ImageImage

Giannis' Development

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Giannis' Development 

Post#121 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:57 pm

I don't know if anyone said anything, but giannis is starting to become popular.. Found this in the new GQ thought I post this in the giannis thread

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Re: Giannis' Development 

Post#122 » by emunney » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:58 am

Beorn wrote:Vezenkov is the best youngster I've seen playing in the greek league as long as I'm watching basketball, he's dominating offensively and at the boards as a 19yo despite being average athletically (this is gonna be an issue on D when he comes to NBA, as he isn't quick enough to guard SFs and not long/strong enough to play against top PFs near the basket). His ceiling is Bodiroga IMO.

I haven't watched Charalambopoulos enough to have an opinion.

I hope Charalambopoulos makes it because I'm looking forward to seeing the first jersey with an ellipsis on the back.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#123 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:26 am

I really like Poopaloopamopoulos. We should draft him.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#124 » by 20110913 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 am

turbostef wrote:
20110913 wrote:
turbostef wrote:
Vezenkov is a Product of Greek basketball.

Nevertheless he played for the YOuth Bulgarian National Team and claimed to join the Bulgarian Mens National Team.

Unfortunately...

If they all enter into NBA, it will be very interesting to fans.

Except of Thanasis I don't see any other Greek Youngster that could do really good in the NBA.

Greeks are usually well educated Euro-Ballers with high BB-IQ. This applies usually to all of them.
Whether it is Agravanis, Charalampopoulos, Bochoridis and so on.

We usually lack athletisicm. And we usually don't have really good shooters. Even DD and Spanoulis are not considered
the Ray Allens of Europe. So Greeks usually can not deliver the show nor the Shooting.
If you are not Steph Curry or Russel Westbroock you will have to define yourself as a Defense Role Player in the NBA.
As a big men you then will have to stick to Defense and Rebounds like Koufos.

But I am OK with Giannis and Thanasis being our only 2 NBAers. Pap, Koufos and Calathes can come back home.
I think these 3 would develop better in Europe.

The rest has to develop to 1st tier European Players first. Then we can talk about NBA Potential

you are right, greeks can not shoot nba 3.

But Charalampopoulos and Vezenkov are far better shooter than their euro peer now, I think both of them will enter into NBA.

I am not sure where KPapa to go next season, it is so complicated.
maybe he will stay in Rockets, who knows
turbostef
Senior
And1: 213

Post#125 » by turbostef » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:58 am

emunney wrote:
Beorn wrote:Vezenkov is the best youngster I've seen playing in the greek league as long as I'm watching basketball, he's dominating offensively and at the boards as a 19yo despite being average athletically (this is gonna be an issue on D when he comes to NBA, as he isn't quick enough to guard SFs and not long/strong enough to play against top PFs near the basket). His ceiling is Bodiroga IMO.

I haven't watched Charalambopoulos enough to have an opinion.

I hope Charalambopoulos makes it because I'm looking forward to seeing the first jersey with an ellipsis on the back.

:lol:

Antetokounmpo 13 Letters
Charalampopoulos 16 Letters

I counted them :lol:

Yeah would be fun to see how many letters can be fixed on a NBA Jersey.

But hey, we have Jerseys in Greece also. So...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... PT65D-ZC9I

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http ... PkBEK0DMEY

It is No. 15
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#126 » by imithanos » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:42 am

Names like Spanovagelodimitris we call them Gylos in Greece. :P 8-)

(inside joke from an old greek film)
No hay banda.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#127 » by Sauce Boss » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:I don't know if anyone said anything, but giannis is starting to become popular.. Found this in the new GQ thought I post this in the giannis thread

Here is the link for reference:

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebri ... l_facebook
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#128 » by Mirotic12 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:16 am

wherearemypants wrote:
imithanos wrote:I always thought Yiannis can be something between Pippen and Garnett, but I start to realize he will be unique. In 10-20 years people will use him as example if the want to describe an anordinary player.

Pretty much this. I remember him saying that gaining that extra 2 inches since the draft in 2013 has really messed with his shot. Once he settles into his body which he is doing now, then he is going to be a monster. I think what will be big for him though is this summer he will be allowed to rest his body for the first time since becoming a pro, and work on his jump shot rather than having the grind and different coaching styles of international play/ summer league.

So why is he not going to play for Greece this summer? You do realize that the EuroBasket is even more important to European teams than the World Cup? Or were you unaware of that?
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Post#129 » by Mirotic12 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:32 am

turbostef wrote:
20110913 wrote:Interesting.
Best Greek young players are all something like tweener,
Giannis, KPapa,
Aleksander Vezenkov 19yrs is a solid 2nd round player in 2015 NBA draft
Vasileios Charalampopoulos 17yrs

KPapa,
Aleksander Vezenkov 19yrs
and Vasileios Charalampopoulos 17yrs look so like each other

Nevertheless he played for the YOuth Bulgarian National Team and claimed to join the Bulgarian Mens National Team.

Unfortunately...

Does not mean anything. He is clearly Greek. He has lived his whole life in Cyprus (in all Greek community) and in Greece. Speaks Greek, is completely Greek in every way, raised totally in Greek culture, customs, and everything. He has never lived in Bulgaria and has no custom or culture or anything even of it. He is totally Greek person.

This case is basically same as those American players that play for Nigeria national team. Nigeria national team is like 10-12 American players every time. But they have some strange rule that if you had a Nigerian name they can select you for the team and you can play for it.

Case of Vezenkov is same thing. His father is a manager of a Bulgarian basketball club, so he plays in national team of Bulgaria. Kind of a reverse Mirotic situation and kind of strange to be honest. To live your whole life in a Greek culture, language and country and be developed in their teams and then not play in their national team.

But yeah, you can't tell me seriously Ike Diogu isn't American just because he plays in Nigerian national team. Same case with Vezenkov. Anyway, there are rumors that he might change to the Greek national team soon anyway.
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#130 » by vital_signs » Mon Mar 2, 2015 1:06 am

Giannis needs to become a star before the world starts treating him like one. Keep your head on bball and not fame.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
turbostef
Senior
And1: 213

Post#131 » by turbostef » Wed Mar 4, 2015 1:34 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
turbostef wrote:
20110913 wrote:Interesting.
Best Greek young players are all something like tweener,
Giannis, KPapa,
Aleksander Vezenkov 19yrs is a solid 2nd round player in 2015 NBA draft
Vasileios Charalampopoulos 17yrs

KPapa,
Aleksander Vezenkov 19yrs
and Vasileios Charalampopoulos 17yrs look so like each other

Unfortunately...

Does not mean anything. He is clearly Greek. He has lived his whole life in Cyprus (in all Greek community) and in Greece. Speaks Greek, is completely Greek in every way, raised totally in Greek culture, customs, and everything. He has never lived in Bulgaria and has no custom or culture or anything even of it. He is totally Greek person.

This case is basically same as those American players that play for Nigeria national team. Nigeria national team is like 10-12 American players every time. But they have some strange rule that if you had a Nigerian name they can select you for the team and you can play for it.

Case of Vezenkov is same thing. His father is a manager of a Bulgarian basketball club, so he plays in national team of Bulgaria. Kind of a reverse Mirotic situation and kind of strange to be honest. To live your whole life in a Greek culture, language and country and be developed in their teams and then not play in their national team.

But yeah, you can't tell me seriously Ike Diogu isn't American just because he plays in Nigerian national team. Same case with Vezenkov. Anyway, there are rumors that he might change to the Greek national team soon anyway.

I did not say that he is not Greek.

I just said that for some reasons he decided to play for the Youth Team of Bulgaria and
then claimed in an interview that "it felt right" for him to continue to play for
Bulgaria.

I would love to have him on our National Team but what can you do?

Together with Giannis we would have two of the biggest Prospects in European Basketball
on our Team.

That's why I wrote unfortunaetly
www.basket-balls.de

German Euro/FIBA Forum
ZeppelinPage
Head Coach
And1: 3,326

Post#132 » by ZeppelinPage » Fri Mar 6, 2015 9:05 pm

http://www.milwaukeemag.com/2015/03/06/dont-freak-out-about-giannis-offense-quick-bucks/

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k3LjASzYuM[/youtube]

Giannis article with video of all his shots post all star.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#133 » by Prince12 » Fri Mar 6, 2015 10:33 pm

Nice video, its good so see so many jumpshots falling now and in general the confidence to take them is pleasing.
One thing I've noticed is his drives lack power and aggressiveness. He has great finesse for a player his size but by taking such giant strides and picking up the dribble he ends up losing momentum and the contact is soft and or he fades away creating a crazy tough shot. Id like to see one more dribble and really power to the rim. I guess one issue may be his real problem with picking up offensive fouls which he does very regularly.
Doesn't have to be out of control just more aggressive.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#134 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Mar 6, 2015 10:47 pm

Prince12 wrote:Nice video, its good so see so many jumpshots falling now and in general the confidence to take them is pleasing.
One thing I've noticed is his drives lack power and aggressiveness. He has great finesse for a player his size but by taking such giant strides and picking up the dribble he ends up losing momentum and the contact is soft and or he fades away creating a crazy tough shot. Id like to see one more dribble and really power to the rim. I guess one issue may be his real problem with picking up offensive fouls which he does very regularly.

good thoughts. I like kidds advice about not being in a hurry too tho. he gets in the lane pretty easy...... Id like to see those moves end in more short jumpers and turnarounds over people in heavy traffic instead of always having to get the ball in close for a doopty do or a scooper. his advantage is his size.... stay tall.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#135 » by Prince12 » Fri Mar 6, 2015 10:57 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Prince12 wrote:Nice video, its good so see so many jumpshots falling now and in general the confidence to take them is pleasing.

good thoughts. I like kidds advice about not being in a hurry too tho. he gets in the lane pretty easy...... Id like to see those moves end in more short jumpers and turnarounds over people in heavy traffic instead of always having to get the ball in close for a doopty do or a scooper. his advantage is his size.... stay tall.

Yeah he's shown nice touch on the short hook in the post, I don't think a pull up floater is out of the question. Im sure these are all things he's working on just noticed him running out of gas once he gets to the rim and the Denver game especially ended in some ugly results.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
PackAttack9
Senior
And1: 224

Post#136 » by PackAttack9 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 1:13 am

Some one needs to do a youtube highlights video of his assists soon. Every game he makes at least one pass that is Magic-like.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#137 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Mar 7, 2015 1:34 am

ZeppelinPage wrote:http://www.milwaukeemag.com/2015/03/06/dont-freak-out-about-giannis-offense-quick-bucks/

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k3LjASzYuM[/youtube]

Giannis article with video of all his shots post all star.

those slow euro steps against denver were brutal and the wrong time to use em... should of just took normal steps and finished strong.. Sometimes tries to get a bit more fancier than he should. I think it would be great to see him use a hesitation move more often too.
RW23
Junior
And1: 195

Post#138 » by RW23 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 5:57 pm

Pre-Jan1:
< 5 feet: 62.6% on 61.9% dist
Jumpers: 22% on 31% dist

Post-Jan1:
< 5 feet: 52.5% on 64.4% dist
Jumpers: 29.2% on 38.5% dist

Looked it up just because I was curious. Was very surprised to see him shooting so much worse around the rim.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,274

Post#139 » by HKPackFan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:57 am

BMatt07 wrote:Giannis has gotten far too predictable on his drives. Seems like defenders are sitting on that spin-move of his.

He seems to be trying the euro-step more and more now instead.

This spin move?

Looks OK to me. :D :thumbsup:
#FreeChuckDiesel
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#140 » by greekbuck34 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:34 pm

LoL at their number 20 for trying to defend Giannis and after the Dunk quickly trying to get out of the picture leaving poor Asik alone to pick up the trash. :)

Giannis if you re reading the forum and that move above was made to troll some members here:

1) We are sick of windmills dunks. Especially from you. There are so damn plain. Dont do it again...
2) We also hate any kind of reverse dunks. Don't even try it!
3) I hope that spin move above was your last one. It's just so predictable. STOP DOING THAT ALREADY!
4) Never stop passing the ball to Zaza. His little jumpshots are the most beautiful thing in our team. We will never get tired of that.
5) Lastly you have to stop making top 10 plays. JJ Walker will notice you and we will get sick of his comments about you and how you couldn't stop Lebron on 1vs1...
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks