ImageImage

PG: Bucks ice cold lose 87-71

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Re: PG: Bucks ice cold lose 87-71 

Post#321 » by xTitan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:53 pm

This isn't a surprise at all to me, Knight is the antithesis of Jason Kidd as a PG, where MCW's skill set is actually quite comparable to Kidd's early in his career. I would think a coach would want to go with a guy who he sees in his own likeness rather than a guy who he sees plays at a maddening style, especially as the primary ball handler.

I believe the thought process is that MCW will be the QB who can get the ball to Middleton, Mayo, Dudley, Ersan, Bayless at their position of strength, which is open jump shots, not mention getting the ball at the rim to Henson and Plumlee.

I am a little surprised that MCW has such a low FG %, his shot looks pretty technically sound, hopefully his poor shooting is a bi-product of having to force shots on such a bad team and this will change with less pressure on him. The Bucks also have an excellent coaching staff with a very good shot coach, a number of players shooting has improved quite a bit this season, including Knight. Personally, I am glad Knight is gone, I always believed his ball hogging ways would stunt the growth of Giannis and Parker, now this will not be an issue.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#322 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:00 pm

Bucknado wrote:Was at the game. Few things I noticed.

1. Bulls don't take plays off.
2. Our away jerseys are hideous.
3. Benny the Bull is a real ass hole.
4. We need a scorer.

And rebounding was great?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,728

Post#323 » by Ayt » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:23 pm

Ruzious wrote:
El Duderino wrote:
Ruzious wrote:MCW hasn't even played, and some here have basically said - told you so.

To me, odds are that even once MCW is playing, the offense will struggle more overall than when Knight was here. For all of Knight's flaws running an offense, he was a good shooter and talented scorer. So it's inevitable that there are going to be games where the Bucks offense is going to miss Knight's ability to score points and do so efficiently, regardless if MCW is playing.

This isn't just a 30 game situation though. MCW has two more years after this season on his rookie contract where the team has to hope that he improves on his efficiency. If he does, we might have a long term solution at PG. If not, the Bucks will be back looking again for a solution there.

That's fair. I would add that the Bucks offense won't miss Knight's low assist rate and high turnover rate - though MCW is prone to turnovers as well. And I think everyone can agree that MCW's defense > than Knight's.

It hasn't been talked about a lot, but his rebounding from the PG spot should also be extremely useful in our defensive system. It also adds a bit offensively since it can lead to transition opportunities.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,740

Post#324 » by Treebeard » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:35 am

Ayt wrote:
It hasn't been talked about a lot, but his rebounding from the PG spot should also be extremely useful in our defensive system. It also adds a bit offensively since it can lead to transition opportunities.

Knight is a good rebounder for a guard. Bayless is on pace for a career year for rebounds. I don't know the statistics of where they grab the ball, but I've frequently seen both guys down low in the paint. I'm guessing that is part of the game plan?

With MCW's apparent rebounding skill, how does that factor in?
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,728

Post#325 » by Ayt » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:43 am

Treebeard wrote:
Ayt wrote:

Knight is a good rebounder for a guard. Bayless is on pace for a career year for rebounds. I don't know the statistics of where they grab the ball, but I've frequently seen both guys down low in the paint. I'm guessing that is part of the game plan?

With MCW's apparent rebounding skill, how does that factor in?

We play a very aggressive style of defense that can often take big men out of position to rebound and put the responsibility of boxing out opposing bigs on our guards. The end result has been great since we are 2nd in DRTG and 1st in TOV%, but we are 2nd to last in DRB%. Because of our style of defense we are probably always going to be in the bottom half in terms of defensive rebounding, but we can do better than 2nd to last.

MCW is a great fit for our D with his length, athleticism, and overall defensive ability, but his excellent rebounding is also a major added bonus that really fits our style and should help our biggest weakness defensively.

This is an article from earlier in the year that explains our defensive scheme a bit.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/milwa ... he-future/
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#326 » by imithanos » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:41 am

How many times did ppl mention the trade of BK since the game vs the Bulls? :lol:

We struggle atm and probably will miss the chance to push for the 5th or 4th spot this season, but I think we will be ready for the PO. The current situation reminds me the start of the season. Everybody tries to find their role. Or more accurate to adjust their play to BK's absence. So I wouldn't expect any dazzling performances for the time being. And MCW will help, but don't expect to contribute something like 15/7/6. I would be happy with 10/7/6 and less than 3 TO.
No hay banda.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks