ImageImage

Should Taj Gibson be suspended for Game 2?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Re: Should Taj Gibson be suspended for Game 2? 

Post#41 » by Badgerlander » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:50 pm

That's crazy, #FreeZaza
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#42 » by BobbyLight » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:57 pm

Which "shot" are we talking about? Because the elbow Zaza "threw" was really Nikola ramming his head into Zaza's elbow. If Zaza gets suspended for that while Gibson did not get suspended for an elbow he actually threw on purpose, I will quietly be angry to myself.

If you're suspending him for throwing his body back into Nikola on the ground, then suspend Nikola as well because he was going for the reach around and then shoved (thus escalating) Zaza in the back.

Hopefully he gets suspended for neither, because he didn't do anything worth being suspended for.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#43 » by pylb » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:09 pm

BobbyLight wrote:Which "shot" are we talking about? Because the elbow Zaza "threw" was really Nikola ramming his head into Zaza's elbow. If Zaza gets suspended for that while Gibson did not get suspended for an elbow he actually threw on purpose, I will quietly be angry to myself.

If you're suspending him for throwing his body back into Nikola on the ground, then suspend Nikola as well because he was going for the reach around and then shoved (thus escalating) Zaza in the back.

Hopefully he gets suspended for neither, because he didn't do anything worth being suspended for.

I don't want Zaza suspended, but he didn't just "throw his body back into Nikola on the ground", he swung his left elbow back into Niko's face. Niko was just committing a regular reaching foul. And deserved the T he got for the push.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#44 » by Badgerlander » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:14 pm

pylb wrote:
BobbyLight wrote:Which "shot" are we talking about? Because the elbow Zaza "threw" was really Nikola ramming his head into Zaza's elbow. If Zaza gets suspended for that while Gibson did not get suspended for an elbow he actually threw on purpose, I will quietly be angry to myself.

I don't want Zaza suspended, but he didn't just "throw his body back into Nikola on the ground", he swung his left elbow back into Niko's face. Niko was just committing a regular reaching foul. And deserved the T he got for the push.

i dont see an elbow

Spoiler:

BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#45 » by BobbyLight » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:20 pm

I don't see an elbow, either. I do believe that Zaza knew what he was doing, or at least did what he tried to do. But I'll again point to the fact that Gibson clearly broke the letter of the law and didn't get a suspension (which I am fine with, it wasn't super excessive imo). No suspension for Gibson = no suspension for Zaza as well.

Zaza earned his T on that play. That's what it should be left at.
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#46 » by Badgerlander » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:40 pm

It was tweeted 18 hours ago which was right around when the game ended, bet Stu was hacked and has no idea. I would think the Bucks would have released something since they were included in that tweet. Plus what em said

Spoiler:

Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#47 » by Nebula1 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:45 pm

Gotta love Big 10 basketball.
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,431

Post#48 » by Rendei » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Badgerlander wrote:It's too late now on Taj, and Zaza better not be suspended since Taj wasn't, but by rule they both probably should've been ejected instead of the flagrant 1 and tech. I thought Taj's was a little more serious than Zaza's personally, but I'm probably bias.

Lol no bias about it. I didn't really expect Taj to get suspended, but Zaza getting suspended would be a complete joke after nothing happened to Taj. I have yet to see anyone who's not a Bulls fan think otherwise.

But in any case, if the refs aren't going to protect the players, the players will protect each other. The precedent was set in game 1.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks