ImageImage

Giannis' Development

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Re: Giannis' Development 

Post#561 » by AussieBuck » Thu May 7, 2015 2:11 am

I hope he's watching Lebron go against Butler.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#562 » by breakchains » Thu May 7, 2015 2:14 am

AussieBuck wrote:I hope he's watching Lebron go against Butler.

Also Harden. All players should be (and do) studying Harden closely.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#563 » by blazza18 » Thu May 7, 2015 3:21 am

breakchains wrote:

A bearded, no haired Giannis would be awesome next year.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#564 » by emunney » Thu May 7, 2015 3:35 am

breakchains wrote:

Yeah, but Harden's not playing Butler.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#565 » by AussieBuck » Thu May 7, 2015 4:15 am

emunney wrote:
breakchains wrote:

Yeah, but Harden's not playing Butler.

Yep, it's cool because Lebron is taking on Butler in a lot of same spots Giannis tried to. He's just got that strength and composure Giannis doesn't.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
flyingvee
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#566 » by flyingvee » Thu May 7, 2015 12:04 pm

King of funny seeing all these comments brushing off the Euro Championship as if it is some CBA or AAU tournament. Many forget the NBA is just one country in the World and population wise more people care about the Euro's and World Championships than they do the NBA which has become a more legit version of the WWF. And watered down to say the least. These days you have guys liek Kyle Korver making an all-star team when years ago he'd barely get to ride the bench. And as someone else said, these guys play fro National pride.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#567 » by Prince12 » Thu May 7, 2015 12:07 pm

More people might follow it, might. But the best players in the world still play in the NBA and that's where I want Giannis playing his best. Against the best, for the bucks.
I'm not even against him playing for his country but at the end of the day I only really care about him improving and getting it done for us.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
turbostef
Senior
And1: 213

Post#568 » by turbostef » Thu May 7, 2015 8:36 pm

BucksIn6ix wrote:Maybe just send Oppenheimer or some coach to Greece with Giannis? **** it just bring Jabari and Michael too

Sent from my iPod touch using RealGM Forums

Ok this is the solution :)

Openheimer has to coach Greece und
Jabari and Michael play for greece

Win win Situation :D
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#569 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu May 7, 2015 8:44 pm

flyingvee wrote:King of funny seeing all these comments brushing off the Euro Championship as if it is some CBA or AAU tournament. Many forget the NBA is just one country in the World and population wise more people care about the Euro's and World Championships than they do the NBA which has become a more legit version of the WWF. And watered down to say the least. These days you have guys liek Kyle Korver making an all-star team when years ago he'd barely get to ride the bench. And as someone else said, these guys play fro National pride.

If Kyle Korver was named Kyle Korvarthenon he would be the best Greek player in the world. If anything you're just hurting your own point.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,888

Post#570 » by Fotis St » Thu May 7, 2015 8:45 pm

82 games of regural season + preseason ... are enough to develop Giannis skills. Through his NT games he is gonna gain some experience and maybe lead the Team for some games. He will play with other NBAers Nick Calathes (probably Koufos) Memphis, Kostas Papanikolaou Houston, + Spanoulis one othe best guards in Europe lsat 10 years + Bourousis one the best Center in Europe ,and others. So it's not gonna be a vacation for him. Greece always wanna go for medal. That means he will play playoff games in Eurobasket, with intense like the NBA playoffs. Now for his development it is important the Bucks get a good defending and rebounder Center, like Rudy Gobert, so he can run for the fast break more often. Imagine Gobert rebounding and passing to Giannis on the fast break, or pass to MCW and Giannis for the fast break. Last 50 games, cause of the lack of a decent rebounder center Giannis had to jump for rebounds almost every shot. He must be unleashed like Lebron-Love duo. I believe in Jason Kidd and his stuff, and I believe in Giannis character, Kidd inspires him and he will do whatever he says. His development is in good hands, don't worry and let's support him to whatever he is willing to do. He played injured sometimes through the season, cause he wanted to, and it went well for him and for the Bucks. Hope he stays healthy for many great years to come. Go Bucks, Go Greece, Go Giannis !!!
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#571 » by KidA24 » Thu May 7, 2015 9:03 pm

The off season is where you add things to your game. You rest. You work on the minutiae of fixing your shot, counter moves, free throw form, working on your handle.

There are only so many hours in the day, if half of his practice time is spent learning the Greek plays and defensive system.... how does that make him better for the Bucks?
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
ZeppelinPage
Head Coach
And1: 3,326

Post#572 » by ZeppelinPage » Thu May 7, 2015 9:25 pm

Well at least Giannis going to have all of June and July in Milwaukee to work on his game, maybe they bring along some of the coaches to Greece when he heads there for the actual tournament.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#573 » by Fotis St » Thu May 7, 2015 9:38 pm

Come on its only a month ... Giannis is smart and a fast learner , don't worry about it. He will do extra practice when he gets back to Milwaukee. He wants to play for the Greek NT and you don't wanna mess his positive attitude, you don't want to erase his smile, by forcing him not to represent his country. Don't underestimate the Greek basketball. Greek National Team is among the Top 5-7 best basketball countries in the World. He learned the game in Greece, he is a top defender, cause he learned defence in Greece.

Of cource US basketball is the best, and NBA practice is way better than European, but as I said his hunger for the game is off the charts and he will improve by his commitment to the game.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Presence
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#574 » by Presence » Thu May 7, 2015 10:05 pm

Fotis St wrote:Come on its only a month ... Giannis is smart and a fast learner , don't worry about it. He will do extra practice when he gets back to Milwaukee. He wants to play for the Greek NT and you don't wanna mess his positive attitude, you don't want to erase his smile, by forcing him not to represent his country. Don't underestimate the Greek basketball. Greek National Team is among the Top 5-7 best basketball countries in the World. He learned the game in Greece, he is a top defender, cause he learned defence in Greece.

Of cource US basketball is the best, and NBA practice is way better than European, but as I said his hunger for the game is off the charts and he will improve by his commitment to the game.

Where do you people get this notion? Giannis is not a top defender, he's a good defender; and he became a good defender about 3.5 months in the season, not after his stint with the NT.

Also, the fact that you believe that signing Gobert and getting Giannis more fast break opportunities is some form of development shows how irrational you are coming off as.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#575 » by Fotis St » Thu May 7, 2015 10:26 pm

Presence wrote:
Fotis St wrote:Come on its only a month ... Giannis is smart and a fast learner , don't worry about it. He will do extra practice when he gets back to Milwaukee. He wants to play for the Greek NT and you don't wanna mess his positive attitude, you don't want to erase his smile, by forcing him not to represent his country. Don't underestimate the Greek basketball. Greek National Team is among the Top 5-7 best basketball countries in the World. He learned the game in Greece, he is a top defender, cause he learned defence in Greece.

Where do you people get this notion? Giannis is not a top defender, he's a good defender; and he became a good defender about 3.5 months in the season, not after his stint with the NT.

Also, the fact that you believe that signing Gobert and getting Giannis more fast break opportunities is some form of development shows how irrational you are coming off as.

I saw almost all 150+ games of Giannis live.
Are you a Bucks fan ? How many complete games have you seen ?
He is a top defender, cause he can guard from 1-5, cause he likes defending, that's why he has foul trouble often.
Didn't see many NBA players playing defence with such passion and every single game.
Also there is a factor that can't be shown on stats ... he freaks out by his opponents by length, always contensting the shot, forcing the shooter to miss his shot... That is not shown on the stats and it is an important factor in the game. The Game is not just a boxscore, there are some details that require knowledge and experience to see.
Presence
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#576 » by Presence » Thu May 7, 2015 10:38 pm

What the hell are you even talking about?

I've been watching Bucks games since about 15 years before Giannis was drafted. I watch every season game.

What I see is Giannis being good at iso defense, good as a help defender, mediocre as a post defender and in rotations and bad in going over screens and overextending. He's not great (yet) and that's pretty obvious.

He can't guard fast PGs and strong Cs.

He gets in foul trouble because he gets charges, he reaches in when someone drives and he easily falls for pump fakes.

His passion is admirable but that doesn't make him a top defender.
Fotis St
General Manager

Post#577 » by Fotis St » Thu May 7, 2015 10:53 pm

The Bucks had a top 5 defending Team in the League and Giannis is the best defender in the Bucks, so in my opinion he is a top-level defender. He is not Jo Dumars, but nowdays most of the NBA players are not playing defence with commitment, they are scoring-minded and this is why Giannis reflects to my eyes as a top-level defender. Of course he has alot to learn and to improve especially on offence. I'm optimistic for Giannis cause of his work ethic. Hope he stays healthy and he will shine more. Nice talking to you Presence.
CannondaleF400
Rookie
And1: 422

Post#578 » by CannondaleF400 » Fri May 8, 2015 1:41 am

7th place Most Improved Player with 22 votes, ahead of Middleton with 4 votes and Knight with 1 vote.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#579 » by bucksfansince88 » Fri May 8, 2015 2:01 am

Im still pissed at MCW for looking Giannis off at the end of the 1st OT in game 3, he wanted the ball so bad and two teammates , MCW then OJ looked him off . Im giving it to him top of the key against noah all day every day in that situation. missed opportunity! I think he wouldve won us that game, but we will never know. I may be over thinking it but i sensed a lil im the pg im the man from MCW on that play
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Giannis' Development 

Post#580 » by Buck Dweller » Fri May 8, 2015 2:28 am

Fotis St wrote:The Bucks had a top 5 defending Team in the League and Giannis is the best defender in the Bucks, so in my opinion he is a top-level defender. He is not Jo Dumars, but nowdays most of the NBA players are not playing defence with commitment, they are scoring-minded and this is why Giannis reflects to my eyes as a top-level defender. Of course he has alot to learn and to improve especially on offence. I'm optimistic for Giannis cause of his work ethic. Hope he stays healthy and he will shine more. Nice talking to you Presence.

Giannis is overrated as a defender. The best defender on this team is a tie between $$$ and MCW.

Sent from my iPod touch using RealGM Forums

Return to Milwaukee Bucks