Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Re: PG: Jason Kidd, Greek whisperer. 99-91 

Post#121 » by Diggr14 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:54 pm

H2tObes wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:He is a terrible defender .
:o

I guess I haven't looked at any defensive stats this year for Wiggins, but defense is supposed to be one of his strengths.

He is terrible right now but he should be a very good defender in the future

He should be a good defender, but he has the defensive motor of Carmelo Anthony.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#122 » by Diggr14 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Drating 114, DBpm -1.8 DWS .1

That's pretty terrible.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#123 » by 3Diamantidis » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Diggr14 wrote:Wiggins isn't averaging 5apg ever. He is a terrible passer and is a black hole with the ball, sort of like michael redd was.

He is a terrible defender and a subpar rebounder. He basically plays the same position as Giannis, and is not even close to as good. Giannis does many more things and with a much higher efficiency.

I'll take Jabari all day, lets get him health and go from there.

Dude it's ok if you prefer giannis. So do i.
But you are describing wiggins like he is trash.
The stats i posted are just estimations. Of course, i can be mistaken.
Saying that 5apg will never be a reality for a guy that plays mainly outside ain't extreme?
I didn't say that he is good passer. He can be way better in the future though. He is 19 y.o.
In the end, giannis ain't spectacular either(2,5apg this season)
Wiggins will not be a bad defender. He won't be better than giannis. There'w a difference.

And i agree that you'll be having jabari BUT you have to realize that with that core of MCW/mids/giannis/jabari(i don't mention the C the team will be having after summer) NONE of these guys will be having the fgs that wiggins will be having in minesotta.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#124 » by H2tObes » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:00 pm

Diggr14 wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote: :o

I guess I haven't looked at any defensive stats this year for Wiggins, but defense is supposed to be one of his strengths.

He is terrible right now but he should be a very good defender in the future

He should be a good defender, but he has the defensive motor of Carmelo Anthony.

Yeah if he would play defense as intensely as Giannis does he would be good, he saves all of his energy for offense right now. Im thinking theres a good possibility that Wiggins has a similar impact on the game as a player like Redd would at his peak, a really good scorer who doesn't do anything else above average. He really has all the tools to be a stud defender though, would be a travesty if he continued to be bad on that end
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,651

Post#125 » by TroyD92 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:02 pm

So first Wiggins wasn't alpha enough. Now he's too alpha.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,300

Post#126 » by 3Diamantidis » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:11 pm

TroyD92 wrote:So first Wiggins wasn't alpha enough. Now he's too alpha.

Let's just say that he is perfect fit for the wolves.
For the bucks he wouldn't be perfect. Not with giannis, jabari in the team.
Somebody would have to leave eventually.
At min he is the superstar.
newerabucks
Senior
And1: 130

Post#127 » by newerabucks » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:16 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:And I said he's been overrated by Buck fans.
Be specific because I'm curious. How exactly has Jason Kidd been overrated?
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#128 » by Max Green » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:19 pm

newerabucks wrote:

If anything he hasn't been praised enough.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#129 » by TroyD92 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:19 pm

tigerclan wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:So first Wiggins wasn't alpha enough. Now he's too alpha.

Let's just say that he is perfect fit for the wolves.
For the bucks he wouldn't be perfect. Not with giannis, jabari in the team.
Somebody would have to leave eventually.
At min he is the superstar.

I'd swap Parker and Wiggins 100/100 times. Not that it actually matters at this point.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#130 » by Max Green » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

**** Wiggins.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#131 » by TroyD92 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Max Green wrote:**** Wiggins.

:starwars
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#132 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:30 pm

newerabucks wrote:

Seriously?

Let's see.

Coach of the Year talk for a coach who has his team hovering around .500 in a terrible conference.

People like Max, who pee their pants any time someone says something bad about him.

And people calling him a "great coach". What has he done to be titled "great" exactly?

We're coning off the worst year in Bucks franchise history, with possibly the worst coach we've ever had (Drew). That, coupled with Kidd being a big "name" has many people overrating him.

The amount of "WTF" decisions he's made this year (between off the court moves and gameday decisions) is quite staggering. He's hardly "great".
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#133 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Coaches are evaluated vs. expectations. To say, "he's .500 in a terrible conference, thus he's a bad coach" doesn't take into account the fact that we won 15 games last year, nobody expected anything out of this team, and the team not only is down it's theoretical starting PF (Parker) and C (Sanders), but also made a huge chemistry trade at the deadline.

Are there some rotation issues I'd like changed? Sure. But pretty much every fan base has those questions/concerns. It's clear Kidd knows what he is doing, that the players respect him and play hard for him, and that he's instituted a great defensive scheme with the help of Sweeney. I hope he's here a long time.

The people who aren't admitting he has been really damn good this year obviously have some non-basketball related beef with him. Which is fine, but at least admit it. He's been a top 25% of the NBA coach this year without debate.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#134 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:41 pm

Diggr14 wrote:Drating 114, DBpm -1.8 DWS .1

That's pretty terrible.

he just needs to gain weight.. gets out muscled a ton defensively..
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#135 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:42 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:The amount of "WTF" decisions he's made this year (between off the court moves and gameday decisions) is quite staggering. He's hardly "great".

We went from 30th to 4th in D Rating, with Sanders, by far our most impactful individual defender when he's right, giving the team even less than he did last year. And that rise is because of the system Kidd and Sweeney put in.

The O has pretty much remained stagnant since last year, but before the Knight deal it was well ahead of last year as well. The trade has obviously been a big impact on that in terms of adjustment, and that's a legitimate criticism as of now. I expect it to improve pretty significantly with Parker back, Giannis another year better, and MCW with a full offseason under Kidd.

I mean, we are going to improve by 25-27 wins, and are in the top 5 youngest teams in terms of weighted age. Milwaukee and Utah are the only two teams in the NBA in the top 5 youngest in weighted age and anywhere near .500. What more do you want?
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#136 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:49 pm

LUKE23 wrote:Coaches are evaluated vs. expectations. To say, "he's .500 in a terrible conference, thus he's a bad coach" doesn't take into account the fact that we won 15 games last year, nobody expected anything out of this team, and the team not only is down it's theoretical starting PF (Parker) and C (Sanders), but also made a huge chemistry trade at the deadline.

Are there some rotation issues I'd like changed? Sure. But pretty much every fan base has those questions/concerns. It's clear Kidd knows what he is doing, that the players respect him and play hard for him, and that he's instituted a great defensive scheme with the help of Sweeney. I hope he's here a long time.

The people who aren't admitting he has been really damn good this year obviously have some non-basketball related beef with him. Which is fine, but at least admit it. He's been a top 25% of the NBA coach this year without debate.

I've admitted I don't like Kidd, even as a person. He's the definition of a weasel POS. And there are many reasons for people to think of him this way. For starters, beating the hell out of his wife. I was raised that you never touch a woman. For that alone, he's a terrible person. And then there are other instances of him being an arrogant dick that are well documented.

As far as coaching, like I said, I give him credit for getting his guys to play hard (can this last...will he eventually wear on his players like Skiles did?). I also give him credit for our defensive play. But to me, there are far more negatives than positives. From his game-time decisions to his personnel moves (signing his buddies Bayless and Kenyon).

If people wanna like him, fine. I don't blast people constantly when they compliment him like a few do whenever I criticize him.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#137 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:54 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:But to me, there are far more negatives than positives. From his game-time decisions to his personnel moves (signing his buddies Bayless and Kenyon).

Kenyon was a league minimum signing and Bayless was $3M per year (and he was actually really good as a bench player up until the deadline). I'd be interested to hear the other negatives.

To me, the team has produced above expectations under him and the young players look up to him. He's right out of the league which is a benefit. He has a calm and patient demeanor with players and officials. I had my doubts when we hired him as well, but he's been good. It's really hard to argue otherwise without sounding ignorant.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#138 » by El Duderino » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Dcebucks11 wrote:
really man?? I think Giannis is going to be a better all around player but Wiggins is gonna compete for Scoring titles

One thing that should bode well for Wiggins going forward is that he's been showing the ability to get to the free throw line a ton of late. Guys who can do that can be consistent scorers.

I wouldn't trade him for Giannis, but i did prefer him to Parker before the draft and Wiggins has been better as a rookie than i expected him to be. Since the AS break, he's getting to the line 8 times a game. Didn't see that coming in his rookie season.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#139 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:08 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
LUKE23 wrote:But to me, there are far more negatives than positives. From his game-time decisions to his personnel moves (signing his buddies Bayless and Kenyon).

Kenyon was a league minimum signing and Bayless was $3M per year (and he was actually really good as a bench player up until the deadline). I'd be interested to hear the other negatives.

To me, the team has produced above expectations under him and the young players look up to him. He's right out of the league which is a benefit. He has a calm and patient demeanor with players and officials. I had my doubts when we hired him as well, but he's been good. It's really hard to argue otherwise without sounding ignorant.

The fact that you think signing a walking corpse at 37 years old, who was also Kidd's buddy, was an ok move, is enough for me. And then to say "I'd be interested to hear the other negatives"? Do you think there are none then? There have been plenty...which have been well documented(by many, not just me) in game threads throughout the season.

Also, saying someone is ignorant for not thinking he's a great coach is, well, ignorant.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#140 » by LUKE23 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:28 pm

Kenyon is an irrelevant move, that's the point. It's not a good move but it also doesn't impact anything long term. If that's one of your biggest negatives, you really don't have anything. Like I said, I'm all ears for the real reasons he's not a good coach though.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks