ImageImage

khris Middleton available?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Re: khris Middleton available? 

Post#321 » by Dcebucks11 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:24 pm

sweetcity wrote:What do you do thought when MCW, Giannis, and Jabari need to be re upped?

giannis jabari extension wont kick in for a few years. Mcw I think in 2-3 years if he even proves himself.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#322 » by TroyD92 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:26 pm

sweetcity wrote:What do you do thought when MCW, Giannis, and Jabari need to be re upped?

If they deserve it they get it. I think Giannis and Jabari get resigned no matter what.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#323 » by sweetcity » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:26 pm

For the record, I absolutely love your team, 2nd favorite team to watch in the league bc of Giannis. Hopefully Ennis is a great pickup for you to!
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,432

Post#324 » by Morse Code » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:29 pm

MCW/Middleton/Giannis/Parker/?

Crazy potential. The length alone is ridiculous. I wasn't a huge Knight fan, and not really a big MCW fan, but man does that core have potential. As many have stated, I would imagine that the Raps would have to significantly overpay Middleton to steal him away from the Bucks, and even then it would have to be a number that's not worth paying, imo.

What's your guys' plan for the C position? Are you content with MCW running the show at PG? I guess time will tell whether MCW is the right fit, but is there anyone in particular you've been rumored to be after?
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,432

Post#325 » by Morse Code » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Oh **** I forgot about Ennis too. Damn. Jealous of your team.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#326 » by Prince12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:31 pm

sweetcity wrote:What do you do though when MCW, Giannis, and Jabari need to be re upped?

After this season MCW and Giannis both have another two years on there rookie deal and jabari 3. By which time we expect the cap will expand to around the 90+ mill mark and we should have no problems fitting them in or Jabari and Giannis at least.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Prince12
RealGM

Post#327 » by Prince12 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:34 pm

Morse Code wrote:MCW/Middleton/Giannis/Parker/?

Crazy potential. The length alone is ridiculous. I wasn't a huge Knight fan, and not really a big MCW fan, but man does that core have potential. As many have stated, I would imagine that the Raps would have to significantly overpay Middleton to steal him away from the Bucks, and even then it would have to be a number that's not worth paying, imo.

What's your guys' plan for the C position? Are you content with MCW running the show at PG? I guess time will tell whether MCW is the right fit, but is there anyone in particular you've been rumored to be after?

To early to tell with MCW but I'm very open to seeing what Kidd can do with him on a better team. C is the real last piece we need. I'd love to find a way to trade up in the draft to try get a WCS or Kaminsky but I'm not sure how they are going to attack it.

sweetcity
Assistant Coach

Post#328 » by sweetcity » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:01 am

Not to highjack the thread... but do you guys worry about spacing with that current lineup of MCW, Middleton, Jabari, and Giannis? 3 out of 4 aren't really 3 pt shooters
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#329 » by TroyD92 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:04 am

sweetcity wrote:Not to highjack the thread... but do you guys worry about spacing with that current lineup of MCW, Middleton, Jabari, and Giannis? 3 out of 4 aren't really 3 pt shooters

Big issue. Giannis shot is developing quickly though. I think Jabari's shot is consistent enough out to 18 feet. I'd imagine they're banking on a sizable improvement from Giannis, and we have a shot witch doctor on the staff. Maybe he can fix MCW shot.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
sweetcity
Assistant Coach

Post#330 » by sweetcity » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:21 am

TroyD92 wrote:
sweetcity wrote:Not to highjack the thread... but do you guys worry about spacing with that current lineup of MCW, Middleton, Jabari, and Giannis? 3 out of 4 aren't really 3 pt shooters

Big issue. Giannis shot is developing quickly though. I think Jabari's shot is consistent enough out to 18 feet. I'd imagine they're banking on a sizable improvement from Giannis, and we have a shot witch doctor on the staff. Maybe he can fix MCW shot.

I see Giannis as a 4 all said and done, Middleton to me is a 3.... or at least would be on 90% of the teams in the league. You guys could actually use a 2 like Terrence Ross that could shoot the 3
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,704

Post#331 » by AussieBuck » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:24 am

Middleton has been huge smothering SGs and switching 1-4. He's a core guy. MCW has been bought in to compliment Giannis and Middleton on the defensive end. Middleton isn't going anywhere.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Dcebucks11
Banned User

Post#332 » by Dcebucks11 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:28 am

sweetcity wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

I see Giannis as a 4 all said and done, Middleton to me is a 3.... or at least would be on 90% of the teams in the league. You guys could actually use a 2 like Terrence Ross that could shoot the 3

Middleton is best at the 2.. He can get his shot over 2s easier and use his length on defense to his advantage against smaller 2s.
Dcebucks11
Banned User

Post#333 » by Dcebucks11 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:30 am

yup that's an issue, Giannis is improving day by day his mid range jumper, Jabari should be a decent shooter too. MCW should barely shoot at all.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#334 » by AussieBuck » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:32 am

He's putting up 17/6/3 at 60TS% for February in 34 minutes. If he keeps getting big minutes he's going to get a $15 million deal. :(
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Prince12
RealGM

Post#335 » by Prince12 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:45 am

AussieBuck wrote:He's putting up 17/6/3 at 60TS% for February in 34 minutes. If he keeps getting big minutes he's going to get a $15 million deal. :(

Yeah I'm kinda suprised a lot of people are willing to let him go if it's going to cost 12. Personally I take that and run. You assume his production will go down as Giannis grows and Jabari returns but I think he will always be an efficient 3rd option on offense not to mention the D.

AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#336 » by AussieBuck » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:50 am

Prince12 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:He's putting up 17/6/3 at 60TS% for February in 34 minutes. If he keeps getting big minutes he's going to get a $15 million deal. :(

Yeah I'm kinda suprised a lot of people are willing to let him go if it's going to cost 12. Personally I take that and run. You assume his production will go down as Giannis grows and Jabari returns but I think he will always be an efficient 3rd option on offense not to mention the D.

Turns out he's a **** monster in all the +/- variants not just the ESPN thingy. Probably too late to try to hide him. Match anything and move on I guess.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#337 » by RayRayJones » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:53 am

I think the same hypotheticals we had about BKnight getting that one team to offer him 4/56 can be said about Middleton too, if not even more so. He's having a great year and has done nothing to suggest there isn't more potential to be unlocked.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#338 » by AussieBuck » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:55 am

RayRayJones wrote:

I think the same hypotheticals we had about BKnight getting that one team to offer him 4/56 can be said about Middleton too, if not even more so. He's having a great year and has done nothing to suggest there isn't more potential to be unlocked.

The bonus with Middleton is that he's worth it. Would have been awesome if we were able to lock him up early for $8 million or so a year. Stupid rules.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#339 » by Newz » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:05 am

I do think Middleton has a chance to be a player worth $10+ million on a year-in-year-out basis. He can shoot, he is beginning to create his own shot more often and his length allows him to be a good defender.

But man... that is scary to give a guy like that $12+ million or a max deal. That could end up being a massive mistake (or pure brilliance if he's Michael Redd who is a really good defender).
sweetcity
Assistant Coach

Post#340 » by sweetcity » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:27 am

Its tough to say, but the cat is out of the bag on Middleton thats for sure, lots of other fan bases are watching him!!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks