ImageImage

Giannis' Development

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Re: Giannis' Development 

Post#761 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Tue Jun 9, 2015 10:38 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Anyone know what player had the biggest ppg jump from one season to the next? I have to imagine Giannis reaching 20 would be a close to record jump.

Considering the Bucks have a shoot first PG (MCW), a guy who will be a top 10 (or better) scorer in the league during his career (Jabari) and a guy they're about to max out who I'm sure they're betting on improving his scoring (Khash*), Giannis at best will be the Bucks third or forth leading scorer next season.

Well Tracy McGrday went from 15ppg to 26ppg when he went to orlando. So that might be the record.

On a side note might not be one season to the next but Tobias Harris went from 5ppg (actually 4.9 ppg) to 17ppg when he was traded, just wanted to point that out to annoy everyone.
Sherman Douglas
Veteran
And1: 1,467

Post#762 » by Sherman Douglas » Tue Jun 9, 2015 11:03 pm

Giannis jump from 12.5 or whatever it is to 20 wouldn't be that strange. Without looking I think AD went from 13ish to 20 his second year. Not that I'm saying Giannis is AD, just saying it happens and wouldn't be a record.

I just think that with Parker being back and Middleton probably having a bigger role (though that's just my speculation/hope) it would be pretty hard to do.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#763 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:55 am

If Giannis can develop a consistent mid range game a jump to 20 wouldn't surprise me at all. If he extends to 3 look the F out.
Do it for Chuck
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,881

Post#764 » by Fotis St » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:21 am

Giannis shot 32.8% from the 3pt in his rookie year.
Two things happened after that ...
1st. He grew from 6'9 to 6'11, which messed up his mechanics and muscle memory
2nd. Coach Kidd ordered him (among with Jabari) not to take 3s and to penetrate, so he can polish his drive moves, building a go to move for Giannis, which in fact raised his confidence.
Now I believe Kidd will unleash Giannis, after he works hard and improves his jumper.
How high his numbers are gonna be, doesn't really matter, he will improve... the most important is to stay "Healthy" !!!
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,275

Re: Re: Giannis' Development 

Post#765 » by HKPackFan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:14 am

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Anyone know what player had the biggest ppg jump from one season to the next? I have to imagine Giannis reaching 20 would be a close to record jump.

Considering the Bucks have a shoot first PG (MCW), a guy who will be a top 10 (or better) scorer in the league during his career (Jabari) and a guy they're about to max out who I'm sure they're betting on improving his scoring (Khash*), Giannis at best will be the Bucks third or forth leading scorer next season.

Well Tracy McGrday went from 15ppg to 26ppg when he went to orlando. So that might be the record.

On a side note might not be one season to the next but Tobias Harris went from 5ppg (actually 4.9 ppg) to 17ppg when he was traded, just wanted to point that out to annoy everyone.

Plan on putting salt after opening that wound?
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#766 » by imithanos » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:26 pm

There you go: http://www.eurohoops.net/2015/06/featured/102231

Spoiler:
By Giannis Antetokounmpo/

Giannis Antetokounmpo returned to the USA and after a few days of individual training sessions, he made the trip to Taiwan and China together with his family. The next short period includes dedication to training and individual improvement.

Giannis continues with his round of summer posts on Eurohoops, writing about the goal of the MIP award, the Bucks’ next season and the top class bigman they need. The menu includes his famous DNP in the game against the Cavaliers and Jason Kidd who is always hard on him!

The improvement and the 7th place in the MIP

I want the work that I do every day in training to come off on the court and the most improved player award is definitely a distinction that I wanted to accomplish. It’ll be a great reward. In the season that ended there were guys that did incredible things and climbed levels. Like Butler, Green, Gobert and several more players. What counts is for me to have a visible improvement in my game every season, regardless of whether I manage to get this award at some point.

The Bucks’ next season

We want to be more competitive next season. We will definitely be better. Most players the Bucks rely on are young and will appear improved. It’s in our hands to have an even better season, compared to the last one in which we managed to compete in the playoffs.

A top class bigman

I think we need a top class bigman. We have Zaza Pachulia who really knows how to play basketball and John Henson who will keep getting better and better and some other big guys with potential. But we need an athletic, top class bigman. Who will be able to finish plays, score and play effective defense. Who will have the skills to function as the rim protector and set good screens.

Zaza Pachulia jokes around with me! He’s warning me that we are going to meet each other in… the Eurobasket. We will both be present with our national teams. I’ll be waiting for him there!

The famous DNP

I didn’t know it and I wasn’t expecting it. I really wanted to play in that game, in order to try and match up with LeBron James. I remember that in the previous meeting with Cleveland I played him well in the first half. But then he started doing his magic, what he usually does and I… lost him! (Laughs).

I really like challenges. It’s great to face the best player in the world, who plays in the same position as you. When you are facing a player who is much better than you in everything, it can only be good. It puts me in the process of getting stubborn and wanting to evolve quickly. To be able to stand my ground at the top level of the game in the NBA. At this stage, when match-ups like these come up, my goal is to try and restrict the super stars to a lesser performance than what they’re used to and at the same time to not hesitate to play offense against them.

“The coach lets me have it”

Jason Kidd has helped me a lot. No other coach from the ones I’ve had up to this point in my career has been as strict with me as coach Kidd. Something that makes me better. I always remember my coach in Filathlitikos, Takis Zivas.

He always treated me like his own kid, like the team’s youngest. He advised to me to work and even then he told me that I could play in the NBA. And I believed that when I was a kid, but I didn’t know when I would make it! Jason Kidd always lets me have it and that has a positive and constructive effect.

“It was good for me, because I got angry”

I know that it became an issue and the media was trying to find out what had happened. Maybe because I had played in many consecutive games in the starting line-up and suddenly in a game against the Cavs I never stepped on the court. But there wasn’t anything more to it than the fact that he didn’t use me. It was good for me, as it turned out.

Because, in the next game I was angry and I was anxious to play. In New York. The game turned out to be a good game for me and I made one of the best plays I’ve made this far in my career. That play came out because I was angry. That’s why right afterwards he made that stink face!
No hay banda.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,042

Post#767 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Will Giannis participate in the summer league ?
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Giannis' Development 

Post#768 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Magic Giannison wrote:Will Giannis participate in the summer league ?

No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#769 » by Dcebucks11 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:45 pm

At the Salvation army summer cook out today, anyone go?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,184

Post#770 » by skones » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:07 pm

I don't know how anyone can watch Giannis's offensive game and think he's going to be a better scorer than Jabari in their respective primes. Jabari is far more advanced in that area. It's really not even close.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,482

Post#771 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:16 pm

No one think Giannis is going to be a better scorer than Jabari for real real. Right?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#772 » by Buck Dweller » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:17 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:No one think Giannis is going to be a better scorer than Jabari for real real. Right?

Nope, people here do.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#773 » by Newz » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:17 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:No one think Giannis is going to be a better scorer than Jabari for real real. Right?

He just scored on that guy at the Salvation Army like he was nothing. I don't see Jabari doing that.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#774 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Didn't Giannis post a pic of himself with a russian model on instagram and then take it down? Jabari might have some catching up to do...
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,042

Post#775 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:31 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Will Giannis participate in the summer league ?

No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, so only the rookies and sophomores are allowed to participate or Giannis will do a different workout ?

As for the Giannis becoming a better scorer than Jabari, we will see, especially when we see the results of his 3's practice and jumpers.
I believe both will be great scorers and will explode this year.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#776 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:49 pm

Giannis faked that guy right out of his shoes and donated them.
Go Bucks!
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#777 » by M-C-G » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:23 pm

BucksIn6ix wrote:

Nope, people here do.

I could see a scenario where Giannis is a more efficient scorer, largely because I think Jabari will be our high volume guy. But in terms of skills, versatility and ppg I really can't envision a scenario where Giannis is a better scorer.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#778 » by LUKE23 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Very few people have said Giannis will be a better scorer than Jabari. I can think of like two. I do think he's going to have more impact on wins though.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#779 » by Prez » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Adding a jumper is going to totally change Giannis' game. Teams won't be able to crowd the paint as much, sag off him, etc. He'd be a monster in transition, unstoppable with momentum on drives, will be able to post up wings, beat PFs off the dribble, keep defenses honest with his vision/passing...and he'd be able to punish defenders if they give him any space. Jabari has crazy smoothness to his game for his age, but I think Giannis with a jumper could light it up down the road as well.
RW23
Junior
And1: 195

Post#780 » by RW23 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:25 am

M-C-G wrote:
BucksIn6ix wrote:

Nope, people here do.

I could see a scenario where Giannis is a more efficient scorer, largely because I think Jabari will be our high volume guy. But in terms of skills, versatility and ppg I really can't envision a scenario where Giannis is a better scorer.

I think that scenario involves a noticeable effect of the ACL tear, and I definitely think it's a possible one.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks