JyD2bA[/youtube]

Never noticed this for some reason until today.

VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Re: Re: 

Post#763 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:11 am

Newz wrote:
jokeboy86 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
As for BvS. I might be the only comic book nerd not going to see it. Haven't decided yet. Loved the Dark Knight but absolutely HATED MoS. Snyder is going to ruin any potential DCU. No faith in him to take this brand anywhere good.... Ughhhh I'll probably still see it in theatres.

Everytime I argue with someone about how bad BvS will be I ask them to name one good Zack Snyder movie. His best movie was 300 and thats not saying much. I might even be optimistic if it were an unknown director or a director on their first big budget movie but he has a history of mediocre to bad movies. And he's obsessed with slow motion and has been shooting his movies the same way since 300. He's Michael Bay lite and not even a Goyer script can save this movie.

Watchmen is easily in the worst 25 movies I have ever watched. :(

Yeah, that sucked.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Re: 

Post#764 » by HKPackFan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:58 am

RRyder823 wrote:Some thoughts on the comic trailers

Maybe it's just me but the Suicide Squad trailer only made me want to see it less. Don't get me wrong. The movie itself looked good but the Joker clip I've seen people rave about absolutely sucked to me. The grill looked every bit as stupid as I'd thought it'd be and omg those tatoos. But the worst was the line. "I'm not going to kill you. I'm just going to hurt you really, really bad." What did a 5 year old wright that? Even the simple switch too " I'm not going to kill you. I'm just going to have some fun." Would've been a much better and sinister line more fitting of the Joker. I guess I can hold out hope Leto delivers a stellar performance but overcoming that look and some bad writing might be to tall of a task. Harley Quinn looked great and I do love Will Smith as an actor but a bad Joker could/will leave a taste in the mouth so bad it doesn't really matter. It all leans on Leto and his performance. I'll be seeing it in theatres though so I'll be be hoping for the best

As for BvS. I might be the only comic book nerd not going to see it. Haven't decided yet. Loved the Dark Knight but absolutely HATED MoS. Snyder is going to ruin any potential DCU. No faith in him to take this brand anywhere good.... Ughhhh I'll probably still see it in theatres.

Deadpool looked awesome. Then again I've been wanting this movie to happen omg so much since Ryan Reynolds was cast to play Deadpool in the god awful Origins movie.

I don't mind a new take on the Joker. No one will ever be Heath Ledger, so it is fitting they go in a new direction with the Joker, so I'm going to wait before I judge Leto on it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#765 » by RRyder823 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:40 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:Some thoughts on the comic trailers

Maybe it's just me but the Suicide Squad trailer only made me want to see it less. Don't get me wrong. The movie itself looked good but the Joker clip I've seen people rave about absolutely sucked to me. The grill looked every bit as stupid as I'd thought it'd be and omg those tatoos. But the worst was the line. "I'm not going to kill you. I'm just going to hurt you really, really bad." What did a 5 year old wright that? Even the simple switch too " I'm not going to kill you. I'm just going to have some fun." Would've been a much better and sinister line more fitting of the Joker. I guess I can hold out hope Leto delivers a stellar performance but overcoming that look and some bad writing might be to tall of a task. Harley Quinn looked great and I do love Will Smith as an actor but a bad Joker could/will leave a taste in the mouth so bad it doesn't really matter. It all leans on Leto and his performance. I'll be seeing it in theatres though so I'll be be hoping for the best

Deadpool looked awesome. Then again I've been wanting this movie to happen omg so much since Ryan Reynolds was cast to play Deadpool in the god awful Origins movie.

I don't mind a new take on the Joker. No one will ever be Heath Ledger, so it is fitting they go in a new direction with the Joker, so I'm going to wait before I judge Leto on it.

I don't mind a new take and I'm hoping for the best from Leto but his "new look" to me is them trying to reinvent the wheel. A stupid grill and tats just comes off as trying way to hard when you could still change plenty of things about the apearence and not go so far over the top. It's a bad look for the Joker. Nicholsons Joker and Ledgers Joker looked vastly different but both were great. They didn't feel the need to go so drastic with a change in the look as apparently the higher ups in the DCU felt they needed to do this time around. (Probably because the performances are closer together this time). The look sucks though and ill never say other wise. Still hoping for a great performance from Leto though.

And the line that he gives in the trailer is sooooooo bad to me. Not his fault just bad writing.

I'm still looking forward to this movie but they are definitely banking on Leto having a Ledger esque performance otherwise I could see the look, which I think is beyond horrible, and some not up to par writing sinking this movie.

People will not be able to move past a sub par Joker when it comes to Suicide Squad no matter how great the rest of the movie is. Like I said though hoping Leto kills it with his performance
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#766 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Random question. Has anyone seen snow piercer? I watched it and it was so bad and ridiculous yet I couldn't turn it off. Was like watching a train wreck. Was this on purpose? Was it a clever parody of itself or were they trying to make a serious movie?
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Re: 

Post#767 » by glenn » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:30 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Random question. Has anyone seen snow piercer? I watched it and it was so bad and ridiculous yet I couldn't turn it off. Was like watching a train wreck. Was this on purpose? Was it a clever parody of itself or were they trying to make a serious movie?

Spoiler:
I liked some of the bat **** crazy stuff, but was underwhelmed over all. My favorite part was probably the bizarre school car.

When I saw it in the theater I bust out laughing at the “I know that babies taste best" line. Thinking back on it, it’s pretty strange that he’s so grossed out about eating protein bars made from insects when he was willing to eat humans like it wasn’t even a thing.
:reporter:
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Re: 

Post#768 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:58 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Random question. Has anyone seen snow piercer? I watched it and it was so bad and ridiculous yet I couldn't turn it off. Was like watching a train wreck. Was this on purpose? Was it a clever parody of itself or were they trying to make a serious movie?

Snowpiercer is awesome. Tilda Swinson's character... Dudes with frozen off arms... No way it was trying to be serious. It was a dark sci fi Noah's Ark. I love how original it was. I can't understand how some dudes get excited about the 5th Batman movie of the decade, and can't get in to something simalairly campy and cartoony yet totally fresh and actually creative.

To each their own I guess.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,331

Post#769 » by crkone » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:00 am

I enjoyed it just because of how different it was.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#770 » by BUCKnation » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:12 am

crkone wrote:I enjoyed it just because of how different it was.

Same, thought it was very unique, plus I love Chris Evans.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#771 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:43 am

Just had a dumb argument about the batman vs superman with a friend who is not into the comic book thing. He couldn't understand why batman would want to fight superman, and said the movie looks dumb and won't see it because the story makes no sense. How do you argue to that logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,954

Post#772 » by BUCKnation » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:09 am

I didn't even know they fought until checked into the original comics. In the new movie, Batman looks like painted black version of Iron Man.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,281

Re: Re: 

Post#773 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:36 am

I saw it in the movie theaters and absolutely hated it. I hadn't seen any previews 's had no idea what it was about.

Found it horrible. Maybe wouldn't have minded if I hadn't paid to dollar for it. Actually probably still would have minded.

One of those at the mall let's go kill time and check out a new movie mistakes. Terrible just terrible.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Re: 

Post#774 » by step3profit » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:44 am

I disliked this movie a lot. I feel like there's some conspiracy where everyone in the world decided to pretend to like this movie, just to **** with me. It just feels too self important and serious to be the comedy it really is supposed to be. Now, you put 1980s Kurt Russell in this movie, then you got yourself a stew going.

95% on rotten tomatoes. Unbelievable.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#775 » by FrieAaron » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:37 am

The school car scene, as well as Tilda Swinton, are fantastic, but I thought the movie really started to drag once he gets to Wilford. For a movie that was so darkly fun and energetic it really just kind of lies there those last 30 minutes.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#776 » by KidA24 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:10 am

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:Just had a dumb argument about the batman vs superman with a friend who is not into the comic book thing. He couldn't understand why batman would want to fight superman, and said the movie looks dumb and won't see it because the story makes no sense. How do you argue to that logic.

I have no idea about anything, but my logic is this: "Hi, I can fly, have lazer beam eyes and am the strongest thing on this planet. You have a black costume and a belt with stuff on it. Lazers to your face. You're dead."

Apparently, Superman is dumb.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#777 » by Newz » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:12 pm

KidA24 wrote:
Bucks_MacGyver wrote:Just had a dumb argument about the batman vs superman with a friend who is not into the comic book thing. He couldn't understand why batman would want to fight superman, and said the movie looks dumb and won't see it because the story makes no sense. How do you argue to that logic.

I have no idea about anything, but my logic is this: "Hi, I can fly, have lazer beam eyes and am the strongest thing on this planet. You have a black costume and a belt with stuff on it. Lazers to your face. You're dead."

Apparently, Superman is dumb.

Superman is probably my least favorite character in just about anything ever. I just don't get how you can possibly make a good movie or even comic with him in it. The dude just legit cannot be stopped... they even made a movie where he lifts an entire continent of the one thing that is supposed to be able to stop him over his head, then he throws it into space.

I guess I don't see how Batman (or any other superhero/villain) stops that. I know a lot of my comic friends say that apparently the Hulk could give Superman a run for his money... but even if they encountered one another I assume Superman would just fly into space and go super fast to reverse time, because he can do that too...

That being said it looks like that movie might be decent though. I'm far more excited for Suicide Squad. I hope they keep Superman out of that all together, though I did hear his name get dropped in the trailer.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#778 » by Nowak008 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:25 pm

Newz wrote:
Superman is probably my least favorite character in just about anything ever.

Agreed. Hella lame.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#779 » by Licensed to Il » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:22 pm

FrieAaron wrote:The school car scene, as well as Tilda Swinton, are fantastic, but I thought the movie really started to drag once he gets to Wilford. For a movie that was so darkly fun and energetic it really just kind of lies there those last 30 minutes.

I really liked the movie. But can't disagree with anything here.

The whole movie is filled with a growing energy and sense of curiosity as they advance, car by car. But once you get past the suprise of who Wilford is (is it really even that big a cameo?) then the movie ends pretty underwhelmingly in relation to the middle 2/3rds
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#780 » by Nebula1 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:01 pm

I just cannot stomach another superhero movie, even Batman. I thought Ultron was terrible and said no more.

Have y'all seen the trailer to Joy? This one looks pretty good.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks