eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Re: Bucks sign PG Jorge Gutierrez to SECOND 10-day contract 

Post#61 » by eagle13 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:55 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
nah... hes still got some input. I appreciate your speculation on the topic tho.

GOS, you're speculating just as much as me. But I'm willing to bet he has the least amount of say of all the GMs in the league. For better or for worse, Kidd is running this thing.

sure im speculating. but im using common sense and what ive heard publicaly and privately to make that speculation. im suggesting he still has some input. the Dudley move was his... the draft will be. bayless wasn't... the 10 day contracts have kidds stink on them obviously. i know he still has say... hes well liked in the organization and around the league. to say he doesn't have input is just silly. why would you even think that?

to me its obvious that i don't think ANYBODY has final say in the organization and that includes any of the owners quite frankly. the whole thing is a communal deal right now to speculate one guy is out is just dumb. anybody that says that without actually being in the organization id want to know if they can communicate with the dead and tell the future too. i think the whole thing is guys sitting in rooms shooting the sht until they reach a general consensus. that appears obvious to me.

in an interview, Edens basical said this is how he and Lasry operate. However i'll speculate if your anyone other than the big 3 - if want to remain in the room as part of the group consensus - your personal consensus better align with kidds
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Re: Bucks sign PG Jorge Gutierrez to 10-day contract 

Post#62 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:19 pm

eagle13 wrote:in an interview, Edens basical said this is how he and Lasry operate. However i'll speculate if your anyone other than the big 3 - if want to remain in the room as part of the group consensus - your personal consensus better align with kidds

I think kidd puts in ALOT of input..... but id wager that input is going primarily to Hammond/morway and not the owners. my sense if I had to bet my cash is also that Hammond is an easy sell right now with anything coming from the the new prince coach with the success hes having. I think he wants to vest in kidd and not rock the boat with a lot of disagreement between the 2 on these little in season moves that are going on.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,943

Post#63 » by Perishable517 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:31 pm

This is okay, the way it's done. The coach and GM need to work in concert. I think first, and foremost, the front office wants success. The product on the court is working because of teamwork. Same goes with the front office. Success will be because of teamwork.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
bucksbrewers3
Starter
And1: 292

Post#64 » by bucksbrewers3 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:07 pm

I wanted to see how he would do in his first game and I loved the on ball defense he played in the 6 min he was in. He reminded me of Kevin Ollie, big pg that can d and hit a mid range shot.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,121

Post#65 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:17 pm

bucksbrewers3 wrote:I wanted to see how he would do in his first game and I loved the on ball defense he played in the 6 min he was in. He reminded me of Kevin Ollie, big pg that can d and hit a mid range shot.

As far as 2nd round picks and undrafted guys go, its all the coach's personal preference. Kidd probably had no issues waiving Wolters because there was one, two, or five "Jorge Gutierrez's" sitting in the D-League if anything were to happen to Kendall Marshall. Nate can probably do some things Gutierrez can't, and vice versa. Guessing Kidd would rather have the guy that can occasionally hit the open jumper. As I said at the time of the waiving, nobody is going to miss, think, or bit*h about not having Nate Wolters in a few weeks. Guys like him (or Jorge Gutierrez) are a dime a dozen.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#66 » by H2tObes » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:22 pm

I actually really enjoyed watching him play, definitely a tenacious defender, plays within the offense. Wouldn't mind keeping him around for a bit
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Post#67 » by M-C-G » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:33 pm

H2tObes wrote:I actually really enjoyed watching him play, definitely a tenacious defender, plays within the offense. Wouldn't mind keeping him around for a bit

Yep...Kidd definitely likes to have his "show you the way to play guys" around. You don't feel like playing D, this guy and 100 more like him are dying for the opportunity to take your minutes.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,260

Post#68 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:02 am

ampd wrote:
stellation wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:It doesn't. But Kidd's phone does.

I honestly doubt Hammond has any say in the decisions anymore.

Yep. Dropping a Hammond pick to sign a Kidd buddy, then of all the guys in the D-League just happening to pick up a guy Kidd loved. Lucky with Kohl gone that John doesn't have an overlord making all the decisions for him!

:lol:

I doubt they are just keeping Hammond around as cover for Kidd. He must be providing something.

I'm also glad we finally seem to be considering whether the coach actually wants the guys we are picking up, and whether they fit into his system. That was a big problem with Hammond / Skiles, where Hammond and the cronies were picking up guys Skiles had no intention of putting on the court, and giving up assets both to get them and to get rid of them.

Hammond is there to make the big decisions, like decide who to draft in the first round next year or try acquire a 1st round pick for Ersan Ilyasova. Kidd can decide whether guys he worked with in the past are worth 10-day contracts.
Read on Twitter
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#69 » by Prince12 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:05 am

Gutierrez isn't going to be a negative signing, like I've said im not overly sure what he has that Naters didn't but he'll play some decent minutes.
I'd rather see a high upside guy get the 10 dayer then guys like Jorge but it's a safe move.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,025

Post#70 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Feb 8, 2015 1:11 am

Jorge is back! Not that he ever left.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/564223259978108930[/tweet]
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,715

Post#71 » by AussieBuck » Sun Feb 8, 2015 1:28 am

Cool, I like Mexican Nate but I don't want him as anything more than third string long term unless he starts hitting a three ball.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#72 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Feb 8, 2015 5:11 am

Jorge is the best third string point guard we've had this season.
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#73 » by MadBlueEdwards » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:51 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/status/568420285734645760[/tweet]
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#74 » by Treebeard » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:07 pm

MadBlueEdwards wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/status/568420285734645760[/tweet]

Not just Sanders, but Ersan too... If Ersan goes out and no Forward comes back, then JOB stays. I'd bet the Bucks were to acquire another Big, then JOB goes, and Jorge might return. Gutierrez was a more useful performer from what I saw.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#75 » by drew881 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Hopefully no one else picks him up. I like him going forward for the rest of the season in the current role.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,002

Post#76 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Apr 7, 2015 8:52 pm

Sounds like he could be on his way back.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,457

Post#77 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Apr 7, 2015 8:54 pm

Did he grow to 7 feet and learn how to rebound? If so, we're making noise in the playoffs.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#78 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Apr 7, 2015 8:58 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Sounds like he could be on his way back.

Where are these sounds coming from?
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,666

Post#79 » by machu46 » Tue Apr 7, 2015 8:58 pm

Interesting. I didn't hate him during his time here, but certainly not a good sign for Ennis.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,666

Post#80 » by machu46 » Tue Apr 7, 2015 8:59 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Sounds like he could be on his way back.

Where are these sounds coming from?

Various twitter sources, including Paul Henning, saying we've signed him.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks