ImageImage

What would you look to do in the offseason (BUCKS)?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,348

What would you look to do in the offseason (BUCKS)? 

Post#3961 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri Jul 3, 2015 5:42 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:Still weird to see the collective fans of the NBA already rate the bucks from 3-6 in the east for next season on the general board.

That is including a lot of ignorance to where this team is at and what they are capable of. It's going to be a fun season.

Calling it now- first round win with a ceiling of a conference finals appearance.
TJseven
Rookie
And1: 221

Re: What would you look to do in the offseason (BUCKS)? 

Post#3962 » by TJseven » Fri Jul 3, 2015 8:05 pm

Terrance Jones is a name I keep hearing pop up as available and he sounds pretty perfect to me. Question is... would it have to include our future 1 or can we get him for a combination of pieces?
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#3963 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:47 am

Zaza/mayo for lee?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#3964 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jul 4, 2015 5:50 am

mlloyd10 wrote:Zaza/mayo for lee?

Maybe if we got a first or Looney or something.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#3965 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Jul 4, 2015 6:22 am

Darrell Arthur could be a decent buy low candidate at backup power forward. Good midrange shooter/defender.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Mink Coat Mason
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#3966 » by Mink Coat Mason » Sat Jul 4, 2015 6:28 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/617182006770814976[/tweet]

Henson for Crawford and a first?
TJseven
Rookie

Post#3967 » by TJseven » Sat Jul 4, 2015 9:56 am

Henson for Crawford and a 1st
That 1st and Jorge for Terrence Jones
Then flip Mayo and Ennis for a solid wing. Still want Casspi.

MCW Vaz Bayless
Middleton Crawford Vaughn
Giannis Casspi Inglis
PArker Jones JOB
Monroe Zaza Plum
TJseven
Rookie

Post#3968 » by TJseven » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:29 pm

2 years... 6mil for Casspi. That's a steal. Ennis and JOB for Casspi in a heart beat at that price.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#3969 » by engelmartin » Tue Jul 7, 2015 2:44 am

Marreese Speights is still available?
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#3970 » by Treebeard » Tue Jul 7, 2015 4:53 pm

CBS Sports sumer take on the state of the Bucks
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25234402/from-tank-to-bank-the-milwaukee-bucks-are-on-the-rise

From 'tank' to bank, the Milwaukee Bucks are on the rise

By Matt Moore | NBA writer

July 6, 2015 2:25 pm ET

It's not often that things turn in so many positive ways for an NBA market like they have for the Milwaukee Bucks over the past two years.

Before Adam Silver took over as commissioner two years ago, Silver met with Milwaukee business leaders and sent a pretty clear message: This team needs a new arena or the league is going to get involved in finding it one in Milwaukee, or elsewhere if necessary. He stressed the importance of keeping the team in town, but the situation was the same. With a fanbase that trailed drastically behind the state's interest in football and baseball, with an ancient arena and an owner on his way out after a great run, the future of the franchise was unstable. They had no stars entering that season and had been mired in mediocrity in the East for what felt like decades.

That same season, 2013-2014, the Milwaukee Bucks were the worst team in the league, worse even than the Philadelphia 76ers, who had embarked on a bold plan to purposefully be worse than every other team. The Bucks had managed to out-tank the Sixers without trying. The situation looked dire.

Flash forward two years.

The Wisconsin state legislature meets Monday on a hearing regarding a new $500 million arena that has half the cost subsidized by current and former ownership members. The arena proposal is widely expected to be approved, though it may take some time as Wisconsinites aren't exactly clamoring to replace the Bradley Center with their tax dollars. Still, there's every expectation the arena deal will get done. There could be a vote to approve as early as this week.

New owners Wesley Edens and Marc Lasry have shown a willingness to be bold and aggressive. They brought over Jason Kidd in a controversial move that has given Kidd at least some personnel influence (if not all, as was reported and refuted by ownership week). They are spearheading a new branding campaign that has brought new uniforms and new logos, which have been widely lauded. The team is becoming more modern, it's becoming more interesting from a branding standpoint, it's becoming cool.

The Bucks drafted Jabari Parker after that disastrous season, and before his ACL injury robbed him of most of the year, he looked in strong position to push Andrew Wiggins for rookie of the year. His rehab has gone as planned and he's expected back for camp next year, though he will miss Summer League play. He looks like a franchise cornerstone, if healthy. Giannis Antetokounmpo has emerged as a do-it-all transcendent talent, in that he's able to make an impact in nearly every category. Passing, dunking, driving, shooting (which is still very much a work in progress), blocking shots, positional defense, post-ups, spot-up, rebounding, everything. His physical gifts combine with a developing skillset and a mean-streak attitude hidden beneath his sweet public demeanor, which makes him scary.

Kidd got the absolute most out of the roster last year, combining smart veteran play with the youngsters' athleticism to create a dangerous defensive team that soared to the sixth seed. Khris Middleton emerged as a threat to go off offensively every single night. John Henson finally made strides. The Bucks brought the most out of Brandon Knight, then realizing that they didn't want to commit big money to him yet, traded him and acquired Michael Carter-Williams, who showed more positive signs under Kidd than many noticed. There's real potential there.

Then of course, there's last week. The Bucks not only shelled out for a 5-year, $70 million deal for Middleton, but stunned every fan, pundit and analyst (especially this one) by signing Greg Monroe to a max contract.

One of the 10 best free agents who were likely to change teams, and the Bucks signed him. Not the Lakers or Knicks, both of which offered max contracts, but the Milwaukee Bucks.

The times, they are a changing.
(more to the article)
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#3971 » by bdpecore » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:07 pm

engelmartin wrote:Marreese Speights is still available?

Golden State picked up his option. Besides we need a stretch 4 or another wing shooter, not another center with limited mobility.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#3972 » by M-C-G » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:25 pm

bdpecore wrote:

Golden State picked up his option. Besides we need a stretch 4 or another wing shooter, not another center with limited mobility.

Frankly, Dekker would look pretty good on this roster...I wonder what Houston would want for him.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#3973 » by Bernman » Tue Jul 7, 2015 5:45 pm

M-C-G wrote:
bdpecore wrote:

Frankly, Dekker would look pretty good on this roster...I wonder what Houston would want for him.

That roster is overloaded with quality players who can man the 3 spot. We're pretty natural trading partners.

I feel kind of bad for Sam to be drafted to that particular team. It seems like a good fit stylistically, but man is he going to be blocked with all the numbers and giving up seniority. He thought it was bad his freshman year with Bo. Deep down he's probably hoping a team like the Bucks would take him off their hands now. He and his father would get over wanting him to finally venture out of state or whatever, not that we should give a s**t.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#3974 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jul 7, 2015 9:19 pm

bdpecore wrote:

Speights is a pretty good stretch four.
Garbs_7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,582

Post#3975 » by Garbs_7 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 9:48 am

Indiana are really short on bigs, I wonder if they have any interest in bringing back local boy Miles Plumlee? Not sure how things ended there with him a few years ago,but he could be a nice stopgap / rotation big until Turner is ready. They really don't have a lot we need though, maybe a 3 team deal...
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#3976 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 8, 2015 3:53 pm

I'm going with Marvin Williams for Bayless/JOB...hear me out

His 3PT shooting the last 5 seasons, 34, 39, 33, 36, 36%
Decent free throw shooter, size to toggle between the 3/4, and on a 1 year 7M expiring, still only 28 years old.

Doesn't need to be a starter but can, which could be useful as Jabari recovers.
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#3977 » by mlloyd10 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 6:11 pm

Luigi Datome anyone?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#3978 » by M-C-G » Wed Jul 8, 2015 6:24 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Luigi Datome anyone?

I had advocated for him before, but then read that he was restricted and Celtics had planned to match anything reasonable, so moved on.

My post Dudley (realistic) options
1. Gigi
2. Casspi
3. Marvin
4. Dorrel Wright
5. Copeland

I think any of those guys should be respectable shooters, I just literally don't know if any can play defense.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#3979 » by eagle13 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 6:28 pm

Rockets could use 3G who can shoot and some depth at 5
Bucks could use stretch 4 like DMO. Jones would be great but would cost more than bucks have to offer,
trade plumlee bayless job (and maybe WA dudley pick) to HOU for dmo & papanik who is cut
mlloyd10
General Manager

Post#3980 » by mlloyd10 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 6:29 pm

M-C-G wrote:
mlloyd10 wrote:Luigi Datome anyone?

I had advocated for him before, but then read that he was restricted and Celtics had planned to match anything reasonable, so moved on.

My post Dudley (realistic) options
1. Gigi
2. Casspi
3. Marvin
4. Dorrel Wright
5. Copeland

I think any of those guys should be respectable shooters, I just literally don't know if any can play defense.

According to ESPN, he is UFA

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/13220079/nba-enes-kanter-kevin-seraphin-best-available-nba-free-agents

Return to Milwaukee Bucks