ImageImage

What would you look to do in the offseason (BUCKS)?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucks2585
Junior
And1: 62

What would you look to do in the offseason (BUCKS)? 

Post#1 » by Bucks2585 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:25 pm

So with our team in the upcoming offseason, we have plenty of options with what to do with our roster. After buying out Sanders and replacing his $11 Million Dollar salary with a $2.1 Million Dollar Cap obligation, our payroll should be near $47.5 Million. Our roster will look like this

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee.htm

PG: MCW, Bayless, Ennis
SG: OJ Mayo,
SF: Jabari, Inglis
PF: Giannis, Ersan, JOB
C: Zaza/Henson/Plumlee

With guys already under contract. Middleton and Dudley are the only other guys that may be FAs, but assuming we retain MIddleton for about $10 Million a year and Dudley returns on his player option or is resigned to a similar deal to what he has right now, our lineup would look like:

PG: MCW, Bayless, Ennis
SG: Middleton, OJ Mayo,
SF: Jared Dudley, Jabari, Inglis
PF: Giannis, Ersan, JOB
C: Zaza/Henson/Plumlee

The question I have is, what moves would you make to improve our roster this offseason. Obviously, I would look to pair OJ and Ersan in a package, but what type of guy would you look for?

IMO, what we should do this year is draft European/Foreign Prospect. With a lot of guys under contract already for next season, most of the major contributors, I would look to stash some players overseas who need to develop. For example, take George Lucas in the 1st Round, a developmental Big in the 2nd. In terms of trades, I would look to acquire a true 6th man. That starter who is fine with coming off the bench and leading that second unit and giving us a bonadfide starter in case someone gets hurt. I dont know who would be available, but what are your thoughts on the upcoming offseason and what we should do?

Personally, I hope we retain Middleton and Dudley. They both are the ideal 3 and D guys to have in a starting lineup. If we keep them, Id look to have a starting lineup of:

PG: MCW
SG: Middleton
SF: Dudley
PF: Giannis
C: Henson

Need a High End Backup Combo PG/SG
6th Man SF/PF: Jabari Parker
Backup Bigs: Zaza, Plumlee

Coming off the bench, we would have Zaza and Plumlee to play the matchup game from time to time. Parker hopefully would be the first guy off the bench behind Giannis and Dudley, something that most people probably dont want to see happen, but I do considering Dudley adds spacing in the starting lineup, is better defensively which would be our calling card in this lineup, and the fact Parker is coming off a significant injury. Parker coming off the bench next year would give our 2nd unit a scoring punch and ideally, become an Antwan Jamison 6th man of the year type player in his 2nd season. But I would look to trade OJ and Ersan for a player, honestly a Brandong Knight type player to come off the bench ironically haha. But obviously, I might have a different opinion than some of you. So what are you guys hoping to do in the offseason to continue improving the team?
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Re: What would you look to do in the offseason? 

Post#2 » by TroyD92 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:27 pm

I'd trade MCW/Henson/1sts to get a real center or Tyus Jones in the draft, and get rid of Ersan.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Yesterday completely changed the complexion of the summer.

Based on the youth and center we brough in yesterday, I'd keep our roster intact for next season but look to see if I could identify one player in the draft we really wanted or one player in FA we really wanted and try to get that guy.

We don't need quantity anymore but rather one quality guy or prospect.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Garden Of Edens
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#4 » by Garden Of Edens » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:30 pm

First, everyone stop with Middleton getting 10 mil. It won't happen and he doesn't deserve anywhere close to that. And let's pretend for some odd reason that's what he wants, do you really want to pay a average player that much? You guys act like he's a border line allstar. I top out at 6 mil a year for him. I'm pretty sure Reddick is making 7 mil a year and I think JJ is a better player
Garden Of Edens
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#5 » by Garden Of Edens » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:31 pm

Other than that, I go after Monroe or Marc Gasol if available
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#6 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:32 pm

If Middleton averages 18ppg on high efficiency along with 2 steals per game, he might get a max offer sheet.

And I'd throw caution to the wind and match it, assuming Khris delivers here these last 30 games.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#7 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Find a big worth giving a max contract to.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#8 » by TroyD92 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:34 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:If Middleton averages 18ppg on high efficiency along with 2 steals per game, he might get a max offer sheet.

And I'd throw caution to the wind and match it, assuming Khris delivers here these last 30 games.

