PG: MCW isn't even an NBA player!!!! 107-97

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Re: PG: MCW isn't even an NBA player!!!! 107-97 

Post#81 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:09 am

greekbuck34 wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Why are you guys fighting over MCW again ?
sight.

There is nothing else to fight over anymore!

We cant miss the playoffs.
Kidd won't make anymore mental chess moves until the playoffs.
MCW plays like the PG of the future for a month in a row.

So the next thing for this board is to fight because MCW is playing too great to be true or to be acceptable by his doubters..

We will work it out soon enough. :D

I understand both side, heck im myself not convinced about MCW either especially his passing skills but i like how he is doing in the last games.
I just think many are overreacting at this point,didnt we all agree to give him this summer with Kidd and then jump to eat him ? :lol:
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,044

Post#82 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:11 am

KingWing wrote:
I don't think anybody disagrees with this.

No question. MCW will have to learn to quarterback the team versus play hero ball. Kidd is going to have to drill it out of him and he may not succeed.

But I think the interesting paradox is that hero ball players almost NEVER play defense. That's why it is possible MCW can be molded into a good player for the Bucks. He's just an odd accumulation of skills that usually don't go together. But that's why Kidd was intrigued by him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#83 » by TroyD92 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:14 am

AussieBuck wrote:
BucksIn6ix wrote:
AussieBuck wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hi Mrs Carter Williams.

Hmm, cant comment on his play so you resort to childish insults? Cool.

Sent from my iPod touch using RealGM Forums

The super fans that join the forum after their favourite player are usually friends or family. Is Mr Carter Williams better?

MCW didn't have any super fans we've discussed this.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#84 » by Prince12 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:14 am

MCW has shown far more restraint in the last 6-7 games shooting then he had the first month. Some games his scored 12 points, others like tonight he's scored plenty. I don't care as long as he's not jacking up millions of jumpers. Which he hasnt been as much. Been good to see.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Re: Re: PG: MCW isn't even an NBA player!!!! 107-97 

Post#85 » by Shaffty » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:14 am

KingWing wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
No, I understood everything you said about him hogging the ball.

But some of you guys have bet the farm so big on MCW being the #87th rated point guard in the NBA that it kills you to temper that position a bit and let this play out. He's had a very nice run of games here.

Lol, **** strawman. He's never going to be a good player at 26USG% The only way it's going to play out is if he cuts out the 1/4 of his shots that he has absolutely no business taking.

I don't think anybody disagrees with this.

No one thinks that he should b 26% USG.

Especially our coaching staff
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#86 » by TroyD92 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:15 am

Prince12 wrote:MCW has shown far more restraint in the last 6-7 games shooting then he had the first month. Some games his scored 12 points, others like tonight he's scored plenty. I don't care as long as he's not jacking up millions of jumpers. Which he hasnt been as much. Been good to see.

Agreed. He's looked much more in control which has given me a lot of hope. I'd still prefer he never shoots a jumpshot, but I suppose thats unrealistic.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,121

Post#87 » by Shaffty » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:18 am

TroyD92 wrote:
Prince12 wrote:MCW has shown far more restraint in the last 6-7 games shooting then he had the first month. Some games his scored 12 points, others like tonight he's scored plenty. I don't care as long as he's not jacking up millions of jumpers. Which he hasnt been as much. Been good to see.

Agreed. He's looked much more in control which has given me a lot of hope. I'd still prefer he never shoots a jumpshot, but I suppose thats unrealistic.

When you run pick and roll and both guys go with the roll man and you have an open jumper by like 10 feet. You have to take it.

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#88 » by TroyD92 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:21 am

Shaffty wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

When you run pick and roll and both guys go with the roll man and you have an open jumper by like 10 feet. You have to take it.

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app

Unfortunately he misses it 75% of the time.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#89 » by mattg » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:24 am

I just don't get why people are so impressed with MCW's post game. Sure he punishes teams who choose to guard him 1on1 with sub 6 foot guards with no help, but he turns it over literally 50% of the time when teams bring a 2nd defender, his passing is piss poor and he forces shots. Do people here actually legitimately think that is going to translate against good teams? MCW beats up the ish smiths and Isaiah Thomas's of the world 1on1, cool.

We've also been talking about the bench crapping the bed since the deadline basically, yet people are surprised when MCW goes out and we put in scrub lords like bayless or Ennis that the team sucks? We can't be that dense can we?

This run by MCW isn't him turning the corner, he's been pulling this stuff since day 1 in the nba. Play well for a stretch then follow it up with garbage play for a while. Maybe eventually people will realize that MCW can't be a high usage player if you want him to be effective, he will lose you more games than he will win you. His 12 point outing the other day was probably twice as impressive a game than the one tonight in terms of projecting him going forward.
newerabucks
Senior
And1: 130

Post#90 » by newerabucks » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:29 am

Magic Giannison wrote:paschke is fine, Sid needs to gtfo tho.
I think they're both the worst. And McGlocklin is awful as well. Wouldn't it be great to get some new blood to go along with an up and coming team? I enjoy Ted Davis in spite of his sometimes over-the-top homerosity. Just simulcast him - he's 1 trillion times better than the tv guys who I literally have to mute because they all suck so badly.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#91 » by Magic Giannison » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:33 am

newerabucks wrote:
I think they're both the worst. And McGlocklin is awful as well. Wouldn't it be great to get some new blood to go along with an up and coming team? I enjoy Ted Davis in spite of his sometimes over-the-top homerosity. Just simulcast him - he's 1 trillion times better than the tv guys who I literally have to mute because they all suck so badly.

Maybe because Jim is better than Sid and it makes him look better but he doesn't annoy me like Sid does, Sid is simply unbearable sometimes .
Ted Davis and Sparky, calling it hahaha
newerabucks
Senior
And1: 130

Post#92 » by newerabucks » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:38 am

VooDoo7 wrote:Whether you like MCW or not...or don't think he'll amount to much in his career, you have to admit that he's strung together some very impressive games lately.
Absolutely. I was very skeptical about him - now at least I have some hope that he could pay dividends. And I like that he seems to have already developed some real chemistry with Giannis - that's exciting.
zjl3
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#93 » by zjl3 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:40 am

MCW frustrates me, but at least he isn't disimproving under Kidd.
zjl3
Sophomore

Post#94 » by zjl3 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:42 am

newerabucks wrote:

Milwaukee is lucky to have had Jim/Jon for so long, along with a legend like Sid who has embraced being a former Milwaukee athlete.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#95 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:45 am

zjl3 wrote:
newerabucks wrote:

Milwaukee is lucky to have had Jim/Jon for so long, along with a legend like Sid who has embraced being a former Milwaukee athlete.

We were lucky to have Sid as a player. As a commentator, not so much.
zjl3
Sophomore

Post#96 » by zjl3 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:47 am

VooDoo7 wrote:
zjl3 wrote:
newerabucks wrote:I think they're both the worst. And McGlocklin is awful as well. Wouldn't it be great to get some new blood to go along with an up and coming team? I enjoy Ted Davis in spite of his sometimes over-the-top homerosity. Just simulcast him - he's 1 trillion times better than the tv guys who I literally have to mute because they all suck so badly.

Milwaukee is trying to own the future. New jerseys. New coaches. New players. A part of owning the future is giving guys like Sid the time they need to develop into great broadcasters. He has a ton of potential with his experience and ability to speak competent English.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#97 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:50 am

zjl3 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
zjl3 wrote:

Milwaukee is trying to own the future. New jerseys. New coaches. New players. A part of owning the future is giving guys like Sid the time they need to develop into great broadcasters. He has a ton of potential with his experience and ability to speak competent English.
OK, now I'm not sure if you're being serious or just being funny.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,659

Post#98 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:50 am

mattg wrote:I just don't get why people are so impressed with MCW's post game. Sure he punishes teams who choose to guard him 1on1 with sub 6 foot guards with no help, but he turns it over literally 50% of the time when teams bring a 2nd defender, his passing is piss poor and he forces shots. Do people here actually legitimately think that is going to translate against good teams? MCW beats up the ish smiths and Isaiah Thomas's of the world 1on1, cool.

We've also been talking about the bench crapping the bed since the deadline basically, yet people are surprised when MCW goes out and we put in scrub lords like bayless or Ennis that the team sucks? We can't be that dense can we?

This run by MCW isn't him turning the corner, he's been pulling this stuff since day 1 in the nba. Play well for a stretch then follow it up with garbage play for a while. Maybe eventually people will realize that MCW can't be a high usage player if you want him to be effective, he will lose you more games than he will win you. His 12 point outing the other day was probably twice as impressive a game than the one tonight in terms of projecting him going forward.

Since like, a year and a half ago? This is what gets me about the people dumping on MCW. You talk about the kid as if he's some 6-year veteran and the book's already been written on him. Never mind that he hasn't even completed two full 82-game seasons of NBA basketball.

I don't believe that MCW will never be a much better player for the same reason as to why I didn't write off Khris Middleton as just a MLE contract "role player" in his 2nd year...
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,733

Post#99 » by Serge28 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:50 am

zjl3 wrote:He has a ton of potential with his experience and ability to speak competent English.

:rofl:
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#100 » by BucksFanSD » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:52 am

I can't understand why the board always needs someone on the team to dislike so strongly. I always thought if you're a Bucks fan you should root for your own Bucks players. As PP25 mentioned MCW brings on the ball defense just about every night. He doesn't always look to score, but if he's feeling it then like most players he's going to go for it. Obviously he has some flaws but hey the starters have been doing well right? And that's without our starting front court that we'll have next year.

Sometimes I feel like we get caught up more on who we said is going to do what vs just enjoying the games and rooting for our own players. Go Bucks.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks