Amazing Dudley article

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,733

Amazing Dudley article 

Post#1 » by Serge28 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:36 am

I'd highly recommend reading the entire piece:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/loquacious-jared-dudley-finds-a-home-in-milwaukee-b99470302z1-297953181.html

"Kidd is kind of like a Phil Jackson," said Dudley. "He will throw little stuff at practices to make people mad. Put you down on a B team just to keep you on your toes. Or if Jabari messes up — he'll make the whole team run, except for Jabari."

With Dudley enjoying his coach, his teammates and the surprise success, he decided to talk once again. This time to Bucks fans.

More like, hello? Are you out there?

He's been in the NBA for eight years, he's seen every city several times over, and he wasn't seeing anyone wearing any Bucks stuff, he wasn't seeing businesses with Bucks posters or billboards showing any support.

"Basically, it's the worst I've seen," said Dudley.

"But the No. 1 reason is Jason Kidd. On our team, everybody plays. That doesn't happen. On any team. The only team that does that is Philly. They're bad, and they want to be bad on purpose. He plays everyone and he keeps everyone engaged.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Re: Amazing Dudley article 

Post#2 » by Prince12 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:13 am

I love Dudley as a leader and that coveted 'great vet lockeroom guy' I just don't see his knee lasting. We seen the best stretch he's probably got in him and eventually it burnt him out.
I'd love to keep him for 3/12 and I could perhaps stomach 3/15 but anything more would be a mistake. I wonder if he'd be happy to take that.
Really great article though and love hearing him talk so positively about Kidd.
Thanks for sharing.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#3 » by Treebeard » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:13 am

It is a nice article. He certainly comes across as an interesting guy and probably as much the leader as we had thought. I could see him opting to stay for a number of reasons: Kidd, team, his kids.. I could see him leave for a long term deal, where the total $$$ are guaranteed. The long term situation for his knee has to be worrisome for him.
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#4 » by tyland » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:23 am

Great piece. Seems like a great teammate. I think we can bring him back to be an extension of coach Kidd on the court.
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#5 » by Shaffty » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:41 am

Guys his knee is fine he was out for his back.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Re: 

Post#6 » by Treebeard » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 am

Shaffty wrote:Guys his knee is fine he was out for his back.

I think it has been both in this last stretch.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#7 » by drew881 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:50 am

This puts little things in perspective for us, like when Kidd said our "shooting percentages for the half were bad, plus Giannis took a shot."
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#8 » by AussieBuck » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:58 am

Pay that man.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,733

Post#9 » by Serge28 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:49 pm

I really can't believe that article came from JS.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#10 » by Aaron It Out » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Great article. Sounds like he'd take a little less money to get a multi year deal and that he'd like to stick around here. Also liked this bit.

"And Giannis and Jabari are the key to the franchise for the next five years. If they develop into all-star players, the Bucks will be in the playoffs the next seven years. If they don't, then you're back to being up and down.

"I can help that. I don't think there's any other team where my value would be higher than right here."
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#11 » by EastSideBucksFan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:21 pm

Can't say I ever remember Lori Nickel doing Bucks articles.

Great piece, hope to see more.

I'm sure we'll see more JS changes after April 1.
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#12 » by SkilesTheLimit » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:24 pm

I liked everything in the article except for the last part where he wanted a multi-year deal. From us.

Yeah, no thanks.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#13 » by M-C-G » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Guys like him and ZaZa were brought in to change the culture here. They have more off the court importance than on the court, or rather that should be the case.

I'm fine with giving him a deal to keep him around for a few more years, as long as it doesn't prevent us from a bigger move we could be making.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#14 » by BobbyLight » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Yeah, all depends on what he wants. I am a big believer in having at least 1 "chemistry" guy which is a thing that can not be quantified in any way, shape or form. I see Dudley and Zaza as chemistry guys, so we have 2. I'm fine with 2. If they want to stay around for cheap (and hopefully with Zaza as the third center), that's fine.

Just don't keep them if it hamstrings us from making deals, if it means they get in front of players who are better with more potential (at this point I am done with Henson, Plumlee looks like a good 3rd center and that's how he's being used... basically, it's sad Zaza is out best center, but he is) or if we were offered a trade that clearly made us better. If we follow those three rules, Zaza and Dudley can stick around. Ersan and Bayless can GTFO ASAP, however.
Istanbullus
Junior
And1: 166

Post#15 » by Istanbullus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:25 pm

[quote="EastSideBucksFan"]Can't say I ever remember Lori Nickel doing Bucks articles.

Lori Nickel's other great Bucks piece was on Larry Sanders last year, his love of art and skateboarding. Those are the two best articles on the Bucks the last couple of years. We've still never gotten an investigative, retrospective analysis on the Tobes trade. McGinn went all out once in an excellent piece analyzing the Justin Harrell pick, when GB had been offered Dallas' first rounder, a 3rd and another first the following year. I don't see why they can't do the same with the Bucks, especially when there's so much garbage in the past to pick through.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#16 » by AussieBuck » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:07 am

SkilesTheLimit wrote:I liked everything in the article except for the last part where he wanted a multi-year deal. From us.

Yeah, no thanks.

He's the guy we need on and off the court to get Jabari's D from horrible to average. I'd give him a 3 year deal and not care if he barely played past year one.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#17 » by tyland » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:13 am

AussieBuck wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:I liked everything in the article except for the last part where he wanted a multi-year deal. From us.

Yeah, no thanks.

He's the guy we need on and off the court to get Jabari's D from horrible to average. I'd give him a 3 year deal and not care if he barely played past year one.

What are people thinking in terms of per year salary?

It is really hard to judge with the salary cap increase coming, but is 3 years $15 million near the mark?
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#18 » by Prince12 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:21 am

tyland wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:

Yeah, no thanks.

What are people thinking in terms of per year salary?

It is really hard to judge with the salary cap increase coming, but is 3 years $15 million near the mark?

Definately not more then 3/15. 3/12 preferably but I guess we'll find out what he thinks he's worth given he said he'd take a discount to stay..
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#19 » by AussieBuck » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:59 am

No idea, 3/15 sounds great to me.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks