ImageImage

1250 WSSP - Bucks Talk

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Miasma
Rookie
And1: 1,422

Re: 1250 WSSP - Bucks Talk 

Post#201 » by Miasma » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:19 pm

I really need to avoid tuning into this on the drive home. It's unlistenable.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#202 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:31 am

I tuned in immediately after the trade broke. Gary and Ramie's reactions were embarrassing for them. First they were all, "what the hell are the Bucks doing." When ramie went over the names in the trade Gery emphatically said "WHO!!?" after Ramie said MCW. How on earth are you a sports talk show host and not know that he won Rookie of the Year. Asked where he went to school. Ramie was all, "gimme a second, I'm looking it up." Called MCW a rookie. Started talking about how Knight was far and away our best player. Then started using draft positions amongst MCW (11 overall) and Knight (8 overall) as a means to criticize the trade. It was so sad.

After the break I'm sure they looked at Twitter and saw everyone lauding the Bucks for the trade and they did a 180 and talked about what a great fit it was for MCW. As I said, i was embarrassed for them.
Do it for Chuck
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#203 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:47 am

jakecronus8 wrote:I tuned in immediately after the trade broke. Gary and Ramie's reactions were embarrassing for them. First they were all, "what the hell are the Bucks doing." When ramie went over the names in the trade Gery emphatically said "WHO!!?" after Ramie said MCW. How on earth are you a sports talk show host and not know that he won Rookie of the Year. Asked where he went to school. Ramie was all, "gimme a second, I'm looking it up." Called MCW a rookie. Started talking about how Knight was far and away our best player. Then started using draft positions amongst MCW (11 overall) and Knight (8 overall) as a means to criticize the trade. It was so sad.

After the break I'm sure they looked at Twitter and saw everyone lauding the Bucks for the trade and they did a 180 and talked about what a great fit it was for MCW. As I said, i was embarrassed for them.

I got on at the end of the Big Show.

Lauded the trade and the guts of owners to pull the trigger on a fan favorite and near all star.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#204 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:20 am

I like the Big Show guys. For all the crap we give them on their depth of Bucks knowledge (and they deserve it) they went WALL TO WALL Bucks today. I checked out WAUK and Big920 at various points and after initially talking the trade, both stations comfortably settled back into talking at length about Tramon Williams and Jonathan Lucroy. So I kept my dial on WSSP (or 105.7 the Fan). They cater to my desire to have Bucks talk.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#205 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:21 am

I tried to listen but Gary was just a joke, knows nothing about the nba and just needs to stop .....sometimes I think he pretends to act stupid just to get laughs.
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Post#206 » by Tfence92 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:13 am

What a day for sparky to be in New York!

At least they called him (and he gave solid insight).
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#207 » by Badgerlander » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:12 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I like the Big Show guys. For all the crap we give them on their depth of Bucks knowledge (and they deserve it) they went WALL TO WALL Bucks today. I checked out WAUK and Big920 at various points and after initially talking the trade, both stations comfortably settled back into talking at length about Tramon Williams and Jonathan Lucroy. So I kept my dial on WSSP (or 105.7 the Fan). They cater to my desire to have Bucks talk.

Yep and props for having Keith Pompey beat writer for the Sixers on to talk about MCW. Wickett continuing this morning as well and thankfully Chuck is off, lol.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#208 » by mlloyd10 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:15 pm

Wickett is better when chuck isn't there
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#209 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:27 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Wickett is better when chuck isn't there

Chuck brings wickett to his level. Chuck is stupid in a sad way, wickett is good but has to sink to the level of that station sometimes and our makes him look worse than he is
Outlander
Junior
And1: 68

Post#210 » by Outlander » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:38 pm

Badgerlander wrote:Yep and props for having Keith Pompey beat writer for the Sixers on to talk about MCW. Wickett continuing this morning as well and thankfully Chuck is off, lol.

I agree, I enjoyed that interview a lot, provided some nice information on MCW. Also give credit to Gary for extending the interview as it was about to end and Gary was able to get more information out of him. Their knowledge is lacking on the Bucks but it was nice they gave the majority of the show to them. It was bad planning on Sparky's part to start his vacation at the trade deadline since he is the only one that follows the Bucks on a regular basis.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#211 » by Badgerlander » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:47 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Wickett is better when chuck isn't there

I don't know about that. Wickett still drifts off in to music DJ land and nerdy social life land constantly. I really don't like a single one of their show hosts but at least they are talking some Bucks and hopefully watching some games to educate themselves on how this mysterious game of basketball is played.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#212 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Wickett thought Knight went to the Sixers this morning.

Come on dude. This is why I don't listen to you.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#213 » by crkone » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:13 pm

You don't make much money in sports talk radio and a lot of these people don't have high aspirations, or pride, for their careers. It is very evident by just the lack of general sports knowledge they have for their area of coverage. We all would be very embarrassed to go on the air and state we didn't know the reigning ROY of the NBA was just traded to the Bucks.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,585

Post#214 » by Matches Malone » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Jesus...

Wickett is interviewing a guy from a Philadelphia outlet and continued to say Knight was going to the Sixers. The guy had to correct him. Embarrassing.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#215 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:23 pm

I pulled up the podcast where according to the title, Homer was going to talk about the Bucks trade. Homer is a really smart and insightful guy. I wanted to hear his take and interaction with callers.

Instead he wastes most of the hour joking with some intern about how Homer wants her to interview Larry Sanders or Brett Favre or get fired. Then he starts talking about the Packers going to the Super Bowl, then Gabe starts rambling.

That's why I rarely if ever listen to WAUK. They just never focus on a topic. Sounds like bad college radio.

I know the WSSP hosts don't know much basketball and we have fun with it on here, but they run a traditional tight format which I appreciate.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#216 » by Newz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:25 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I pulled up the podcast where according to the title, Homer was going to talk about the Bucks trade. Homer is a really smart and insightful guy. I wanted to hear his take and interaction with callers.

Instead he wastes most of the hour joking with some intern about how Homer wants her to interview Larry Sanders or Brett Favre or get fired. Then he starts talking about the Packers going to the Super Bowl, then Gabe starts rambling.

That's why I rarely if ever listen to WAUK. They just never focus on a topic. Sounds like bad college radio.

I know the WSSP hosts don't know much basketball and we have fun with it on here, but they run a traditional tight format which I appreciate.

Sports radio is just bad in general.
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#217 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Whatever happend to our podcast. It would be nice to show to people who only look at ppgz and think we just traded our best player
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#218 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:Whatever happend to our podcast. It would be nice to show to people who only look at ppgz and think we just traded our best player

Funny you mention it. Mtc very soon.
Do it for Chuck
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,585

Post#219 » by Matches Malone » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:14 pm

I can't stand listening to Tim Allen talk about the Bucks. The guy compares baseball to basketball way too much. He thinks you should be in it every year and that you should never be rebuilding. It's obnoxious.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,924

Post#220 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:42 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:I tuned in immediately after the trade broke. Gary and Ramie's reactions were embarrassing for them. First they were all, "what the hell are the Bucks doing." When ramie went over the names in the trade Gery emphatically said "WHO!!?" after Ramie said MCW. How on earth are you a sports talk show host and not know that he won Rookie of the Year. Asked where he went to school. Ramie was all, "gimme a second, I'm looking it up." Called MCW a rookie. Started talking about how Knight was far and away our best player. Then started using draft positions amongst MCW (11 overall) and Knight (8 overall) as a means to criticize the trade. It was so sad.

Sounds like Gery was upset to find out that his sources couldn't get him the information before it came out. After all he told us that everything was quiet on the Buck's end and he's the resident insider, always breaking the news. :wink:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks