ImageImage

Bucks players you met and your experiences

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Re: Bucks players you met and your experiences 

Post#121 » by LUKE23 » Tue May 5, 2015 7:41 pm

I loved that job. Awesome music, and interesting clientele to say the least. It was pretty much known as the last bar people would hit, so we'd see people hitting the peak of their stupor.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#122 » by HurricaneKid » Tue May 5, 2015 7:45 pm

Yeah it was empty until atleast 11:30. Same with Shenans. I normally ended my evenings there.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#123 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue May 5, 2015 7:53 pm

I went to brothers for happy hours many days right after class on lower campus. Many times I had to pickup my backpack from Brothers when they opened the next day. Went to Shenans and Pioneer here and there, but mostly stuck to Cam & Mogies and house parties. Good times. Great to know we got some BluGolds here on the board.

Went up there 2 summers ago and spent the night out on Water St. Hit Mogies for a cowboy burger and then went to Pioneer which was the only bar with people there. It was rocking and I was the old guy talking about my college days. Ha.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#124 » by HurricaneKid » Tue May 5, 2015 8:06 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I went to brothers for happy hours many days right after class on lower campus. Many times I had to pickup my backpack from Brothers when they opened the next day. Went to Shenans and Pioneer here and there, but mostly stuck to Cam & Mogies and house parties. Good times. Great to know we got some BluGolds here on the board.

Went up there 2 summers ago and spent the night out on Water St. Hit Mogies for a cowboy burger and then went to Pioneer which was the only bar with people there. It was rocking and I was the old guy talking about my college days. Ha.

Yeah I miss the free darts and free popcorn with 3 beers/$1 (wed). Especially when I was getting paid for it.

With my little brother there I lived out the old guy at college bars for a few years. Grossly uncomfortable even thinking about it.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
TheShark
Ballboy
And1: 20

Bucks players you met and your experiences 

Post#125 » by TheShark » Tue May 5, 2015 8:54 pm

First post ever on here. But I work at Walgreens by the cousins center. I've met a ton of the guys. So I'll add something here.

BJ3: kinda quiet dude. Pretty arrogant in the way he presented himself but never overly rude. Strangest thing he bought was Nair and condoms.

Monta: real cocky guy. Not very nice. Never forget him driving his Bentley in a blizzard. Once bought a drug test for opiates lol.

Larry: Awesome guy. He was always down to talk and have a real conversation. Once gave me 20 bucks for the hell of it. I always enjoyed Larry coming in.

Giannis: I've never actually met Giannis but his brother and parents come in all the time. They're awesome. Really really nice people.

Inglis: comes in once in a while. Almost feel bad for him because you can tell he's still adjusting to living here (rough English). But he's very kind.

Parker: really nice dude. Very quiet as everyone always says he is. Apparently he likes to go laser tagging by the airport. Really good sport about the fans attention.

Miroslav: my favorite. Drove a Mini Cooper and would buy cartons of marlboros. Can't top that.

Mayo: another really nice guy. I remember some kids saw him and screamed "oh my god it's OJ MAYO!" And he went up to them and shook their hands. Took a picture and signed some autographs.

K-Mart: man he was a treat. No filter on that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#126 » by MadBlueEdwards » Tue May 5, 2015 9:24 pm

TheShark wrote:Miroslav: my favorite. Drove a Mini Cooper and would buy cartons of marlboros. Can't top that.

This is hilarious. Makes me wonder how many players in the league smoke cigarettes. Probably all of the European guys and Zach LaVine.

Great info. Thanks for sharing all of that.
chile
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#127 » by chile » Tue May 5, 2015 9:31 pm

Epke Udoh was standing behind me in security at Mitchell right after his last season here. I asked him where he was going and he said Baylor. I told him he can't leave Milwaukee now because this is the best time of year (starting to really get warm). Basically told me he couldn't stand the cold.

Took shots with Larry Sanders at 720 (before he got in trouble). Bought a bunch of shots for my friends and Larry was in the area so we invited him over to take one. He asked what the shot was, shrugged his shoulders then drank it.

Ran into Tobias Harris after a game at my place of residence. Said he like the building and wanted to know if places were for rent. Not much conversation but seemed nice. He was traded a few weeks later.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Post#128 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed May 6, 2015 1:02 pm

TheShark wrote:First post ever on here. But I work at Walgreens by the cousins center. I've met a ton of the guys. So I'll add something here.

BJ3: kinda quiet dude. Pretty arrogant in the way he presented himself but never overly rude. Strangest thing he bought was Nair and condoms.

Monta: real cocky guy. Not very nice. Never forget him driving his Bentley in a blizzard. Once bought a drug test for opiates lol.

Larry: Awesome guy. He was always down to talk and have a real conversation. Once gave me 20 bucks for the hell of it. I always enjoyed Larry coming in.

Giannis: I've never actually met Giannis but his brother and parents come in all the time. They're awesome. Really really nice people.

Inglis: comes in once in a while. Almost feel bad for him because you can tell he's still adjusting to living here (rough English). But he's very kind.

Parker: really nice dude. Very quiet as everyone always says he is. Apparently he likes to go laser tagging by the airport. Really good sport about the fans attention.

Miroslav: my favorite. Drove a Mini Cooper and would buy cartons of marlboros. Can't top that.

Mayo: another really nice guy. I remember some kids saw him and screamed "oh my god it's OJ MAYO!" And he went up to them and shook their hands. Took a picture and signed some autographs.

K-Mart: man he was a treat. No filter on that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

So much good here, haha. Miroslav one has me laughing. Its cool most of the experiences are positive. Monta always seemed like a strange cat, kind of in his own world.
MagicGiannison
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#129 » by MagicGiannison » Wed May 6, 2015 2:46 pm

I saw John Henson and Kendall Marshall together at the Pick N' Save on Humboldt and North a couple months ago. I deducted that they were watching the UNC vs. Arkansas game together (attended UNC together) and they were making a halftime booze run. Henson was with his girlfriend too, I think they'd already been drinking and Marshall was driving them. Funny enough it was the night before a 1 o' clock game, vs. the Hawks if I remember correctly. It was funny to run into Marshall because I had just been wondering if he was still living in Milwaukee or not. I didn't say anything to Henson because he was trying to hide his celebrity. I told Marshall my friend just won his shoes on Twitter (true story) and said he should have just gave them to me instead of shipping them. All in all, both seemed like nice guys, to no surprise.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,043

Post#130 » by Magic Giannison » Wed May 6, 2015 3:53 pm

Ermm, thats not me btw XD
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#131 » by Ill-yasova » Fri May 8, 2015 1:44 am

No real story but I just left Tres Locos Mexican Restaurant and Jason Kidd was walking in as I was leaving. We didn't realize it until he was inside so we didn't say anything to him. Anyone know if he lives in Muskego?
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#132 » by VooDoo7 » Fri May 8, 2015 3:08 am

Ill-yasova wrote:No real story but I just left Tres Locos Mexican Restaurant and Jason Kidd was walking in as I was leaving. We didn't realize it until he was inside so we didn't say anything to him. Anyone know if he lives in Muskego?

I thought he lived near Bayside or Fox Point. Not sure where I heard/read that tho.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#133 » by bucksfansince88 » Fri May 8, 2015 3:20 am

pretty sure he lives in whitefish bay
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#134 » by HKPackFan » Fri May 8, 2015 5:48 am

3 small bball related stories none of them about me:

#1) In the early 90's I worked in my dad's appliance parts store during the summer to pay for tuition. I worked with a guy who was a pretty good bball player himself and was really into it, he grew up in urban Milwaukee and used to play against a lot of the Marquette players in pickup games and stuff. He was working the counter and when I got back to the counter he had a big smile on his face. I was like, What's up?

