ImageImage

What would you look to do in the offseason (BUCKS)?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

newerabucks
Senior
And1: 130

Re: What would you look to do in the offseason? 

Post#1381 » by newerabucks » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:22 am

Assuming the Bucks really want to draft Kaminsky as many have speculated - big assumption IMO - what would they have to give up to trade up to get him?
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1382 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:56 am

newerabucks wrote:Assuming the Bucks really want to draft Kaminsky as many have speculated - big assumption IMO - what would they have to give up to trade up to get him?

Depends on how far they have to go up. It's very early in the process but I think he could go as high as 8 to Detroit. If he makes it past them I think Indiana and Phoenix could be interested in him at 12 and 13, so Charlotte, Miami and Utah are the targets to move up.

I think the assets we would be willing to move won't be enough/won't be the right fit to get that high. Perhaps taking on Stevenson's deal and sending Charlotte #17 would get it done. Probably not. Maybe they'd want the Tar Heel Henson.

Henson/17 for Stevenson/9.

Not sure I'd do it but it would be tempting if Kidd could get through to him to be our super sixth man.

MCW/Ennis
Middleton/Stevenson
Jabari/Stevenson
Giannis/Ersan
Kaminsky/Zaza
Do it for Chuck
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1383 » by WRau1 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:09 pm

TOR most likely blows it up this offseason if that GM is as great as their fans claim. Valanciunas could be available.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#1384 » by coolhandluke121 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Might be worthwhile to take a step backwards before going all-in. I don't see a great nucleus or anything. Parker could be as good as Pierce, but he could just as easily be the next Abdur-Rahim. Giannis could be Pippen-esque, but he might never put it all together. MCW reminds me a little of Larry Hughes. Henson is a skinny Gooden. Middleton is pretty good, but if the other guys don't turn out to be very good that doesn't help much. Take your time. No need to go out and sign Dragic to a max contract or anything like that.

I would match offers for Middleton up to $12m per. More than that, and I would probably sign and trade him for a draft pick. I would be trying to trade MCW and Henson to move up in the draft, too. If anybody wants Ersan and Mayo on their expiring contracts, trade them for late firsts. Do what will be best 5 years from now, not what will look best next year. I was tempted to build faster when the Bucks were playing well, but I don't think that's the optimal move at this point. Nobody has proven anything except that they have potential, but there are guys with potential all over the league. Only a small percentage of them rise up to it. And even if the young Bucks do, I think they're going to be missing a lot of key supporting pieces - more than what you can typically fill with mid to late first round picks and minor free agent pickups. That's why I would take a step backwards and build for the long-term future this offseason.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

What would you look to do in the offseason? 

Post#1385 » by LittleRooster » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:35 pm

Totally agree, Luke
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#1386 » by showtimesam » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:10 pm

I agree that next season is another "see what we have" year before making a splash in free agency. The number one objective should be to land our center of the future in the draft and see how MCW/Middleton/Giannis/Parker and that Center develop in 2015-16.

That said I'm letting Mayo, Zaza, Bayless, and Ersan play out the season before they expire (I believe Ersan has a team option after next season?). Then once those guys are off the books we can focus year three of the LED era of complimenting our core pieces with shooting and toughness.

1.I'd offer up a package of Ennis/Henson/2015 1st (maybe a future 1st if necessary) to move up and draft Kaminsky. Kaminsky needs to get stronger, but his fluidity with the ball, shooting, and passing are exactly what Kidd's offense requires out of the 5 spot. I have no doubt he can be a top 10 center in this system in a few years.
2.Draft a Euro player we can stash for a few years in the 2nd round
3.Sign Middleton @ whatever price it takes
4.Bring Back Kendall Marshall to hopefully beat out Bayless for the backup PG Spot
5.Assume that Dudley Takes his option, if not I consider bringing him back if the price is right for no more than 3 years for the leadership he brings.

PG:MCW/Marshall/Bayless
SG:Middelton/Mayo/Inglis
SF:Parker/Dudley
PF:Giannis/Ersan/JOB
C:Kaminsky/Zaza/Plumlee
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#1387 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Unfortunately my two year pipe dream of trying to buy low on Otto Porter has vanished as he's having his coming out party in the playoffs.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#1388 » by JustinCredible » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:14 pm

We need to add ar least one shooter. Any chance we could convince Danny Green to sign? Our 3 PT disparity is way too large to be a playoff threat.
All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
James1980
Veteran
And1: 381

Post#1389 » by James1980 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:36 pm

We can't have Zaza starting at center next year
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#1390 » by bdpecore » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:39 pm

JustinCredible wrote:We need to add ar least one shooter. Any chance we could convince Danny Green to sign? Our 3 PT disparity is way too large to be a playoff threat.

I would love to sign Danny Green but I think he will be looking for an opportunity where he can start which the Bucks cannot offer him if they resign Khris. Luke Babbitt and Mike Dunleavy are both options who would be willing to come off the bench but neither offers any upside. I think drafting a shooter would be the better route along with resigning Duds, if he doesn't pick up his player option, than trying to sign a free agent shooter and eating up valuable cap space. Especially since Middleton, Ilyasova and Dudley were all in the top 40 for 3pt FG%this season. Adding another young sharp shooter will just create even better floor spacing for MCW, Giannis and Parker.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,018

Post#1391 » by German Athens » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:44 pm

I'm pretty much done with kaminsky. He's not going to fall to 17, which is the only way I'd take him. If were trading up, I'm only looking for high potential guys. Myles turner would be the guy I'd rather trade up for. It's a shame the center depth takes a tumble after the lottery, but makes sense really. I look at team needs and see a backup 2, backup 4, and a starting 5 as the biggest. I'd still take talent over need, but still address need at some point in the off season. If we can get a young core of two full rotations I'd be pumped!
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#1392 » by Treebeard » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:50 pm

*wrong thread*
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#1393 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Someone on GB proposed a Jeremy Lamb for Jared Dudley deal provided that Duds opts in. Lamb would be a very interesting buy-low potential bench shooter, but I'm not sure where he would fit. Mayo is a better player and after he expires, Lamb will be due a new contract. Something to think about though.

Seconded CoJo, and Pat Bev in the same vein. We can't fall in love with MCW as a starter. Get a PG that will play defense, hit 3s, and realize he's a 4th-5th option. I prefer that way more than seeking out a 5 that can shoot. If we're relying on a guy like Kaminsky to help fix our shooting woes we're not going anywhere anyway.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1394 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:37 pm

Speaking of OKC, they're obviously in win now mode, and I wonder if Frank makes it to 14 if we might be able to snag that pick without giving up our own.

They're tricky. They don't really have a bad contract to eat, and they have a ton of blocked youth. Obviously I'd offer up any of the vets but that's not likely to get us very far. Maybe they'd be interested in Henson, Ennis and our '16 first and/or the LAC '17 first. If we could end up with Frank at 14 and Tyus at 17 that'd be too good to be true.

Come to think of it they could use a guy like Jones a lot. Maybe they'd swap Frank and Tyus if we send them some cash/second rounder.
Do it for Chuck
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#1395 » by mlloyd10 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:32 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:Someone on GB proposed a Jeremy Lamb for Jared Dudley deal provided that Duds opts in. Lamb would be a very interesting buy-low potential bench shooter, but I'm not sure where he would fit. Mayo is a better player and after he expires, Lamb will be due a new contract. Something to think about though.

Seconded CoJo, and Pat Bev in the same vein. We can't fall in love with MCW as a starter. Get a PG that will play defense, hit 3s, and realize he's a 4th-5th option. I prefer that way more than seeking out a 5 that can shoot. If we're relying on a guy like Kaminsky to help fix our shooting woes we're not going anywhere anyway.

Easy yes, Dudley for lamb
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#1396 » by Profound23 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:50 pm

Sign a free agent center. Make a huge run at Marc Gasol or DeAndre Jordan.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#1397 » by randy84 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:21 pm

I think three point shooting is more important than a center. You still have Zaza for another year and Henson is starting to turn the corner. Henson's third year is very comparable to Camby's. Plumlee will also have a full off-season under Kidd.

I wouldn't waste draft picks trying to move up in a very mediocre draft.
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#1398 » by Turd Ferguson » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:08 pm

Any discussion of going after Cj McCollum? Seemed like most were high on him heading into the draft.

Right now, as floor general type, capable 3 shooters who can at least provide the spacing and vision to command a unit, I really only see Marshall fitting that role moving forward on this squad. As long as Ennis and MCW show no signs of consistent jumpshooting or intelligent decision-making, Marshall is my guy moving forward.
Jollay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 661

Post#1399 » by Jollay » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:55 pm

showtimesam wrote:I agree that next season is another "see what we have" year before making a splash in free agency..

With the way things are salary-wise, these first two years under Kidd that was the plan...two developmental "see what you have" years while the young guys learn to play with each other. BPA in the draft for me is fine this year, with the goal being to replace either Mayo, Ilyasova or Pachulia with the pick when those guys come off the books year after next.

After next year we will have a much better idea who we want to and need to target in free agency. And, if teams overspend this year, we might have an advantage with very little money on the books.
bigbucksfan1234
Senior
And1: 187

Post#1400 » by bigbucksfan1234 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:58 pm

Off season plan draft devin booker or rj hunter with 17th pick. Trade miles plumlee for early second round pick between 31 to 33 draft center robert upshaw hes got huge upside but does have off court issues but a second round pick on him isnt a big risk. Resign Middleton 9 to 11 mil per year.

Pg- Mcw/Bayless/ennis
Sg- Middleton/mayo/booker or hunter
SF- parker/dudley/Inglis
PF- Giannis/ersan/job
C- henson/zaza/upshaw

Return to Milwaukee Bucks