This trade is going to really show us what Middleton is. His usage is going to go way up more than likely.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#9 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:36 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:If Middleton averages 18ppg on high efficiency along with 2 steals per game, he might get a max offer sheet.

This trade is going to really show us what Middleton is. His usage is going to go way up more than likely.

This is his chance to jump to a Michael Redd level of offensive production.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
mattflair
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#10 » by mattflair » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:37 pm

Garden Of Edens wrote:First, everyone stop with Middleton getting 10 mil. It won't happen and he doesn't deserve anywhere close to that. And let's pretend for some odd reason that's what he wants, do you really want to pay a average player that much? You guys act like he's a border line allstar. I top out at 6 mil a year for him. I'm pretty sure Reddick is making 7 mil a year and I think JJ is a better player

He is a way better two way player than JJ imo. If OJ Mayo could get $8mil then I would think $8-10 million would be likely for Middleton.

I would love to make a run at Gasol as he would be an awesome fit, but I doubt he leaves Memphis. Still...would make a run. :wink:
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#11 » by Newz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:37 pm

Now that we traded Knight and he is out of the picture I would:

1. Retain Middleton. Can't really say what amount we will be getting him back at, but I would keep him. I think if we retain Middleton we are set long-term at the 2, 3 and 4.
2. Let Zaza go.
3. I'd probably retain Dudley if we can keep him on a reasonable deal. Seems like a nice guy, he can space the floor, he seems willing to play within a defined role and I think you need a couple of guys like that. No way I'd go overboard on what we pay him though. Something like 3 years, $15 million seems fair. Any more than that and I'd let him walk (if he opts out).
4. I would make max offers to Jimmy Butler, LaMarcus Aldridge and Marc Gasol. Yeah, odds are very low we could land any of them. But I really don't have that much interest in guys like DeAndre Jordan, Omer Asik, Greg Monroe or Wes Matthews.
5. Just draft the best player available, regardless of position.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#12 » by Badgerlander » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:40 pm

Draft Tyus or Sabonis or Lucas or offer our pick for McGary

make an offer on O'Quinn

resign Middleton

shop Ersan, Zaza, and Bayless
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,331

Post#13 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:40 pm

TroyD92 wrote:

And that's exactly what we want. Kidd had 50 games to judge Knight and shipped him out. Now we have 30 games to see what Middleton can do with this roster and a contract will be offered accordingly.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#14 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:41 pm

More complex version of what I want to do:
1. Match anything Middleton gets.
2. Try to find a trade to dump Ersan.
3. Retain Dudley if it doesn't force us out of a max contract slot.
4. Offer max to Aldridge, Gasol, Love, Jordan, and Monroe in that order, and see if anyone bites.
5. Always draft BPA.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#15 » by MrPerfect1 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:41 pm

This team as far as I can tell has 2 primary needs right now:

1)Shooting-Our current projected Core of MCW/Middleton/Jabari/Giannis/Henson has very questionable spacing/shooting ability

2)More Defensive/Rebounding Bigs
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,997

Post#16 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:45 pm

i think we may be overvaluing what middleton will get too.

here is a comparison between redd and middleton in the years before their first contract came due. bear in mind redd signed a 3/9 deal after a similar campaign as middleton is having

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 4=&p5=&p6=
Wisky4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#17 » by Wisky4life » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:47 pm

Hopefully make one more trade in offseason. We need a very good starting Center. I don't really like what we have now and I really don't want to see Giannis play it.
“We’re going to turn this team around 360 degrees.” –Jason Kidd
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#18 » by Balls2TheWalls » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:48 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:i think we may be overvaluing what middleton will get too.

here is a comparison between redd and middleton in the years before their first contract came due. bear in mind redd signed a 3/9 deal after a similar campaign as middleton is having

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... 4=&p5=&p6=

I would love for us to be high on our valuation of him, but I think that after his usage goes up that he will be stuffing stat sheets efficiently. He is also a much, much, better defender than Redd ever dreamed of being. I think that if he makes the leap to close to 18-20 PPG on similar efficiency that it wouldn't be out of the realm of thought that he gets a max contract offer.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#19 » by Max Green » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:48 pm

Go after Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan. If not, trade up for WCS.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#20 » by drew881 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:48 pm

I wonder if MCW becomes our longterm PG that perhaps Giannis slides into the Ginobli role in two years:
MCW
Middleton
Dudley or similar shooting F
Parker
Rebounding big

2nd unit:

Giannis playing heavy minutes at any of the 5 positions and especially logging the min when MCW is on the bench.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks