ImageImage

Would the Bucks ever consider trading Giannis or Parker?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MontaHaveABall
Freshman
And1: 12

Re: Would the Bucks ever consider trading Giannis or Parker? 

Post#81 » by MontaHaveABall » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:13 pm

This 'here are the players I would trade Parker for' thing is pointless.

There is no point. Are you guys going to post a list of the supermodels you'd sell your houses for next?
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#82 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:19 pm

I remember when Jennings and Yi were even bigger future stars than Parker is now. Gotta love this place. Some people here probably still think Tim Thomas is a future superstar. Guess that's what being a fan is all about.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Re: Re: Re: 

Post#83 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:20 pm

MontaHaveABall wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
MontaHaveABall wrote:Now, when our best chance at getting that kind of guy is just waiting for next year to start, people want to trade him.

Yes, keep up this strawman.

Having a handful of players you would trade Parker for is different from actively wanting to trade him. The only person advocating that is coolhandluke.

And you, who would trade him for Gobert. He's also been traded for Wiggins in this thread.

I don't even need a straw man, dude. The reality is ridiculous enough.

Your blind homerism is whats ridiculous. Gobert is contentious, sure. Wiggins went over Parker, was the better prospect to begin with, and has two functioning ACLs.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
dc634
Senior
And1: 150

Post#84 » by dc634 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:23 pm

I would trade him for Gobert as well. I'd have to think long and hard about Embiid though and would have to be shown definitively that his foot injuries aren't expected to continue to linger.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#85 » by H2tObes » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Jabari was the among the best college basketball players in the nation as a freshman. Jabari has been touted as future superstar since high school. He has skills offensively that you only see out of truly great players. Are we supposed to never be excited about a #2 draft pick because Jennings put up 55 as a rookie? Are you not convinced Jabari will be a very good offensive player, something we need desperately?
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man
And1: 339

Post#86 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:30 pm

people who say they would trade parker for gobert should take a timeout for a week. your probably the same people i argued with about Embiid last season. your all prisoner of the moment.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:32 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:people who say they would trade parker for gobert should take a timeout for a week. your probably the same people i argued with about Embiid last season. your all prisoner of the moment.

Can't argue with this logic, mods plz ban me for a week.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man

Post#88 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:37 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:
Bucks_MacGyver wrote:people who say they would trade parker for gobert should take a timeout for a week. your probably the same people i argued with about Embiid last season. your all prisoner of the moment.

lol....all I'm saying is I think you people havent seen Parker for a long time now and your forgetting what he brings to this team. Also most of you are so quick to jump onto the next hot thing in the NBA, it gets annoying at times.
dc634
Senior
And1: 150

Post#89 » by dc634 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Embiid is still really really good though. That hasn't changed.
MontaHaveABall
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#90 » by MontaHaveABall » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Gobert does one thing: block shots. He has no offensive upside.

Do we really need yet another plus defender with limited offensive tools? That's insane.

In the end, who even gives a d***? Parker is here, he isn't going anywhere, and no matter how long you stay in your fantasy world, that isn't changing.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:

lol....all I'm saying is I think you people havent seen Parker for a long time now you forgot what he brings to this team. Also most of you are so quick to jump onto the next hot thing in the NBA, it gets annoying at times.

Saying there are 6-8 players I would trade Parker isn't forgetting what he did or how good he can be. He's not **** Anthony Davis.

Your rhetoric is extremely empty. Why is Gobert being the "next hot thing" a bad thing? Is it because he was picked 27th instead of top 3 like he should have been, so his full season of unequivocally elite all-around defense and rebounding must be a flash in the pan? If someone else said they wouldn't trade their young prospect for Giannis because Giannis is just "the next hot thing" people here would have a massive bitch fit. Rightfully so. Well, Gobert is Utah's Giannis. Provided he stays healthy he has multiple DPoYs written all over him. Maybe even all-NBAs.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#92 » by breakchains » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:20 pm

:confused:

Embiid was the consensus top prospect by the end of the lead-up to the draft, even with his back injury. It wasn't until the navicular bone injury that came out the week of the draft that he fell behind Wiggins and Parker, and even then, he only fell to 3 (which shows how great of a prospect he was), and I predict Sixers fans will thank their lucky stars for a long long time that they ended up with the #3 pick.

He is going to wreck the league.
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#93 » by Buck Dweller » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:21 pm

MontaHaveABall wrote:Gobert does one thing: block shots. He has no offensive upside.

Do we really need yet another plus defender with limited offensive tools? That's insane.

In the end, who even gives a d***? Parker is here, he isn't going anywhere, and no matter how long you stay in your fantasy world, that isn't changing.

Yeah, the last thing this team needs is to give up our only pure scorer for yet another defensive player. We've got our defense, this team needs scoring.

Sent from my iPod touch using RealGM Forums
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,847

Post#94 » by coolhandluke121 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Bucks_MacGyver wrote:

lol....all I'm saying is I think you people havent seen Parker for a long time now and your forgetting what he brings to this team. Also most of you are so quick to jump onto the next hot thing in the NBA, it gets annoying at times.

Maybe Parker himself is "the next hot thing" that people are jumping onto? I agree it gets annoying at times. I went through the same thing when people lost their minds over Yi and Jennings on here, and that was after they had played more good basketball than Parker has so far. For the record, I think Parker is better than them and I don't think he'll bust unless he has chronic injury and conditioning problems - but he very well could, and that has to be taken into account.

People keep passing him off as some kind of elite prospect and saying that he was the #2 pick in a great draft. Well, that draft hasn't been considered great since halfway through Wiggins's and Parker's freshman years, and that was before Embiid, Parker, and Aaron Gordon all suffered major leg injuries. Wiggins and Parker were hyped in high school because the media are like that nowadays. There's nothing about their freshman seasons that warranted that kind of hype or "best draft in recent memory" status. There are drafts and prospects like this all the time. He might turn out to be better than the majority of them or worse, but the smart money is on him being somewhere in between. Which is good, but not great and certainly not untradeable. I just don't see how a really good scorer with major flaws in other areas is so obviously untradeable. It's a moot point because they won't get fair value for him until he proves he's healthy, but if someone offers the #1 pick for him I think you'd be crazy not to take it given all the factors at play. It won't happen though, because any team with the #1 pick would probably hang up the phone on you if that was your proposal.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant

Re: 

Post#95 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:31 pm

MontaHaveABall wrote:Gobert does one thing: block shots. He has no offensive upside.

Parker does one thing: score points. He has no defensive or playmaking upside.

See how stupid that sounds? I don't even feel strongly enough about preferring Gobert to Parker to actually argue with someone about it itself, but your evaluation of him is something I'd expect to see on Facebook. Or ESPN.com. Or heavily downvoted on reddit. Maybe that place is more your speed going by the quality of your discourse so far.

This is a hypothetical discussion. I'm aware that Parker isn't going anywhere and I don't want him to. But he is not a Davis or LBJ-level prospect. He has clear holes in his game. He has physical limitations. He was not a consensus best talent in his draft. He tore his ACL 27 games into his career. Sorry if you can't deal with any of this well enough to not throw a fit about it when people disagree. But if you don't like it you don't have to post.

Saying there are only 5 players IN THE WORLD I would trade him for without hesitation, and maybe 2-3 more after thinking about it, is supposed to be a compliment. The fact you seem to equate this to me wanting to salary dump him is telling about how much objectivity you can muster up.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#96 » by Zeezprah » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:35 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I remember when Jennings and Yi were even bigger future stars than Parker is now. Gotta love this place. Some people here probably still think Tim Thomas is a future superstar. Guess that's what being a fan is all about.

you do realize jabari is considered one of the best draft prospects of all time?

this isn't just bucks fans

"but these past guys!!11!"

logic of prosperity
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#97 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:36 pm

I think its bad juju to trade either giannis or Jabari for another elite prospect with the motive being that of a better fit. we could revisit it as early as the middle of next season..... but right now id pass without really investigating it.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#98 » by breakchains » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Yeah, Jabari is an amazing prospect in his own right and I personally would still take him over Wiggins. He probably would have been putting up 20 ppg in these playoffs.
Bucks_MacGyver
Sixth Man

Post#99 » by Bucks_MacGyver » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:41 pm

I love Gobert but I feel if you trade parker for him all your doing is addition by subtraction. Gobert is a center we are looking for but if it means trading parker then no thanks. We kind find a better way.
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#100 » by Buck Dweller » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:46 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:

Parker does one thing: score points. He has no defensive or playmaking upside.

See how stupid that sounds? I don't even feel strongly enough about preferring Gobert to Parker to actually argue with someone about it itself, but your evaluation of him is something I'd expect to see on Facebook. Or ESPN.com. Or heavily downvoted on reddit. Maybe that place is more your speed going by the quality of your discourse so far.

This is a hypothetical discussion. I'm aware that Parker isn't going anywhere and I don't want him to. But he is not a Davis or LBJ-level prospect. He has clear holes in his game. He has physical limitations. He was not a consensus best talent in his draft. He tore his ACL 27 games into his career. Sorry if you can't deal with any of this well enough to not throw a fit about it when people disagree. But if you don't like it you don't have to post.

Saying there are only 5 players IN THE WORLD I would trade him for without hesitation, and maybe 2-3 more after thinking about it, is supposed to be a compliment. The fact you seem to equate this to me wanting to salary dump him is telling about how much objectivity you can muster up.

This team doesn't need a shot blocker at all.

This team ABSOLUTELY needs a scorer.

Sent from my iPod touch using RealGM Forums

Return to Milwaukee Bucks