And1: 6,978

Re: Damien Inglis 

Post#21 » by Badgerlander » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:56 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXkUOmfmj74[/youtube]
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,009

Post#22 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:57 pm

A bunch of us liked him before the draft and were pretty stoked to land him. I have no idea if he'll end up being a useful NBA player, but the size and skill set were really, really intriguing. If he's grown? With that frame?

:droop:

Like I said, I have no idea if he'll amount to anything, but I could spend the summer day dreaming we've got a 6'11" dude with some point forward skills.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,721

Post#23 » by emunney » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:00 pm

Newz wrote:
emunney wrote:Why would you be shocked?

Because second round picks usually aren't good players?

How good is good? Good enough to hold down 20-30 minutes on a good team? I don't think it's rare enough to be shocking. Particularly early in the 2nd, like the 31st pick. Give me a minute to find the list.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#24 » by Newz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:02 pm

emunney wrote:
Newz wrote:

Because second round picks usually aren't good players?

How good is good? Good enough to hold down 20-30 minutes on a good team? I don't think it's rare enough to be shocking. Particularly early in the 2nd, like the 31st pick. Give me a minute to find the list.

Good enough to play 30 minutes is a starter. Yeah, that would be awesome out of a second round pick. I hope he's that good... it's certainly not what I expect though.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,458

Post#25 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:04 pm

Second rounder. Unimpressive video footage. Born skeptic.

Also watching him limp around all season isn't exactly inspiring to me.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#26 » by xTitan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:07 pm

I like foreign kids, wouldn't be opposed to finding a good, foreign big, but looking at DI, he is fluid, strong, skilled, explosive...all for a 19 year old kid.....looks like an excellent prospect to me.
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#27 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:09 pm

Let me calibrate "shocked". If he turns into Thabo Sefolosha, that wouldn't shock me. If he turns into a Nick Batum, that would.

Look at that face. Even he has doubts.

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
emunney
RealGM

Post#28 » by emunney » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:10 pm

The list is not good for the 31st pick. Lol.

http://www.draftexpress.com/NBA-draft-p ... ts/31/PER/
SupremeHustle
RealGM

Post#29 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:11 pm

But maybe I'm completely wrong about him, anyway. I thought he was a 2/3 but it sounds like he's a 3/4. I really have no idea about him. Maybe he's Luke Walton.
Cooleyo47
Rookie
And1: 523

Post#30 » by Cooleyo47 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Hammond's got a draft MO...

Try to get "value" (relatively unknown international player (Giannis, Inglis), early entrants (Tobes), etc) with above average size/length for position (exception being Jennings).
emunney
RealGM

Post#31 » by emunney » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:11 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Let me calibrate "shocked". If he turns into Thabo Sefolosha, that wouldn't shock me. If he turns into a Nick Batum, that would.

Look at that face. Even he has doubts.

You must really like the new logo to have given up this avatar. I think he's just concerned about the forced contradiction of the image composition.

FWIW, I was just wondering if it was because of the foot or something else. For me, the foot is an enormous question mark and the reason I really haven't even been thinking about Inglis.
emunney
RealGM

Post#32 » by emunney » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:14 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:But maybe I'm completely wrong about him, anyway. I thought he was a 2/3 but it sounds like he's a 3/4. I really have no idea about him. Maybe he's Luke Walton.

I think the hope is probably Jeff Green with defense. Or Kawhi if you're feeling really generous.
Cooleyo47
Rookie
And1: 523

Post#33 » by Cooleyo47 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:17 pm

Try to get "value" (relatively unknown international player (Giannis, Inglis), early entrants (Tobes), etc) with above average size/length for position (exception being Jennings).

Which is also why Hammond picks so many positional "tweeners;" because he selects players that grow out of their original position...

Sanders (PF to C)
Henson (PF to C)
Tobes (SF to PF)
Giannis (SG/SF to PF)
Inglis (TBD)
Jabari (SF to PF)
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#34 » by Treebeard » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Cooleyo47 wrote:

Which is also why Hammond picks so many positional "tweeners;" because he selects players that grow out of their original position...

Sanders (PF to C)
Henson (PF to C)
Tobes (SF to PF)
Giannis (SG/SF to PF)
Inglis (TBD)
Jabari (SF to PF)

:wink: To be fair, that's an inherent condition that goes with the typical one-and-done guys. Many of them aren't done growing up and filling out when they're drafted.
bigdog34
Senior
And1: 96

Damien Inglis 

Post#35 » by bigdog34 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Badgerlander wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXkUOmfmj74[/youtube]

MVP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,576

Post#36 » by JayMKE » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Inglis is intriguing, he hasn't proven anything obviously but the guy has a great NBA body and some decent skills at just 19. If he has actually grown then he'd be total monster physically, I'd just be fine if he could be replacement for Ersan tho. Remember that he got injured before the draft, this kid probably goes in the 1st if he doesn't hurt his foot and he was the 1st pick of the 2nd any way. He's a better prospect Ennis imo.
FREE GIANNIS
Toodles1980
Junior
And1: 177

Post#37 » by Toodles1980 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:50 pm

To me Damien Inglis is fun, just because he's such a crapshoot. He could be an absolute nothing, he could be something special, or anywhere in between, and I have no idea or expectations. Worst case he's a blown second rounder, best case he's Giannis lite. Either way, no risk.

Isn't he supposed to have a decent outside shot, or am I mis-remembering something.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#38 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:53 pm

emunney wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:But maybe I'm completely wrong about him, anyway. I thought he was a 2/3 but it sounds like he's a 3/4. I really have no idea about him. Maybe he's Luke Walton.

I think the hope is probably Jeff Green with defense. Or Kawhi if you're feeling really generous.

Ron Artest would also be a great comparison if he somehow becomes a major player.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#39 » by xTitan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
emunney wrote:

Ron Artest would also be a great comparison if he somehow becomes a major player.

he is at least 6'9" with a handle....I am feeling Billy Owens
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#40 » by Treebeard » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:08 pm

JayMKE wrote:Inglis is intriguing, he hasn't proven anything obviously but the guy has a great NBA body and some decent skills at just 19. If he has actually grown then he'd be total monster physically, I'd just be fine if he could be replacement for Ersan tho. Remember that he got injured before the draft, this kid probably goes in the 1st if he doesn't hurt his foot and he was the 1st pick of the 2nd any way. He's a better prospect Ennis imo.

He's kind of our Schroedinger's Cat...... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger's_cat He can be presumed to be simultaneously a bust/allstar.... :lol:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks