ImageImage

The Larry Sanders conundrum (ESPN story pg 174)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,051

The Larry Sanders conundrum (ESPN story pg 174) 

Post#1 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 5:51 am

We'll need a thread on this and it will get interesting once more people hit the board tomorrow morning.

I didn't want these two posts from the GT get lost. Nice shot and a chaser by both posters.

trwi7 wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:If you listen closely to the winter winds you can hear Gery's cackling laughter and the soft echo of repeated "I told you so's".

I just hope the ownership group from Chicago takes swift and decisive action.

The fact Larry had serious issues was not a secret. Woelfel never had the stones to actually report on Larry with specifics. Frankly no one has, other than vague references to him not being a good person to be around much of the time. But most around the team and the league don't care for him, and he reportedly has been extremely difficult to trade, but what that means no one has defined for me.

If Cleveland is backed into a corner enough to do a Sanders trade, I'd happily take Dion Waiters and call it a day.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Re: The Larry Sanders connundrum Mach 2.0 

Post#2 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Jan 3, 2015 5:55 am

Trade him for cash. He may be an asset in the long run but when you have Giannis and Jabari there's no reason to waste time on Larry.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,021

Post#3 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 3, 2015 5:57 am

Waiters is a negative. Moving one negative for another solves nothing. At this point if you can't get a 2nd rounder just cut him or tell him to stay home until he gets his **** together.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#4 » by Treebeard » Sat Jan 3, 2015 5:59 am

paulpressey25 wrote:If Cleveland is backed into a corner enough to do a Sanders trade, I'd happily take Dion Waiters and call it a day.

At this point, I will officially tuck my tail and say go ahead. I really had high hopes that Larry would get his program together, because he was truly a dynamic defender two years ago. Even if some of the stuff floating around is smoke and mirrors, it's just hard to see him playing in Milwaukee after this.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#5 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:02 am

Will be interesting to see what happens. Kidd sent Blatche away last season and he came back a few weeks later and stayed in the rotation the rest of the season.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#6 » by Treebeard » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:04 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Will be interesting to see what happens. Kidd sent Blatche away last season and he came back a few weeks later and stayed in the rotation the rest of the season.

A few weeks will be pushing the trade deadline. Fish or cut bait?
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#7 » by TroyD92 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:04 am

Maybe Larry to CHA for Vonleh and salary filler?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#8 » by bigkurty » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:04 am

He patted me on the back at summer league and flashed that big smile of his. It was really endearing. It will be sad to me if it all flames out like this after the promise he showed two years ago and the moments he flashed of being a decent guy. I imagine a lot of people will theorize what's happening and I get that. I just think people should be cautious and wait for some more info before getting too crazy with their theories.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#9 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:05 am

Obviously don't know the specifics of the latest absence, but I've stopped trusting Larry's mind a long time ago. I don't think he has the mental faculties for sustained NBA success.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,051

Post#10 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:06 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Waiters is a negative. Moving one negative for another solves nothing. At this point if you can't get a 2nd rounder just cut him or tell him to stay home until he gets his **** together.

You dump the salary.

Then you give Waiters a year to see if Kidd can reach him. If not you've still saved $25 million.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#11 » by TroyD92 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:09 am

Marvin Williams and Vonleh for Sanders works in the trade checker.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#12 » by eagle13 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:10 am

Trade sanders to the Brooklyn Russian guy. Heck maybe since the guy is Russian, bucks could also unload ersan's two years.

Sanders and Ersan for Lopez and Teletovec. Lopez has only 1 year remaining and is the same age -26 - as sanders. Under any other circumstances I would pass on Lopez but if we're putting sanders on fire sale - this might be the best we can do. Maybe flip lopez to a playoff contender.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#13 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:11 am

bigkurty wrote:He patted me on the back at summer league and flashed that big smile of his. It was really endearing. It will be sad to me if it all flames out like this after the promise he showed two years ago and the moments he flashed of being a decent guy. I imagine a lot of people will theorize what's happening and I get that. I just think people should be cautious and wait for some more info before getting too crazy with their theories.

Honestly I don't think Larry is a bad guy and I've known people like him. He's probably the number 1 guy you choose if you are in a bad situation. That said, he's not worth the hassle unless you have friend/family connection. He is going to cause too many problems because he just reacts.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#14 » by tski1972 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:13 am

eagle13 wrote:Trade sanders to the Brooklyn Russian guy. Heck maybe since the guy is Russian, bucks could also unload ersan's two years.

Sanders and Ersan for Lopez and Teletovec. Lopez has only 1 year remaining and is the same age -26 - as sanders. Under any other circumstances I would pass on Lopez but if we're putting sanders on fire sale - this might be the best we can do. Maybe flip lopez to a playoff contender.

we.can.not.trade.with.the.nets.this.season.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:17 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Waiters is a negative. Moving one negative for another solves nothing. At this point if you can't get a 2nd rounder just cut him or tell him to stay home until he gets his **** together.

You dump the salary.

Then you give Waiters a year to see if Kidd can reach him. If not you've still saved $25 million.

Salaries don't match up, and neither the TPE or the DPE can be combined with Waiters to make the deal work.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#16 » by DickCunningham » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:20 am

It's impossible to say what to do with him until we know what's going on. If it's bad enough, it's possible that he can't be moved. If it's small, it may not be a big deal. Obviously, it's not just the flu anymore.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#17 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:21 am

Does Larry even have any value at this point? Is be happy for an expiring for him
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:22 am

It's bad enough that there's some kind of issue keeping him from playing. But the real problem is he wasn't that good when he was on the court. You can have issues and teams will still keep you around if you're producing. But Larry wasn't.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#19 » by raferfenix » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:24 am

Larry regressing hasn't helped the sense of doom for Bucke fans since Parker's injury...

Going .500 and backing our way into the playoffs won't help either.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#20 » by old skool » Sat Jan 3, 2015 6:31 am

I don't think that any team in the NBA is interested in a player that does not want to play basketball - which is rumored to be the case.

Who would want a moderately high priced foul-prone player who can't stay on the floor for a long list of reasons? I don't see any team that would find Larry Sanders to be a good solution to their problems.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks