ImageImage

The Future of John Henson

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

mikehantke414
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1 » by mikehantke414 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:05 am

I actually like John Henson but he seems pretty inconsistent. His averages of 7 & 4 aren't anything special even though he doesn't play more than 20 minutes. What do you guys think his future is looking like as far as staying with the team? I personally would like to see him gain about 15-20 more pounds of muscle and play the 5 position. He has crazy length and times his blocks pretty nice he just can't defend really big guys right now like how Gortat treated him last night. Imagine a lineup of MCW, K Midd, GA, JP, and Henson(with more muscle). Seems pretty solid to me
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Re: The Future of John Henson 

Post#2 » by Jez2983 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 4:08 am

He hasn't really gained any size since he's been in the league, appears lazy and disinterested at times and has failed to develop any offense other than dunks/lay ups/put backs and his lefty hook.

Fine if Tyson Chandler, not if soft Henson.

No thanks, would trade.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#3 » by Prince12 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 5:15 am

I've seen enough of Henson in the last 3 years to think he'll be an ok backup who has some nice games from time to time.
He hasn't put on any bulk or shown signs of increased rebounding ability or physicality. His offense consists of a lefty hook and thats all.
If some team thinks they can get more out of him I'm more then willing to package him up for something. If not I just hope he isn't seen as our C of the future. Zaza starting so much makes me feel this isn't the case.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
PackAttack9
Senior
And1: 224

Post#4 » by PackAttack9 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 7:06 am

With the length on our team in our perimeter guys, Henson's blocks are counting for less and less. At times Henson going for a block will leave the other part of the rim open. We would need more bulk to box out for rebounds. Unless he can seriously improve under Kidd and show up at Playoff time, I don't see how he'll ever be more than a backup C. I didn't know how him and Sanders could coexist, but now Larry is gone, Henson will be here for a while.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#5 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Mar 9, 2015 7:17 am

stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#6 » by stellation » Mon Mar 9, 2015 7:21 am

He looks like one of those rap guys' girlfriends

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5sqvVJ4[/youtube]
#FreeChuckDiesel
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#7 » by LedZepp007 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 11:21 am

stellation wrote:He plays like one of those rap guys' girlfriends

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5sqvVJ4[/youtube]

FIFY
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,220

Post#8 » by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 9, 2015 11:28 am

Too soft and seems disinterested at times. If I could use him as an asset to move up into the draft I wouldn't hesitate.

He will make a fine Ekpe Udoh on a championship caliber team.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,764

Post#9 » by Plossum » Mon Mar 9, 2015 12:02 pm

Does he have a better career than Brandon Wright?

That's the sort of player I see but meh.
#LockUpChuck
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#10 » by TroyD92 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 12:08 pm

I think he'll end up a Chipotle chain owner.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#11 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Mar 9, 2015 12:35 pm

To me he's the guy that right when I'm ready to part ways, he'll have a strech of awesome games where he's blocking shots and getting double-doubles. I think he has talent but seems to have a laissez faire mentality towards the game which I think will ultimately minimize his ability to be a dominant player.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#12 » by Prince12 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 12:41 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:To me he's the guy that right when I'm ready to part ways, he'll have a strech of awesome games where he's blocking shots and getting double-doubles. I think he has talent but seems to have a laissez faire mentality towards the game which I think will ultimately minimize his ability to be a dominant player.

This is why whatever value he has should be capitalised on while it's their. I'm sure their are teams that believe he has the tools to be consistently good and are willing to give it a go, but this won't last forever. Cash in on what we can get for him while he's young enough to still have some value.
Ideally package him to move up a few spots if possible.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#13 » by Ruzious » Mon Mar 9, 2015 1:07 pm

I'd like to see him play 30 minutes a game, because his metrics are very good. One problem in trying to do that is he's averaging 5.0 fouls per 40 minutes.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#14 » by bizarro » Mon Mar 9, 2015 1:14 pm

Henson is a throw-in to sweeten a deal. Or he is a fringe rotation player until his contract expires. Is and always has been fool's gold. Nice guy, yes. When it comes to basketball, he is Charmin soft and completely boxed-in to his tendencies. Somewhat interesting considering he can not box out.
DickCunningham
Rookie
And1: 238

Post#15 » by DickCunningham » Mon Mar 9, 2015 1:16 pm

Pachulia and Henson are both back-ups. We need a starting center. While Henson's length allows him to do some things that a back-up normally can't, I would rather have a Pachulia or a cheaper version for a backup. A bruiser who doesn't get pushed around in the paint.
"Our goal is to become a championship team," Kidd said.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#16 » by BobbyLight » Mon Mar 9, 2015 1:20 pm

TroyD92 wrote:I think he'll end up a Chipotle chain owner.

They don't franchise.

SICK BURN ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,950

Post#17 » by Siefer » Mon Mar 9, 2015 1:42 pm

Henson is a good 20 minute a game backup big, and I mean good. He's an elite rim protector, and knows his limits on offense. We all wish he was stronger in the paint and could rebound, but he's still an asset in his current form.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#18 » by drew881 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 2:11 pm

I wonder if Henson gets the "disinterested" comment because of his looks? This always seems to me that players like Henson who don't have a mean look to them get the classic Tracy Mcgrady treatment. Come on, the guy just has a lazy eye. I feel like even if Ben Wallace half assed it, he would never get the "disinterested" label. I'm not defending his play, because Henson has been inconsistent, and I agree that he could fill out more. But I also think that given his awkward, baby faced appearance, he will get more criticism.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,739

Post#19 » by Treebeard » Mon Mar 9, 2015 2:54 pm

Part of the problem with Henson, is that we need a full time C, and no one on the roster is capable of that role today. Zaza is done but fits the profile best, Plumlee can't find the court, so Henson gets pressed to be something he's not. I think we may see incremental improvements as time goes on, but not a big leap. He's likely to be a career backup - You need those guys, but they are also easier to come by.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#20 » by tski1972 » Mon Mar 9, 2015 3:03 pm

I hope Henson's future isn't with the Bucks.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes

Return to Milwaukee Bucks