SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,788

Re: OT: NCAABB Championship, UW vs. Duke 

Post#701 » by SirChurros » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:07 am

HurricaneKid wrote:
Have It All wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:
EDIT: Duke fan? Nevermind. Complaining about calls on Winslow is insane after last night. He should have fouled out twice. Almost like the UK fans saying we had it coming after the shot clock violation as if they didn't get 5 other calls the rest of the way.

OOB misses are inexcusable. There is an official placed RIGHT on the line whose sole responsibility is to watch that line and the contact under the hoop. And when someone has the ball dribbling down the line thats essentially his only responsibility.

The ref being out of position by a foot can influence what he sees. It's not like half of Winslow's foot was on the line during that play. It's a call that probably gets missed more than once every game and your team benefitted from it once this year as well. You can talk all you want about how it didn't matter, because that game didn't impact anything, but that doesn't change it.

There is a human element to officiating and unless you want all plays reviewable at all times, that's not going to change. The ref missed a call. It happens. It also happened a dozen other times last night.

The officiating evened out, like it always does. If you think the first half was fine, I'm not sure what to tell you.

The baseline is a LOT different from the sideline. I know this sounds weird but thats just how officials are positioned. The baseline is used as a fixed line and the sidelines you are generally running up and down which makes things a lot more difficult. When you are on the baseline you are in a fixed position looking down the baseline. They aren't comparable.

And if you think the officiating evened out I'll just toss you on ignore as I don't think much of your opinion on basketball.

Might as well toss me on ignore, then.

Was a threat to ignore me supposed to change my opinion or something?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#702 » by trwi7 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:13 am

Badgerlander wrote:Adams said he saw the broadcast angle only after the referees left the scorer's table, and considered taking an unprecedented step -- calling the officials back over to the monitor -- before deciding against it.

"I saw it after they had left the monitor, and actually thought about: Is it in my prerogative to get up, run over the table, buzz the buzzer and tell them to come back and look?" Adams said. "That's how critical I thought the play was, and concluded that this is a job for the guys on the floor and I've never done this before, why would I do it tonight and perhaps change the balance of the game?"

So the guy is (Please Use More Appropriate Word) then.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#703 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:21 am

Are you **** serious? If it was after they left but before they made a call how do you not call the refs back over and tell them you have another angle?
vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#704 » by vital_signs » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:30 am

I think it would be more embarrassing for the NCAA to have them not have that angle shown to them versus them simply blowing the call
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#705 » by HurricaneKid » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:44 am

Have It All wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:
Have It All wrote:
The ref being out of position by a foot can influence what he sees. It's not like half of Winslow's foot was on the line during that play. It's a call that probably gets missed more than once every game and your team benefitted from it once this year as well. You can talk all you want about how it didn't matter, because that game didn't impact anything, but that doesn't change it.

There is a human element to officiating and unless you want all plays reviewable at all times, that's not going to change. The ref missed a call. It happens. It also happened a dozen other times last night.

The officiating evened out, like it always does. If you think the first half was fine, I'm not sure what to tell you.

The baseline is a LOT different from the sideline. I know this sounds weird but thats just how officials are positioned. The baseline is used as a fixed line and the sidelines you are generally running up and down which makes things a lot more difficult. When you are on the baseline you are in a fixed position looking down the baseline. They aren't comparable.

And if you think the officiating evened out I'll just toss you on ignore as I don't think much of your opinion on basketball.

Might as well toss me on ignore, then.

Was a threat to ignore me supposed to change my opinion or something?

Not a single person on this site has ever thought you have said something worthy of a positive click. You area Duke fan trolling WI fans the day after the national championship. You are either a troll or stupid. Either way your posts are unworthy of a moments attention and you won't have another from me.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,417

Post#706 » by th87 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 8:16 am

Have It All wrote:If anyone watched this tournament, last night's game wasn't officiated any differently. I'm really baffled with the gripe about the overall officiating of the game. It was inconsistent and bad. You have one call/and a no call which are legit gripes. But everything else? Nothing we haven't seen a handful of times this tournament and all season really.

What does it tell you when pretty much only Duke fans are defending the officiating?
SirChurros
Lead Assistant

Post#707 » by SirChurros » Wed Apr 8, 2015 4:16 pm

th87 wrote:
Have It All wrote:If anyone watched this tournament, last night's game wasn't officiated any differently. I'm really baffled with the gripe about the overall officiating of the game. It was inconsistent and bad. You have one call/and a no call which are legit gripes. But everything else? Nothing we haven't seen a handful of times this tournament and all season really.

What does it tell you when pretty much only Duke fans are defending the officiating?

I actually haven't heard anyone say the officiating was terribly one sided outside of Wisconsin fans/Duke haters. Even Heller or Arias (can't remember which) said that the calls evened out in the second half.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,384

Post#708 » by Rendei » Wed Apr 8, 2015 4:20 pm

The worst fans are the ones who win and decide to hang out with the ones they just beat. Find a Duke forum.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant

Post#709 » by SirChurros » Wed Apr 8, 2015 4:29 pm

Rendei wrote:The worst fans are the ones who win and decide to hang out with the ones they just beat. Find a Duke forum.

You might want to rename the thread title, then.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,417

Post#710 » by th87 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 5:18 pm

Have It All wrote:
th87 wrote:

I actually haven't heard anyone say the officiating was terribly one sided outside of Wisconsin fans/Duke haters. Even Heller or Arias (can't remember which) said that the calls evened out in the second half.

Lots of articles calling the officiating into question.

It seems odd though that Wisconsin, who rarely fouls, got called for 13 fouls in the second half. I don't know that the "being aggressive" angle explains it, because plenty of teams have attempted to be aggressive and haven't been so successful in drawing fouls.

I think this article would be instructive as well:

http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/04/duke-bad-calls-wisconsin-national-championship/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+uproxx%2Ffeatures+%28Uproxx%29

It shows instances where fouls were called on Wisconsin when Duke initiated contact. Also take a look at the illegal screens. I trust you'll do so with an objective eye.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,384

Post#711 » by Rendei » Wed Apr 8, 2015 5:46 pm

Have It All wrote:
Rendei wrote:The worst fans are the ones who win and decide to hang out with the ones they just beat. Find a Duke forum.

You might want to rename the thread title, then.

I'm no mod. If I were I'd have already removed your troll ass from this thread.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#712 » by RiotPunch » Wed Apr 8, 2015 7:00 pm

#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#713 » by KidA24 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 10:52 pm

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12648171/ncaa-vp-says-officials-actually-did-see-replay-angle-disputed-bounds-call-duke-wisconsin-title-game

"Unfortunately, John misspoke yesterday," Gavitt told ESPN.com after his OTL appearance. "The officials did indeed have the camera angle that was shown on the CBS broadcast. It was the last angle they did see. They likely did not stay long enough with a review to see that angle magnified. But they made their determination based on the two-minute review and the camera angle that was shown on CBS and with that determined that there wasn't indisputable evidence to overturn the call. You need to have indisputable evidence by rule to change the call. The facts are they did have the angle the viewers had."
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#714 » by humanrefutation » Thu Apr 9, 2015 1:58 am

I just watched One Shining Moment and it made sad all over again. ****, losing that game with this team is going to hurt for a long, long time.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks