ImageImage

PG: Bucks beat Bulls!!

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,395

PG: Bucks beat Bulls!! 

Post#101 » by GoldenAntlers » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:02 pm

Happy to see the Bucks pull off this tough road win.

RealGM will break if there is a Bucks/Raptors playoff series.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,944

Re: PG: Bucks beat Bulls!! 

Post#102 » by Perishable517 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:04 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I know conventional wisdom says it will be even more bucks fans in the playoffs, but I'm starting to think it will be more 50/50. This game was just a Wednesday night home game in early April. For a Bulls fan in Northern Ill or Kenosha, this was one of 2 games they could get to easily all year without having to drop a ton of money. I think Bucks fans will be putting in more of a fight for playoff tickets if we have strong ending to the season and can steal 1 in Chicago.

The Bucks have that stretch run package going on to get playoff tix set. That might help keep Chi fans out if Bucks fans are snapping those up. It doesn't matter who we are playing in the playoffs for us to get tix but do Chicago fans want to get tix if/when we are playing the Raptors?
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,431

Post#103 » by Rendei » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:04 pm

I think the funniest moment of the night was when Sid said something along the lines of "and that's why the Bulls are such a good playoff team."
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#104 » by BobbyLight » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:11 pm

Rendei wrote:I think the funniest moment of the night was when Sid said something along the lines of "and that's why the Bulls are such a good playoff team."

Did you dream this or watch an older game by mistake?
Rendei
Sixth Man

Post#105 » by Rendei » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:16 pm

BobbyLight wrote:Did you dream this or watch an older game by mistake?

Err, no? But I'm not going to watch the entire game again to figure out when he said it.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#106 » by BobbyLight » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:18 pm

Rendei wrote:

Err, no? But I'm not going to watch the entire game again to figure out when he said it.

He didn't announce that game. Like, at all.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#107 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:20 pm

sidney moncrief wrote:For those that were there, what was the reaction like in the stadium to the "reveal" at halftime? Watching on TV, it seemed like there was no reaction at all. I felt bad for Bango. It seemed like they were expecting more from the crowd and when instead there was silence, Bango didn't know what to do and just awkwardly ran off the court.

As I recall, the intro to it was pretty cool with what they did with the lights and music. But between half the people in line to get a beer, and the other half Bulls fans, I'm not sure there was really much of a reaction.
Rendei
Sixth Man

Post#108 » by Rendei » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:23 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
Rendei wrote:

He didn't announce that game. Like, at all.

Oh, really? Shows how well I pay attention to these things. I hear something like that and just assume it was said by him.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#109 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:36 pm

The more I think about it, we need to play the Bulls in the playoffs.

It's embarrassing to have perhaps a 60/40 crowd split at home, but I think it's very important for the development of Giannis to play real playoff basketball, and you can't ask for a better motivator than the Bulls. They play hard, they play cheap and dirty, and they're good.

The Bulls can be the Pistons to Giannis' Jordan in the sense that losing to Chicago and getting booed on your own floor is the kind of thing that can really motivate someone as competitive as Giannis all off season. You can just picture him deciding: "Never again" and shooting another hundred jumpers.

Also, the atmosphere would be electric, and no doubt we'd have our own flashes of great play. A proper introduction into the playoffs.
sidney moncrief
Junior
And1: 186

Post#110 » by sidney moncrief » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:52 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:The more I think about it, we need to play the Bulls in the playoffs.

It's embarrassing to have perhaps a 60/40 crowd split at home, but I think it's very important for the development of Giannis to play real playoff basketball, and you can't ask for a better motivator than the Bulls. They play hard, they play cheap and dirty, and they're good.

The Bulls can be the Pistons to Giannis' Jordan in the sense that losing to Chicago and getting booed on your own floor is the kind of thing that can really motivate someone as competitive as Giannis all off season. You can just picture him deciding: "Never again" and shooting another hundred jumpers.

Also, the atmosphere would be electric, and no doubt we'd have our own flashes of great play. A proper introduction into the playoffs.

So would a series against the Raptors be considered fake playoff basketball then? How do I determine if a series is real or not?

I'll take the more winnable matchup where our home games will actually feel like true home games. I don't think it matters for Giannis' development whether we play Chicago or Toronto. That kid will be motivated either way.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#111 » by FrieAaron » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:53 pm

I don't think the Arena would be empty against Toronto, especially if they can manage winning a good amount of these final games. There seems to be much more enthusiasm around the team than the last time they made the playoffs if not quite as much as the FTD team.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#112 » by BobbyLight » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:56 pm

FrieAaron wrote:I don't think the Arena would be empty against Toronto, especially if they can manage winning a good amount of these final games. There seems to be much more enthusiasm around the team than the last time they made the playoffs if not quite as much as the FTD team.

I remember a lot of empty seats for game 6 vs. Atlanta. A game where, if we'd have won, we'd have won the series.

I don't think we sellout a game if we play Toronto and we'd only sell out Bulls games because those a holes would buy tickets.

This city isn't ready to support the Bucks. I think next year might be the year they finally start to.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#113 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 2, 2015 4:59 pm

Perishable517 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I know conventional wisdom says it will be even more bucks fans in the playoffs, but I'm starting to think it will be more 50/50. This game was just a Wednesday night home game in early April. For a Bulls fan in Northern Ill or Kenosha, this was one of 2 games they could get to easily all year without having to drop a ton of money. I think Bucks fans will be putting in more of a fight for playoff tickets if we have strong ending to the season and can steal 1 in Chicago.

The Bucks have that stretch run package going on to get playoff tix set. That might help keep Chi fans out if Bucks fans are snapping those up. It doesn't matter who we are playing in the playoffs for us to get tix but do Chicago fans want to get tix if/when we are playing the Raptors?

I think if the team snaps off like 5-6 wins down the stretch you'll maybe get some interest back.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#114 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:02 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:I don't think the Arena would be empty against Toronto, especially if they can manage winning a good amount of these final games. There seems to be much more enthusiasm around the team than the last time they made the playoffs if not quite as much as the FTD team.

I remember a lot of empty seats for game 6 vs. Atlanta. A game where, if we'd have won, we'd have won the series.

I don't think we sellout a game if we play Toronto and we'd only sell out Bulls games because those a holes would buy tickets.

This city isn't ready to support the Bucks. I think next year might be the year they finally start to.

Really? I thought I remember that being pretty full. It was a sellout by "paid" attendance I know.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#115 » by BobbyLight » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:11 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
Really? I thought I remember that being pretty full. It was a sellout by "paid" attendance I know.

I sat in the upper deck and while it wasn't barren, it was far away from full. You could easily buy tickets at the window shortly before the game. I'm not saying no one was there by any means, but it was far away from a hostile playoff atmosphere.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#116 » by M-C-G » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:14 pm

I would say we were approaching the FTD, if the pre ASB trajectory would have continued, but things have definitely taken a step back after that west coast road trip.

That said, I totally agree that a strong finish will do wonders for the playoff ticket sales...I am praying for Toronto, a playoff series with Bulls fans would be almost unattendable.

Oh and the referring will be much closer to neutral against the Raptors. The inconsistency and manipulation of games by the refs is so blatant, obvious and frustrating as a fan.
Cooleyo47
Rookie
And1: 523

Post#117 » by Cooleyo47 » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:16 pm

Very big win... The tank has been obliterated, so they might as well make a little noise in the playoffs.

They stand the best chance to push a series to 7 against the Raptors, IMO.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#118 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:27 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

I sat in the upper deck and while it wasn't barren, it was far away from full. You could easily buy tickets at the window shortly before the game. I'm not saying no one was there by any means, but it was far away from a hostile playoff atmosphere.

And the game didn't help. ATL came out and punched us in the mouth, and ultimately was never really that close. I remember Stackhouse signing the anthem and it being pretty jacked up then. But the Bogut injury was kind of a buzzkill on that season. At least with this team there is a little hope that if suddenly starts to click for MCW (or even a guy like Dudley) that they could be a little dangerous again.
TheWig
Sixth Man
And1: 593

Post#119 » by TheWig » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:29 pm

We would win at the most one game against the refs and bulls if we played them in the playoffs
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,831

Post#120 » by fansinceforever » Thu Apr 2, 2015 5:43 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

You sure about that? I sat in the upper deck behind the hoop in one of the top half rows and there weren't really any opportunities to move closer. I remember it being full and pretty loud. Their performance that game was the only disappointment.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks