ImageImage

ESPN: What Does Kidd See in MCW? (Team USA pg12)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,390

Re: ESPN: What Does Kidd See in MCW? (Team USA pg12) 

Post#421 » by randy84 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:Turn into to peak Eric Snow and I'd consider it a win.

Too bad we don't have prime Allen Iverson to go with him.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#422 » by Prez » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:48 pm

randy84 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Turn into to peak Eric Snow and I'd consider it a win.

Too bad we don't have prime Allen Iverson to go with him.

Not currently. But we have 2 guys with the potential to be better.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#423 » by Badgerlander » Mon Aug 3, 2015 11:13 pm

Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#424 » by SpursNBucks » Mon Aug 3, 2015 11:31 pm

Badgerlander wrote:http://www.stack.com/video/4389714254001/offseason-training-with-michael-carterwilliams/

i hope he proves the haters wrong.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,922

Post#425 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Aug 3, 2015 11:41 pm

The 500/700 made jump shots is encouraging. Hope that's actually happening.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#426 » by TroyD92 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 11:43 pm

SpursNBucks wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:http://www.stack.com/video/4389714254001/offseason-training-with-michael-carterwilliams/

How are we haters for calling him what he is?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,704

Post#427 » by AussieBuck » Mon Aug 3, 2015 11:44 pm

Holy partial reps Batman!
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#428 » by Ill-yasova » Tue Aug 4, 2015 12:32 am

AussieBuck wrote:Holy partial reps Batman!

Touch the chest MCW!!!!!
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,658

Post#429 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Aug 4, 2015 1:15 am

TroyD92 wrote:
SpursNBucks wrote:

How are we haters for calling him what he is?

Yeah it really is pretty much an optimist vs realist thing going on.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#430 » by Zeezprah » Tue Aug 4, 2015 1:30 am

Ill-yasova wrote:

Touch the chest MCW!!!!!

he's 6'5 with a 6'7, he gets a pass

little easier for us average height dudes :lol:
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#431 » by AussieBuck » Tue Aug 4, 2015 1:37 am

Zeezprah wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:

Touch the chest MCW!!!!!

Don't really see the relevance, I don't think if I gained 2 inches of wingspan I'd suddenly only be able to do less than half reps. He's just got a really **** trainer I guess. About the only thing he was doing to full range was bicep curls! :lol:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Zeezprah
Analyst

Post#432 » by Zeezprah » Tue Aug 4, 2015 2:33 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Zeezprah wrote:
Ill-yasova wrote:Touch the chest MCW!!!!!

Don't really see the relevance, I don't think if I gained 2 inches of wingspan I'd suddenly only be able to do less than half reps. He's just got a really **** trainer I guess. About the only thing he was doing to full range was bicep curls! :lol:

well just mathematically longer-limbed dudes have much longer to move the weight. not really what to say other than it's truth. i've played all sports with all different types of dudes and i've never seen a 6'6 guy have it as easy as a 5'6 guy when it comes to lifting weights. there's a reason most IFBB pros are 5'8-5'10 and not taller.

not even to mention there's different variations of bench (not just grip) that target different muscle groups. contrary to popular belief, there's really nothing inherently wrong with partial reps. especially if someone has a specific muscle group that is lagging in development. i'm betting that wasn't his intent, but i'm just saying, i'll personally give him slack there.

but yea, the curls are pretty pointless from an athletic standpoint, not really sure why he was doing like 100 different curl variations. he needs to spend more time with suki.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,969

Post#433 » by drew881 » Tue Aug 4, 2015 2:39 am

Zeezprah wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Zeezprah wrote:

well just mathematically longer-limbed dudes have much longer to move the weight. not really what to say other than it's truth. i've played all sports with all different types of dudes and i've never seen a 6'6 guy have it as easy as a 5'6 guy when it comes to lifting weights. there's a reason most IFBB pros are 5'8-5'10 and not taller.

not even to mention there's different variations of bench (not just grip) that target different muscle groups. contrary to popular belief, there's really nothing inherently wrong with partial reps. especially if someone has a specific muscle group that is lagging in development. i'm betting that wasn't his intent, but i'm just saying, i'll personally give him slack there.

but yea, the curls are pretty pointless from an athletic standpoint, not really sure why he was doing like 100 different curl variations. he needs to spend more time with suki.

Probably has to do with the torn labrum? I'm guessing he is doing better extension with lower weight groups.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#434 » by Prez » Tue Aug 4, 2015 2:42 am

The fact that they keep bringing up how his shoulder injury ruined his last offseason training tells me that it actually was a big factor. Don't know MCW as a player that well but he doesn't seem like the type of guy to make excuses unless they're genuine. Hoping that this is all for real and he really is making the best of a healthy summer. That part about making 500-700 jumpers better not be fluff.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#435 » by AussieBuck » Tue Aug 4, 2015 2:49 am

Zeezprah wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Zeezprah wrote:

The pushups, bench and shoulder press were all only going down 1/2 way or less IIRC, just looks like someone doing stuff wrong when it's pretty much everything in the video unless that's his full range post injury, which could explain his ugly launching shooting form. The curls could be related to the shoulder injury actually now that I think about it. :oops: I remember a former colleague talking about the issues he had with his bicep tendon after shoulder surgery.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Zeezprah
Analyst

Post#436 » by Zeezprah » Tue Aug 4, 2015 2:52 am

drew881 wrote:
Zeezprah wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Don't really see the relevance, I don't think if I gained 2 inches of wingspan I'd suddenly only be able to do less than half reps. He's just got a really **** trainer I guess. About the only thing he was doing to full range was bicep curls! :lol:

Probably has to do with the torn labrum? I'm guessing he is doing better extension with lower weight groups.

i forgot all about that. that would make perfect sense.
Zeezprah
Analyst

Post#437 » by Zeezprah » Tue Aug 4, 2015 2:56 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Zeezprah wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Don't really see the relevance, I don't think if I gained 2 inches of wingspan I'd suddenly only be able to do less than half reps. He's just got a really **** trainer I guess. About the only thing he was doing to full range was bicep curls! :lol:

The pushups, bench and shoulder press were all only going down 1/2 way or less IIRC, just looks like someone doing stuff wrong when it's pretty much everything in the video unless that's his full range post injury, which could explain his ugly launching shooting form. The curls could be related to the shoulder injury actually now that I think about it. :oops: I remember a former colleague talking about the issues he had with his bicep tendon after shoulder surgery.

i just hope he's getting plenty of time with our actual strength and conditioning staff. i'm reading about all the stuff suki is doing and it's pretty awesome. nice resource our owners really seem to be really invested in. i think if all our guys put the work in with that staff, we'll have one of the best conditioned teams in the league.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#438 » by Bernman » Tue Aug 4, 2015 3:00 am

Just to clarify, not 500 of 700. He had a goal to make 500 a day before he stops, 700 on Saturday. But the emphasis is good. It's a positive to finally hear that.

As well as him working on strength. Because that's another area he really needed it for the 3-pt shot and getting an edge on opponents off the dribble.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#439 » by AussieBuck » Tue Aug 4, 2015 3:03 am

Zeezprah wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Zeezprah wrote:

i just hope he's getting plenty of time with our actual strength and conditioning staff. i'm reading about all the stuff suki is doing and it's pretty awesome. nice resource our owners really seem to be really invested in. i think if all our guys put the work in with that staff, we'll have one of the best conditioned teams in the league.

Having proper strength and conditioning staff is my favorite thing that happened this offseason. I'm hoping MCW has just made a bad hire for his personal training and it isn't that he doesn't have full range of movement this far removed from his shoulder surgery.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

ESPN: What Does Kidd See in MCW? (Team USA pg12) 

Post#440 » by mke_design » Tue Aug 4, 2015 3:40 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Zeezprah wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:The pushups, bench and shoulder press were all only going down 1/2 way or less IIRC, just looks like someone doing stuff wrong when it's pretty much everything in the video unless that's his full range post injury, which could explain his ugly launching shooting form. The curls could be related to the shoulder injury actually now that I think about it. :oops: I remember a former colleague talking about the issues he had with his bicep tendon after shoulder surgery.

Having proper strength and conditioning staff is my favorite thing that happened this offseason. I'm hoping MCW has just made a bad hire for his personal training and it isn't that he doesn't have full range of movement this far removed from his shoulder surgery.

I don't think his trainers would be as incompetent as to not understand what full range vs partial reps are doing/not doing. Also, this is a video to showcase MCW and if he's putting big weights on to show off while doing partial reps most people won't know the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Milwaukee Bucks