He said Sprewell just walked into the store to buy a belt for his Dryer. :-o My co-worker gave it to him for free and told him to take care. I don't know what is more suprising:

A) Sprewell walking into my dad's shop???

Or

B) Sprewell buying parts to fix his own dryer???? :eek2:

#2) When I lived in Miami my neighbor was very attractive (man I miss Miami sometimes) and she became a Miami Beach Cop. The night after the Heat won their first title with Shaq and Wade is finals MVP, there's a big party at some club. My neighbor says there was a very fancy car (Can't remember which one now..it was 10 years ago) and parking was expired. She writes up a ticket and a moment afterwards who comes out to check on the car??? Mr. MVP himself.

It was Dwayne's car. Now he's somewhat inebriated, not completely drunk, but halfway there, and obviously feeling pretty good. He starts heavily flirting with my neighbor, trying to get out of the ticket or at least trying to see where he could take this encounter. She's married 3 kids, mid 30's but looked 10 years younger. He tried to get her to at least write her number on the ticket. Hahah. She declined but was very polite.

#3) A few years ago (5-7?) I was visiting back home in MKE, Bucks were sucking as usual but my bro was able to get courtside seats against I think the Nets, his bucks sales rep used to hook him up a lot back in the day. Front row on the floor behind the basket. My bro is known for being the loudest person in BC, he was single handedly squad 6 before there was squad 6. When my bro is cheering at the BC, friends that know him can hear him on TV, he's that loud!

Well in the middle of the game, early in the first half where it's still close, only sitting less than 10 feet from the out of bounds line, Vince is in the corner behind the 3 pt line, EXTREMELY close to us, my brother screams, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" for like 3-4 seconds while Vince spots up for the 3. It was LOUD, so so loud, must have been like echoing in Vince's ear. No one cheered back then so it was just echoing off the BC walls making it sound even longer and louder. Vince calmly drains the 3, NOTHING BUT NET. Vince starts trotting to the otherside, but then turns to look directly at us, puts on a stink face and screams, "YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!"

My brother and Vince Carter just got into a screaming match....

Friggin awesome. Just awesome. :lol:
#FreeChuckDiesel
Boilerup21
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#135 » by Boilerup21 » Sat May 9, 2015 6:29 pm

Sam Cassell & Tim Thomas:
Played in one of those small fry games when we saw Cassell and Tim Thomas walking through the back hallways. Gave us all high-fives and signed a few of our shirts. Never washed my hand for like a week I was so excited. Seemed like pretty cool guys. Always loved the passion Cassell played with and the competitor he was.

Ray Allen:
Back when the Bucks did those free signings before the game, my dad took me and we waited for a good hour to get his autograph. All I could mutter out was that he was my favorite player (still is). Signed a picture and took a photo with me. Seemed like he just loved being "the guy."
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#136 » by emunney » Thu May 14, 2015 3:26 pm

Ran into Tobias Harris 10 minutes ago on State Street in downtown Chicago. Must be training with Grover or something. Just wished him good luck in free agency.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#137 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu May 14, 2015 3:29 pm

emunney wrote:Ran into Tobias Harris 10 minutes ago on State Street in downtown Chicago. Must be training with Grover or something. Just wished him good luck in free agency.

Saw on twitter yesterday he's doing NBATV coverage of the draft workouts.

Interesting.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#138 » by Newz » Thu May 14, 2015 3:30 pm

emunney wrote:Ran into Tobias Harris 10 minutes ago on State Street in downtown Chicago. Must be training with Grover or something. Just wished him good luck in free agency.

Should have told him his jumper will never be as good as JJ's.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#139 » by Badgerlander » Thu May 14, 2015 3:36 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:

Saw on twitter yesterday he's doing NBATV coverage of the draft workouts.

Interesting.

for espn actually
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks