ImageImage

What would you look to do in the offseason (BUCKS)?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Re: What would you look to do in the offseason (BUCKS)? 

Post#4721 » by SpursNBucks » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:48 am

Badgerlander wrote:why would the Suns want Henson with Tyson Chandler and Len?

The Bucks aren't about to trade Henson for Morris, NO WAY! I know a lot of people on here are Henson haters and undervalue him, but the Bucks don't. Why even talk about this?
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#4722 » by SpursNBucks » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:57 am

M-C-G wrote:
ackypoo wrote:chief kieff is a year older than henson, signed for less than henson will get extended for, is light years beyond him in skill level at every attribute of the game (with the exception of blocks), can play multiple positions on offense (has a serviceable shot and 3), and can defend multiple positions.

hes also going to be traded for 50 cents on the dollar.

if you dont think buying low on him is a good idea...i dont even.

And appears to be a giant malcontent who views himself as a premier player that we'll have being on the bench behind the future of our team.

The talent is not the question, the trade value is not the question, the character concerns and his ability to accept his role here are the questions. I just keep remembering to Jennings before and after Steven Jackson and what a total cancer that guy was. Not taking the blame off Jennings because that was obviously beneath the surface but we just traded a few of our veteran voices and I have no desire to bring back in a me first dick head in their place. Nice player but too much baggage.

I think Markief makes sense "IF":

#1 Parker is not 100% and earlier reports are he wont be ready for a couple months - your options then would be 1. Henson 2. Move Giannis to PF 3. JOB = None of those sound good.

#2 They go into this thinking they will move him after the year - If you can get Markief to be cool and play well - he becomes a nice asset. I think that is very possible. I think players have a lot of respect for Kidd - more so than Hornacek.

#3 - This is the biggest one - Make sure he gets through the legal stuff - I thing you have to put any trade on-hold until you find out that outcome.

#4 You indeed can get him cheap. Something like Bayless- JOB-Ennis-??? and a 2nd
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#4723 » by MadBlueEdwards » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:25 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:I think Markief makes sense "IF":

#1 Parker is not 100% and earlier reports are he wont be ready for a couple months - your options then would be 1. Henson 2. Move Giannis to PF 3. JOB = None of those sound good.

You're forgetting about Copeland.

And no to Markieff.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#4724 » by DingleJerry » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:15 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:why would the Suns want Henson with Tyson Chandler and Len?

The Bucks aren't about to trade Henson for Morris, NO WAY! I know a lot of people on here are Henson haters and undervalue him, but the Bucks don't. Why even talk about this?

I think if they were offered him for Henson they should accept immediately. Actually a no-brainer. I don't see why they would Henson though with Chandler and Len already. I agree that it's pointless to discuss, I don't see a trade that makes for both teams. I suppose I could be talked into Mayo for him making sense but it just creates another hole here.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#4725 » by AussieBuck » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:18 pm

MadBlueEdwards wrote:
SpursNBucks wrote:I think Markief makes sense "IF":

You're forgetting about Copeland.

And no to Markieff.

Not to mention thinking that Giannis at PF is a bad idea when he's by far our best option there.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#4726 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Mayo is #3 now? Probably old news but the Double 0s are not listed on Bucks.com.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#4727 » by TroyD92 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:55 pm

Markieff wouldn't want to be a bench guy. We've seen what he's like when he doesn't get what he wants.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#4728 » by Aaron It Out » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Mayo is #3 now? Probably old news but the Double 0s are not listed on Bucks.com.

And JOB is 77 now. Sucks that both my Mayo and JOB player tees are basically worthless now.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#4729 » by MadBlueEdwards » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Mayo is #3 now? Probably old news but the Double 0s are not listed on Bucks.com.

JOB is #77 now too.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#4730 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:40 pm

77, lol, nice
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#4731 » by Badgerlander » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:50 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/sukihobson/status/629709383799209984[/tweet]

So JOB has gained 7.5lbs since the combine?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#4732 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:12 pm

I am FLOORED people aren't willing to trade Henson for Kieff. Markieff is a REALLY good NBA player on a phenomenal contract. Henson will be miles from either at the end of the year.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#4733 » by raferfenix » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:43 pm

M-C-G wrote:So the bucks loved Portis but didn't draft him because it would allegedly interfere too much with Jabari's development, but now we are going to take on a headcase PF that is delusional enough to think he is a premier player, and ask him to back up Jabari and Giannis at the 4.

That part of the article was so specific that I wouldn't be surprised if one of Hammond's guys spoke off the record about how he was upset at how the draft went down.

http://onmilwaukee.com/sports/articles/kiddgm.html

Apparently Hammond and his scouts wanted the team to draft Arkansas forward Bobby Portis. Kidd, however, felt that picking Portis would undercut the comeback of Jabari Parker, the second pick in the draft last year. Portis and Parker are similar players and Kidd didn't want to take focus away from Parker.

I could see Kidd over-ruling Hammond, with John suspecting it had to do with picking up another one of Schwartz's clients. However I can't see Kidd saying Portis would really undercut Parker's comeback.

Presume that part was butchered, where maybe it was that Kidd thought what Portis brings would be more repetitive in comparison to Vaughn as he develops (especially after Mayo leaves).
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#4734 » by M-C-G » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:48 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:I am FLOORED people aren't willing to trade Henson for Kieff. Markieff is a REALLY good NBA player on a phenomenal contract. Henson will be miles from either at the end of the year.

I'm floored that people want to bring Markieff the person here after so many years of toxic culture, with a guy that thinks he is the PF of the future which happens to be a position that Jabari and Giannis will both need minutes relegating Markieff to a bench role, which he will be really happy about.

The talent and the contract are great, the ten cent head is the concern.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#4735 » by raferfenix » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:12 pm

It's real possible that our franchise thinks both Giannis and Parker will end up having PF as their most natural position.

That doesn't mean that they don't still compliment each other very well and won't play significant minutes together.

Just that between them they might take up almost all of the minutes at the 4 spot.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#4736 » by DingleJerry » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:47 pm

M-C-G wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:I am FLOORED people aren't willing to trade Henson for Kieff. Markieff is a REALLY good NBA player on a phenomenal contract. Henson will be miles from either at the end of the year.

I'm floored that people want to bring Markieff the person here after so many years of toxic culture, with a guy that thinks he is the PF of the future which happens to be a position that Jabari and Giannis will both need minutes relegating Markieff to a bench role, which he will be really happy about.

I wouldn't do it based on what we know. But you do need 3 guys at the two 3/4 positions and right now we have two. Morris is better than Jabari right now and Jabari will be on minutes restrictions. If you can talk to Morris and tell him it's a one year thing with us that he'll be the starter and then both sides can re-evaluate and we'll accommodate a trade if he wants. Just don't lie to the guy like PHX did. If handled right it might be possible. You would be giving up a guy who's a FA for 4 year cheaply controlled guy who is a much better player. I'm talking purely Henson for him which his where this thread has gone, even though it makes no sense for PHX. IF you have to start giving up long term assets just stay away.
RealBucksFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 176

Post#4737 » by RealBucksFan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:43 pm

BadgersBucks wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I wouldn't do it based on what we know. But you do need 3 guys at the two 3/4 positions and right now we have two. Morris is better than Jabari right now and Jabari will be on minutes restrictions. If you can talk to Morris and tell him it's a one year thing with us that he'll be the starter and then both sides can re-evaluate and we'll accommodate a trade if he wants. Just don't lie to the guy like PHX did. If handled right it might be possible. You would be giving up a guy who's a FA for 4 year cheaply controlled guy who is a much better player. I'm talking purely Henson for him which his where this thread has gone, even though it makes no sense for PHX. IF you have to start giving up long term assets just stay away.

That seems like a situation in which the Bucks don't have much leverage. Trading for a player with the understanding that they will demand a trade later seems to be ill-advised, as the team could lose value in the later trade.

Also, I think the team should look to make trades that help the team long-term. In the medium/long-run, PF is the team's strongest position. Giannis is not going to do that well next to a player with a traditional PF skill set and Jabari may not either, although Jabari is more of a wing than Giannis. But both Giannis and Jabari are PF's who can play SF if the PF can function as a wing, spending time in the weak side corner.

Markieff can spend time in the corner, but he will be a lot like Ersan or an Ersan/LaMarcus Aldridge hybrid. I don't really want him taking touches away from Giannis and Jabari. I'd much rather the team made a move for a less expensive, lower usage combo forward for needed forward depth - a guy like Papanikolaou would be nice in my opinion. But Markieff being a good deal on his salary doesn't make up for him being a poor fit next to Giannis. Not to mention his legal issues and his potentially having a negative affect on team chemistry.

If it really only takes Henson to get Markieff, than I would search for a three team trade, in which another team takes Markieff. Honestly, I think Henson has more value to the Bucks than Markieff and he is entering RFA, so the Bucks can trade him or retain him.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#4738 » by Badgerlander » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:16 pm

forgot about this rumor-

New Orleans Pelicans receive Terrence Ross, James Johnson
Phoenix Suns receive Ryan Anderson
Toronto Raptors receive Markieff Morris
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#4739 » by DingleJerry » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:22 pm

RealBucksFan wrote:
BadgersBucks wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

That seems like a situation in which the Bucks don't have much leverage. Trading for a player with the understanding that they will demand a trade later seems to be ill-advised, as the team could lose value in the later trade.

Also, I think the team should look to make trades that help the team long-term. In the medium/long-run, PF is the team's strongest position. Giannis is not going to do that well next to a player with a traditional PF skill set and Jabari may not either, although Jabari is more of a wing than Giannis. But both Giannis and Jabari are PF's who can play SF if the PF can function as a wing, spending time in the weak side corner.

Markieff can spend time in the corner, but he will be a lot like Ersan or an Ersan/LaMarcus Aldridge hybrid. I don't really want him taking touches away from Giannis and Jabari. I'd much rather the team made a move for a less expensive, lower usage combo forward for needed forward depth - a guy like Papanikolaou would be nice in my opinion. But Markieff being a good deal on his salary doesn't make up for him being a poor fit next to Giannis. Not to mention his legal issues and his potentially having a negative affect on team chemistry.

If it really only takes Henson to get Markieff, than I would search for a three team trade, in which another team takes Markieff. Honestly, I think Henson has more value to the Bucks than Markieff and he is entering RFA, so the Bucks can trade him or retain him.

I agree, I'd rather just roll with what we have and re-assess next offseason. That being said, if they're just giving you an asset on a cheap and tradeable contract you have to take it. This is all futile, there is much better fitting trades than us out there. The only scenario it could work is having an honest discussion with planning on only being a one year thing from both parties and then re-assessing. just not worth it, we have a good young core. Play a year and see how they do
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#4740 » by ackypoo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:47 pm

id rather have kieff at center than monroe.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks