ImageImage

PG: Did you guys know Lebron was good? Bucks Lose 108-90

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Re: PG: Did you guys know Lebron was good? Bucks Lose 108-90 

Post#261 » by raferfenix » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:01 pm

I think Parker is going to come back with a vastly improved jump shot.

He has plenty of time to work on his shooting in lieu of other activities that put undue strain on his knee.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#262 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:32 pm

Pre all star

Starters : Milwaukee 24th Deff: -7.4 http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/15/6/diffeff/17-1

Bench : Milwaukee 1st Deff: +16.3 http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/15/7/diffeff/17-1

Post all star

Starters : Milwaukee 12th Deff: +2.1http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/15/6/diffeff/18-1

Bench : Milwaukee 27th Deff: -9.9http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/teamstats/15/7/diffeff/18-1

Special gift only for Brandon Knight's favorite boyfriend(nick27something). :P

Phoenix Suns with Knight: 4-6
Phoenix Suns without Knight: 5-1
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#263 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Since everyone wanted to talk MCW, we didn't discuss the real story in the game and that is Kevin Love.

Love was getting eaten alive yesterday and the Bucks were scoring at will in the paint. Cleveland adjusted and rode with Tristan Thompson and LeBron as the bigs and they rolled in the fourth and shut us down.

Unless the Cav's win the title, I have to think Love will head to LA in three months as a free agent.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12544 ... -mike-mike

Not only has Love's production dipped, but there have been times when he has been benched. Cleveland's 108-90 win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Sunday marked the fourth time this season that Love did not play in the fourth quarter of a game that was still in the balance after the first three quarters were finished.

"A lot of the times, if you look out on the floor when that's happened, it's been matchups," Love told ESPN Radio's "Mike & Mike" on Monday. "So whether it's been James Jones being out there or Tristan Thompson, us going big, us playing the 5 man, which happened [Sunday], and LeBron playing the 4 and guarding a guy like [Ersan] Ilyasova out there, it just changes the dynamic of the game, and we happened to be rolling at the end of the third quarter all the way into the fourth.

Cavaliers F Kevin Love dishes on his role with Cleveland, the state of the team, his relationship with LeBron James, scheduling in the NBA and the goaltending call in UCLA's win over SMU.

"So I think it's on me to try to do what's best for the team and always be a consummate professional throughout this entire process."

The Cavs went on a 26-5 run from late in the third quarter to midway through the fourth quarter against the Bucks with starters Love, Timofey Mozgov and Kyrie Irving on the bench.

"We had it going, honestly," Cavs coach David Blatt said of the substitution decision. "It's no disrespect to any one of those guys. The game was going in the way we wanted it to go, and we just rode it and it worked out well. That's what teams should do."

The Cavs are 3-1 when Blatt has decided to sit Love in the fourth.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#264 » by El Duderino » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:19 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Since everyone wanted to talk MCW, we didn't discuss the real story in the game and that is Kevin Love.

Love was getting eaten alive yesterday and the Bucks were scoring at will in the paint. Cleveland adjusted and rode with Tristan Thompson and LeBron as the bigs and they rolled in the fourth and shut us down.

Unless the Cav's win the title, I have to think Love will head to LA in three months as a free agent.

Even if Love gets frustrated with is role in Cleveland, he has to be really enjoying a first taste at being on a high quality winning team. So if he were to consider bolting from the Cavs, i just wonder if he'd be ok with going to the Lakers unless he first knew of other moves LA would make so that he wouldn't be stuck on another bad team.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,049

Post#265 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:23 pm

El Duderino wrote:
Even if Love gets frustrated with is role in Cleveland, he has to be really enjoying a first taste at being on a high quality winning team. So if he were to consider bolting from the Cavs, i just wonder if he'd be ok with going to the Lakers unless he first knew of other moves LA would make so that he wouldn't be stuck on another bad team.

No one knows what Love is thinking, but the sense from his days in Minny are that he views himself as Option 1 and 1A on an NBA team. At this point he's just a great role player on the Cav's. Getting benched in the fourth quarter of a game against the Bucks has to hurt.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#266 » by breakchains » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:32 pm

What a disaster of a trade by GM Lebron. Wiggins is like the ideal player for that roster :lol:
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#267 » by Badgerlander » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:34 pm

I think Love and Dragic both end up in LA this summer (unless the Heat offer Dragic the max) and a Dragic/Swaggy/Kobe/Randle/Love lineup should be lulz
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#268 » by MiltownHawkeye » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:34 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:Pre all star

Starters : Milwaukee 24th Deff: -7.4

Bench : Milwaukee 1st Defe: +16.3

Post all star

Starters : Milwaukee 12th Deff: +2.1

Bench : Milwaukee 27th Defe: -9.9

Special gift only for Brandon Knight's favorite boyfriend(nick27something). :P

Phoenix Suns with Knight: 4-6
Phoenix Suns without Knight: 5-1

Where did you find this?
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#269 » by greekbuck34 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:48 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:Where did you find this?

