ImageImage

GT: 3/26/15 Bucks vs. Pacers (7pm CST - FS-WI)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

GT: 3/26/15 Bucks vs. Pacers (7pm CST - FS-WI) 

Post#1 » by Max Green » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:10 pm

After Khris Middleton's buzzer-beater stopped the Milwaukee Bucks' lengthy losing streak, George Hill's driving layup helped the Indiana Pacers slow their late-season fade.

Still clinging to sixth place in the Eastern Conference, the host Bucks seek their first back-to-back wins in five weeks Thursday night against a Pacers team looking to grab the final playoff spot in the conference.

Milwaukee (35-36) was eight games above .500 and had a 7 1/2-game lead on the sixth seed Feb. 20 before dropping 13 of 16 heading into its home game against Miami on Tuesday.

Trailing by 14 in the fourth quarter, the Bucks were in danger of having their advantage sliced to one-half game until Middleton made a 3-pointer at the horn for an 89-88 victory that snapped a six-game slide. Ersan Ilyasova led the way with 19 points and 11 boards for Milwaukee, now two games ahead of the seventh-place Heat.

"I think we are more or less in the process of learning, right?" said coach Jason Kidd, who took over a team that won just 15 games last season. "We're going to be a young team that plays everyone to one possession."

Milwaukee has certainly had those types of contests against the Pacers. Following an 87-81 road win Nov. 4, the Bucks suffered a 94-91 home loss Jan. 2 before falling 109-103 in overtime at Indiana on March 12.

The Pacers (31-40) stood in seventh place in the East after topping Milwaukee earlier this month. However, they dropped their next six to slide down to 10th before ending the untimely skid with Wednesday's 103-101 win at Washington.

Hill keyed the victory with 29 points -- including the go-ahead layup with 2.7 seconds left -- to go with nine assists and seven rebounds. He's averaging 22.0 points on 55.9 percent shooting over his past seven games.

Despite their struggles, the Pacers can move into sole possession of the last playoff slot with another win over the Bucks.

"We're in survival mode right now and every game matters," said coach Frank Vogel, who looks to guide Indiana to its 14th win in the last 17 meetings. "This is a group that's been deep in the playoffs and I like our chances."

The Pacers, who rank among the league leaders in points allowed per game (97.1), will try to tighten things up after allowing an average of 108.2 in the past six games. They've limited the Bucks to 91.3 in regulation in the three earlier meetings.

Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo has totaled 18 points on 6-of-22 shooting in the last two matchups, but he's averaged 17.8 and shot 52.0 percent in his past six overall.

Michael Carter-Williams, acquired in a trade at last month's deadline, is averaging 19.8 points in his five career meetings.

Last season's rookie of the year had 28 points, eight rebounds and four steals in his first matchup since joining the Bucks. He's looking to bounce back after finishing with four points before fouling out in 26 minutes Tuesday.

O.J. Mayo made his return against the Heat following a four-game absence due to a hamstring injury, while fellow reserve Jared Dudley is questionable after missing the past six because of a knee injury.

Paul George, Indiana's leading scorer the past two seasons, isn't yet ready to return from a broken leg. Rodney Stuckey, who scored 25 in the last game versus Milwaukee, could miss a third straight game with a sore left calf.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,618

Re: GT: 3/26/15 Bucks vs. Pacers (7pm CST - FS-WI) 

Post#2 » by Gianstoppable » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Bucks win tonight by 4. Going to the game Saturday with awesome seats, would be nice to catch some fire before playing one of the big boys (GSW)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Tantras
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#3 » by Tantras » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Bucks win by 15 and Giannis sets a career high with 32 points on 11/19 (9/9 FTs, 1 made 3p) shooting along with 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 1 TO and 1 PF.

He's mad after being so careless last game and his sucky previous two performances against Indiana.

:meditate:
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#4 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:19 pm

its the only nba game on, but not even wisconsinites will watch. Great job nba/ncaa
ILikeBigBucks
Sophomore
And1: 32

Post#5 » by ILikeBigBucks » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:38 pm

What's the best way to get cheap tickets? Living four hours away I rarely get to a game, but I'll be in Milwaukee tonight and I don't even care if the badgers are playing I gotta catch a live bucks game.

I've checked on stubhub and nbatickets and they are still somewhat expensive for a lower bowl seat. Do they usually go down closer to gametime?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,188

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Stubhub will cut off sales sometime this afternoon. Scalpers will be outside the BC and often outside Goolsbys. But buyer beware with print at home tickets. Easily duplicated and could be sold multiple times.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Re: 

Post#7 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:54 pm

ILikeBigBucks wrote:What's the best way to get cheap tickets? Living four hours away I rarely get to a game, but I'll be in Milwaukee tonight and I don't even care if the badgers are playing I gotta catch a live bucks game.

I've checked on stubhub and nbatickets and they are still somewhat expensive for a lower bowl seat. Do they usually go down closer to gametime?

Turn on the ticketmaster resale option, and you usually can find below stubhub prices, or roll the dice with craiglist. If you do craigslist there are some people on there that sell tickets to multiple games, which I prefer to the one off. If they are on there selling each and every week, you can feel a little better it isn't a scam.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#8 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:59 pm

Giannis can get 25 /12/4 every game if he really wants to. He doesn't know how good he is yet
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,530

Post#9 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:08 pm

I think a win is in order. Pacers have cooled off and the Bucks have to still be riding high after that emotional comeback win on Tuesday. I'm just bummed the Raps couldn't beat CHI yesterday, we really need them to grab that 3 seed.

W 96-88
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Post#10 » by DanoMac » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:would be nice to catch some fire before playing one of the big boys (GSW)

So Woelfel's middle initial is S?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,056

Post#11 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:16 pm

It will be interesting to see if we're a different team after that thrilling win. Definitely a game you'd love to get. It would put us in a great position to eliminate the Pacers from passing us. It would also be nice to snap off some wins and get a little momentum heading in. I think this will be a close game though and can see it going either way.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#12 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:18 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:Bucks win tonight by 4. Going to the game Saturday with awesome seats, would be nice to catch some fire before playing one of the big boys (GSW)

They're going to play the best team in the league and then follow it up two days later facing the 2nd best team in the league. As far as maintaining a winning pace heading into the playoffs tonight is a game they definitely want to win. They really could use momentum going into the next two games.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#13 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:38 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:Bucks win tonight by 4. Going to the game Saturday with awesome seats, would be nice to catch some fire before playing one of the big boys (GSW)

They're going to play the best team in the league and then follow it up two days later facing the 2nd best team in the league. As far as maintaining a winning pace heading into the playoffs tonight is a game they definitely want to win. They really could use momentum going into the next two games.

After tonight next 3 games gsw/atl/chi... After that the schedule gets a lot easier.... Hopefully their confidence isn't depleted after these stretch of games
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#14 » by Badgerlander » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#15 » by Nebula1 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Good luck. This could be another strong win for the Playoff push.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,344

Post#16 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:31 pm

We are going to need to make a move for a player in the draft no matter what seed we end up with, so I have returned to cheering for the 6th seed. I think the Bucks could take either the Raptors or Wiz in a 7 game series.

Giannis in the playoffs will be worth it.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Flap Jackson
Bench Warmer
And1: 698

Post#17 » by Flap Jackson » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:03 pm

I want a win here more than any other game this season. I really want to crush Indiana's hopes for once. Winning back-to-back games with a likely 3-game losing streak on the horizon would also be nice. The Bucks are going to be in the playoffs so every win not only helps with the standings, but the team's confidence as well. This roster needs to learn how to win together again.

Hopefully it won't take another miracle. It would be nice to have a good well played win where the other team has to foul and chase. They haven't had a win like that in weeks.

I'm going to shelter myself from news and watch it on replay following the Wisconsin game. Go Badgers! Go Bucks!
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#18 » by BobbyLight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Spoiler:

Man, wicked awesome defense by Nene there.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,626

Post#19 » by chonestown » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:43 pm

The Aussies and the Greeks are going to have to carry the board tonight.

The Nu Electric Swag Twinz, ZaZa and Ers, have to swag out.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#20 » by greekbuck34 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:03 pm

chonestown wrote:The Aussies and the Greeks are going to have to carry the board tonight.

The Nu Electric Swag Twinz, ZaZa and Ers, have to swag out.

Why? What's going on?
Do you have some lesser sport's local derby or something?
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks