ImageImage

Postgame: Bucks at Nets Bucket of Ass Part II

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Re: Postgame: Bucks at Nets Bucket of Ass Part II 

Post#341 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:27 am

Yes Papa is one of the best european role players to have.
High IQ, Excellent D, good vision, and a good catch and shoot 3(but a little streaky).
I dont know if $4,800,000 are too much for the Bucks though...
He will easily find a team after his great half rookie season he had.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#342 » by Shaffty » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:28 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:He does his job very well though. A job that MCW can do already if he stops taking force shots and let them for Giannis, Middleton, Ersan and our rest of our shooters when they come back after all these injuries...

He'd have to completely change the way he plays basketball and learn how to shoot. MCW is a long way from being our Beverly.

And it wouldn't help us win games because Giannis isn't Harden.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,771

Post#343 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:29 am

Shaffty wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:He does his job very well though. A job that MCW can do already if he stops taking force shots and let them for Giannis, Middleton, Ersan and our rest of our shooters when they come back after all these injuries...

He'd have to completely change the way he plays basketball and learn how to shoot. MCW is a long way from being our Beverly.

Second part I'll agree with, first part I don't believe is close to true. Beverly would certainly help this team win more games. I'd listen to the argument MCW does in the future but right now its not even remotely close IMO.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#344 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:30 am

Shaffty wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

A combination of Parker and Giannis could be more dangerous than Harden in the future.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#345 » by 3Diamantidis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:38 am

greekbuck34 wrote:Yes Papa is one of the best european role players to have.
High IQ, Excellent D, good vision, and a good catch and shoot 3(but a little streaky).
I dont know if $4,800,000 are too much for the Bucks though...
He will easily find a team after his great half rookie season he had.

I doubt. Especially with that amount of money.
He is clearly struggling(not only now with the injury) 3 months now.
He is very smart and he can do lots of things but houston clearly needed something different.
They didn't back him after his first injury. The trades of smith, brewer clearly left him out.
I don't think that he will find easily a team.
4,8 mil ....if that salary gets at 3mil he will be a great addition.
Plus, i think that playing with giannis will be a big motivation for him.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant

Post#346 » by 3Diamantidis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:43 am

greekbuck34 wrote:
Shaffty wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:He'd have to completely change the way he plays basketball and learn how to shoot. MCW is a long way from being our Beverly.

A combination of Parker and Giannis could be more dangerous than Harden in the future.

I have a fear though...
Will giannis and jabari be able to play together and make the bucks' fans dream come true? :-?
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#347 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:45 am

tigerclan wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
Shaffty wrote:

I have a fear though...
Will giannis and jabari be able to play together and make the bucks' fans dream come true? :-?

You mean if they would like to share the glory?
They both seem down to earth and great hardworking kids overall. They look to be great friends until now.
So why not?
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#348 » by Treebeard » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:51 am

trwi7 wrote:People keep bringing up Kobe coming back like they don't realize he's awful. Rookies don't help teams win and I question what kind of free agents the Lakers are going to get.

That's part of the calculations I'm really not sure of. There are any number of ways this can play out, and the outcomes are all over the place

* Kobe could be just as done as Kenyon Martin, but he doesn't accept that yet. IF that's the case, and he plays next year, the Lakers could be in real deep tapioca. IF Free Agents (or their agents) see Kobe as an impediment to winning (that's an ironic twist :wink: ), the good ones probably steer clear of the Lakers next year.

* IF Kobe's rested and ready and in decent shape - but still on the decline, AND the Lakers pickup some free agent help, then they may have a 30-35w season.

* IF Kobe does a Lazarus-arising-from-the-dead AND they hit the Free Agent jackpot, and they get something from Randle (one way or another); they probably have a decent season

My bet - Kobe comes back for a victory lap and struggles to sustain the level of performance he wants and call it a career by the break; but the Lakers hit on some decent, if not stellar Free Agents, so their 2016 pick is somewhere in the 10-12 range.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,721

Post#349 » by AussieBuck » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:53 am

Flap Jackson wrote:The Beverley love on this board is tripping me out. He plays good D and is careful with the turnovers, but his outside shot sucks on an almost MCW level. So either:

a) you haven't seen him play much, or
b) you haven't seen Beverley play at all.

He hits 36% of his threes so far in his three seasons on good volume, he doesn't take other jumpers outside of emergency situations. I'd swap MCW for him on a new 4 year deal for sure. He's the kind of PG we need, a guy who gets out of the way.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant

Post#350 » by 3Diamantidis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:53 am

greekbuck34 wrote:
tigerclan wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:

I have a fear though...

You mean if they would like to share the glory?
They both seem down to earth and great hardworking kids overall. They look to be great friends until now.
So why not?

No i mean in terms of blending well with each other in game.
If one of them was C or PG i would have no issues.
Both of them are SFs though(imo).
Giannis can play PF since he is better at rebs but this way milwaukee will miss what makes him really fun to watch: the gazelle running everywhere thing :)
Jabari has a slightly better 3pt i think and he looked more comfortable in scoring.
Before the injury....
Plus, the explotion of giannis came after jabari's injury....
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,721

Post#351 » by AussieBuck » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:56 am

Having Kobe on your team is like having a MCW who takes 50% more shots and is the worst defender at his position in the league.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant

Post#352 » by 3Diamantidis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:00 am

AussieBuck wrote:Having Kobe on your team is like having a MCW who takes 50% more shots and is the worst defender at his position in the league.

Monta Ellis is the worst defender at this position i think :P
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#353 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:00 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Flap Jackson wrote:The Beverley love on this board is tripping me out. He plays good D and is careful with the turnovers, but his outside shot sucks on an almost MCW level. So either:

He hits 36% of his threes so far in his three seasons on good volume, he doesn't take other jumpers outside of emergency situations. I'd swap MCW for him on a new 4 year deal for sure. He's the kind of PG we need, a guy who gets out of the way.

Yeah saying his shot is MCW level bad leads me to believe

a) he hasn't seen MCW play
b) he hasn't seen Beverly play
c) both a and b
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
greekbuck34
RealGM

Post#354 » by greekbuck34 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:08 am

AussieBuck wrote:

+1111

There you go. A guy that gets it. That's the type of PG we want(Kidd mainly) but with better vision. If MCW had a 36% 3p or a 50% on mid jumper he would have been already better that Beverly. Since the decision has been taken and Kidd chose MCW over the pick we have to wait until next year for some improvement on MCW's shot or try someone else.

We don't need a Knight with excellent D, greater length and better distribution/vision. I mean it would have bean great but there is not a player like that or if there is someone even with the potential to be I doubt we could sign him for Milwaukee.

Find a Chris Paul of the poor or try MCW until next midseason.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant

Post#355 » by 3Diamantidis » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:11 am

I've watched beverley playing in Greece 4 years ago.
When i look at him now, i can say that i'm shocked with his progress.
He is the best defending PG. Lockdown defender all the way.
His 3pt percentage ain't breathtaking but it's decent.
He is good at passing the ball as well(ok when you play with harden, ariza outside it's easy to have enough assists)
He will never be a top 10-15 PG.
But he will never be a below top 20 PG either.
He is consistent and very useful team player imo.
Flap Jackson
Bench Warmer
And1: 698

Post#356 » by Flap Jackson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:08 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:

Yeah saying his shot is MCW level bad leads me to believe

a) he hasn't seen MCW play
b) he hasn't seen Beverly play
c) both a and b

I have actually seen more of Beverley than MCW at this point to be honest (I stopped watching Philly about ten games in last season and Houston was one of my league choice package teams last year).

Beverley is a likable team guy, but we're not even discussing him if he was on say ... Charlotte. He is almost at his ceiling, right now, today. I have seen defenses lay off of him and watched him brick consecutive outside shots on countless occasions. Fortunately, he plays with Harden so its cute during the regular season. Almost adorable. I don't think he is bad by any means, but I don't think we are talking about him if he plays for say ... Denver.

Outside of the overtimes last night, I haven't seen MCW try to be Mr. PPGz since he has been with the Bucks. Most of the time (again, outside of the overtimes) he takes the shot given to him. The problem is his shot is terrible at the moment. Generally, I believe young players will get better at shooting with practice and confidence building, but his shot is ... yikes. Still, at the age of 23 and only his second year in the league, I don't rule out the possibility that he can at least rebuild his form to be good enough to exploit his other intangibles offensively. I really don't see him being anything like Knight mentally. He seems to be a guy that wants to get other players the ball in position to be successful, I haven't seen much evidence to indicate the contrary. I don't think he'll ever be a solid 3 point shooter, but there are countless role players around the league to do that.

I wasn't intending on comparing the two and to that end, its a waste of time anyway since it is mere conjecture from fans trying to find the type of point guard they want to see with our young wings. I truthfully only made the comment because his name keeps popping up and it wouldn't if he was on say ... Boston. It was an off the cuff comment based on the player I know Beverley to be, I don't dislike him, but I don't understand the sudden fascination.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#357 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:46 am

I don't even care what your opinion on Beverly is but saying his jumper is MCW level bad is insanely laughable.
Flap Jackson
Bench Warmer
And1: 698

Post#358 » by Flap Jackson » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:00 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I don't even care what your opinion on Beverly is but saying his jumper is MCW level bad is insanely laughable.

It like comparing Bud Light to Miller Lite, the whole debate is "laughable"
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#359 » by 20110913 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:03 am

tigerclan wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
tigerclan wrote:
Beverley is good at 3s though.
A lot better now than when he was in Greece 3 years earlier i think :P

Yes he was extremely raw in Olympiakos.
He has a .375 3p tha last couple of years but a bad fg%.
He does his job though very well. A job that MCW can do already if he stops taking force shots and let them for Giannis, Middleton, Ersan and our rest of our shooters when they come back after all these injuries...

So you are Greek as well.
I have a scenario in mind.
I think that Papanikolaou can be a buck.
If dudley leaves and assuming that johnson will leave as well...he can make it in milwaukee.
Of course with less money than his current rockets deal.
I don't think that he will stay with houston...he can opt out i think.
He isn't so good as dudley is at 3s but he can play SF/PF and get 10-15 decent minutes.
Giannis will help him adjust and that would boost giannis' psychology as well.
I think that papa would love to play for the bucks.
What do you think?

Aleksandar Vezenkov
is a better choice
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#360 » by 20110913 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:06 am

Nick Calathes+ Lakers pick is far better than MCW

Return to Milwaukee Bucks