I put links in my post.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,952

Post#270 » by Jez2983 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:52 pm

breakchains wrote:What a disaster of a trade by GM Lebron. Wiggins is like the ideal player for that roster :lol:

I wouldn't say a complete disaster, but more completely unnecessary. The guys they picked up to complete the team (Mozgov and JR Smith) they would've got without reference to Kevin. No AV leaves a hole at PF though that TT doesn't fill.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#271 » by imithanos » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:28 pm

Since BK's trade I'm again in the early season's mood. I enjoy the development of our youngsters.

However it's funny to read reactions of posters here who blame MCW or Bayless. It's another thing to write about one's awful performance after a defeat and another to look for a scapegoat. I try to be objective with Giannis although I am Greek, but I wonder where were these posters who blame MCW, when Giannis was playing awful after the ASG(with almost 5 TOs per game). :dontknow: Although he is 3 years older, he is also a 2nd year rookie and it's not the easiest thing to "lead" a team (as a PG) after a trade. Yeah he was awful in the game against the Nets, but not yesterday. Before the Cavs tighten their defense, the Bucks could easily penetrate their defense. The momentum changed when LBJ was driving to the basket against Henson after the screens on Giannis.

As for the trade itself, it sure is great. Saving for the next 2 years $10m per having 2 PGs who arent worse and investing it for a big guy is something positive. As someone already mentioned with BK still on the team Giannis and Khris wouldn't take so much responsibilities.

On last thing. I like the 6 seed and I dont care about the 11th pick. If the Bucks want a lottery pick, they should be quick and offer SAC something (Ersan? Henson? Zaza?) for theirs. :nod:
No hay banda.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#272 » by BucksFanSD » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:42 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:That's the way that I am taking it too, so somebody please correct me if that is completely wrong but it looks to me that our team since the break is at its best with the starting 5 on the court.

I think our starting five has played pretty well since the trade, especially on defense.

I agree our starting five has been good. And keep in mind Ersan is really supposed to be coming off the bench for Jabari, and we signed Zaza with intentions of him leading the second unit. Next year our starting five will be improved with Jabari and draft/FA center.

For many years the Bucks would start off games down 22-14 before the second unit came in. We suffered the small backcourt of Jennings/Monta (talented but an off-design), the starting of Drew Gooden at Center, starting over-the-hill Caron Butler at SF, the Marquis Daniels starting nod over Tobias, and the list goes on.

I think we're going to have a very functional and talented starting 5 next year, at least by All star break. I'm excited yet patient for this to pay off.
Roughy2
Freshman
And1: 21

PG: Did you guys know Lebron was good? Bucks Lose 108-90 

Post#273 » by Roughy2 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:06 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
El Duderino wrote:

No one knows what Love is thinking, but the sense from his days in Minny are that he views himself as Option 1 and 1A on an NBA team. At this point he's just a great role player on the Cav's. Getting benched in the fourth quarter of a game against the Bucks has to hurt.

He'd suit our need for a rebounding/passing/floor-spacing big. If he's played bad enough to not get the max from anyone else. (Not happening)

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#274 » by raferfenix » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:38 am

Love does not sound like someone really committed to staying in Cleveland.

Maybe he takes his player option and waits for the cap to balloon. But the prospect of leading the next Lakers dynasty must be tempting.

Watch LAL come out next year with:

PG: Rondo
SG: Kobe
SF: Young
PF: Love, Randle
C: Okafor

If they don't take a center with their top 5 pick maybe they sign someone other than Rondo like Roy Hibbert or Kosta Koufos.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#275 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:47 am

Love is not a max player.

You'd have to max him in order to get him in MIL.

Therefore, I would not want him as a Milwaukee Buck.

The Bucks have enough "bigs" who are soft and like to shoot outside. That's Kevin Love. I almost spit out my drink when I read Love stating he's a "post player." Why is it I see him chucking 3s in 90% of the shots I see from him?
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,730

Post#276 » by Wonka » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:11 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:Love is not a max player.

You'd have to max him in order to get him in MIL.

Therefore, I would not want him as a Milwaukee Buck.

The Bucks have enough "bigs" who are soft and like to shoot outside. That's Kevin Love. I almost spit out my drink when I read Love stating he's a "post player." Why is it I see him chucking 3s in 90% of the shots I see from him?

Did you ever watch him pre-Cleveland? :crazy:

Love is an elite post up player when given the opportunity, his role on this current team just doesn't call for that often.
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#277 » by MrPerfect1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:15 am

raferfenix wrote:Love does not sound like someone really committed to staying in Cleveland.

Maybe he takes his player option and waits for the cap to balloon. But the prospect of leading the next Lakers dynasty must be tempting.

Watch LAL come out next year with:

PG: Rondo
SG: Kobe
SF: Young
PF: Love, Randle
C: Okafor

If they don't take a center with their top 5 pick maybe they sign someone other than Rondo like Roy Hibbert or Kosta Koufos.

That lineup would be a disaster. It would easily be the worst defensive front court in the league. Teams would be forming layup lines against them. Also, that is not even factoring the 2 ball dominant back court players both of whom do not get along with teammates and are declining in abilities and injury prone.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#278 » by mattg » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:23 am

Yeah that hypothetical lakers lineup wins like 37 games out west with the potential to just absolutely implode because of injuries and just a terrible mix of players.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks