ImageImage

Bucks will have new colors and logo next season

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

SeanE_Boy
Freshman
And1: 17

Bucks will have new colors and logo next season 

Post#2821 » by SeanE_Boy » Thu Apr 9, 2015 8:41 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I'm so past the "I hate Redd" phase of Bucks fandom.

Not his fault we gave him $96M. Not his fault we couldn't put a better team around him.

Redd is the best scorer the Bucks have had since Glenn/Ray. Still haven't filled the gap since he left in 2010.

Agreed. I don't want to make this into reflections on the career of Michael Redd. While I recognize his deficiencies, he was a great member of the community and a hell of a scorer. I've never understood blaming a player for signing a lucrative contract.

I've always thought he may have potential as a good color commentator alongside Paschke. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Re: Bucks will have new colors and logo next season 

Post#2822 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 9, 2015 10:29 pm

SeanE_Boy wrote: I've never understood blaming a player for signing a lucrative contract.

People blamed him for not becoming a star worth his lucrative contract. It happens all of the time in MKE. A guy is loved, gets a big contract, keeps playing the same as before he got the contract but doesn't play to the level of his new contract and we turn on him.

I think you see it more with the Brewers. It was amazing how quickly Bill Hall went from fan favorite to boo'd 24/7.
WimpyDeer
Sophomore
And1: 142

Post#2823 » by WimpyDeer » Thu Apr 9, 2015 11:30 pm

M-C-G wrote:
SeanE_Boy wrote: I've never understood blaming a player for signing a lucrative contract.

People blamed him for not becoming a star worth his lucrative contract. It happens all of the time in MKE. A guy is loved, gets a big contract, keeps playing the same as before he got the contract but doesn't play to the level of his new contract and we turn on him.

I think you see it more with the Brewers. It was amazing how quickly Bill Hall went from fan favorite to boo'd 24/7.

I think people were mad about him barely playing after signing the contract due to injuries.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,788

Post#2824 » by SirChurros » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:13 am

Getting mad at players for being fragile is ridiculous. It's not like he was getting hurt riding his motorcycle. The dude just had a propensity for getting hurt playing basketball. Happens to a lot of guys, but it's not Redd's fault the Bucks paid him.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,433

Post#2825 » by emunney » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:07 am

No, guys. People were mad at him because he stopped playing defense when he signed his deal and would often lose his man in transition while begging for foul calls. And he'd wait until after the buzzer to shoot heaves so he didn't mess with his percentages. And he struggled to pass out of double and triple teams. And he was often overweight.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,023

Post#2826 » by FrieAaron » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:16 am

Did he ever play defense?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#2827 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:35 am

FrieAaron wrote:Did he ever play defense?

Redd was above average on defense and rebounding his 2nd year in the league, 1st year getting minutes during the 2002 season. He was Karl's 3&D guy off the bench.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,023

Post#2828 » by FrieAaron » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:47 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:

Redd was above average on defense and rebounding his 2nd year in the league, 1st year getting minutes during the 2002 season. He was Karl's 3&D guy off the bench.

All I remember was he was a great shooter. I didn't pay much attention to the stats or anything way back when. Crazy to think how long ago that was now.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#2829 » by theFireBlanket » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:59 am

FrieAaron wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:

All I remember was he was a great shooter. I didn't pay much attention to the stats or anything way back when. Crazy to think how long ago that was now.

Al that I did during that stretch was watch games and it was clear that his defensive effort was awful; his play also seemed pretty selfish. He had his PPGz and crazy shooting nights.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#2830 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:55 am

It's funny to reflect on how much I was scared that Redd's state ties would lead him to join the Cavs. It was all the talk on national Sports radio for a year.

Any more fans of the cream? A picture is worth a thousand words, right? These would be the ugliest unis in the history of the NBA. Too be fair, I'm holding out hope for a white-based home set.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,788

Post#2831 » by SirChurros » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:20 am

Those actually all look amazing.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#2832 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:13 am

I respect the effort of those but I gotta go with DD21 here. Those are not pretty. Keep it simple.
Do it for Chuck
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,138

Post#2833 » by BMatt07 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:22 pm

The cream home jerseys look awful.

That color is way too close to a skin-tone, and will look absolutely ridiculous when players are actually wearing them. I really hope that's not the route they decide to take.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#2834 » by machu46 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:38 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:It's funny to reflect on how much I was scared that Redd's state ties would lead him to join the Cavs. It was all the talk on national Sports radio for a year.

Spoiler:

Any more fans of the cream? A picture is worth a thousand words, right? These would be the ugliest unis in the history of the NBA. Too be fair, I'm holding out hope for a white-based home set.

I'd have to see how these looks on someone before I can really judge, but the white ones look great to me.

My gut feeling is that they want to incorporate a brick pattern into the jersey somehow, just based off how prevalent it was in the teaser.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#2835 » by worthlessBucks » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:46 pm

I like every one of those mocks. Cream, yum.
Go Bucks!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Re: 

Post#2836 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:51 pm

emunney wrote:No, guys. People were mad at him because he stopped playing defense when he signed his deal and would often lose his man in transition while begging for foul calls. And he'd wait until after the buzzer to shoot heaves so he didn't mess with his percentages. And he struggled to pass out of double and triple teams. And he was often overweight.

Put the injuries aside, I personally would rather have Brandon Knight than what Redd turned into after he got his big deal.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,972

Post#2837 » by Badgerlander » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:03 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:Any more fans of the cream? A picture is worth a thousand words, right? These would be the ugliest unis in the history of the NBA. Too be fair, I'm holding out hope for a white-based home set.

Frank Madden ‏@brewhoop · Apr 3
@conradburry And were they going cream in place of white on the home jerseys? That part would make me nervous...

Conrad Burry ‏@conradburry · Apr 3
@brewhoop he didn't allude to anything of that notion. i'd imagine the NBA might not allow a team to not have a white uni in the set.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Swan Vox
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,917

Post#2838 » by Swan Vox » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:12 pm

machu46 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:It's funny to reflect on how much I was scared that Redd's state ties would lead him to join the Cavs. It was all the talk on national Sports radio for a year.

Spoiler:

I'd have to see how these looks on someone before I can really judge, but the white ones look great to me.

My gut feeling is that they want to incorporate a brick pattern into the jersey somehow, just based off how prevalent it was in the teaser.

Anyone else just a little nervous about associating "bricks" into a basketball teams jersey? There's no way that would end well.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#2839 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:15 pm

I don't want to make this a Redd debate. I don't blame about the injuries and contract. I blame him for being a terrible leader and not making players around him better. People don't talk about how the bucks won 46 games without him, when he went down
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#2840 » by bizarro » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Swan Vox wrote:
machu46 wrote:

Spoiler:

Anyone else just a little nervous about associating "bricks" into a basketball teams jersey? There's no way that would end well.

Well, we're making all the right deals to put the players in the uniforms that will do the bricks justice.

My real fear is the bricks signify a secret plot to trade Kash for some combination of Trey Burke and draft picks.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks