ImageImage

ATL/Round 2 Playoffs

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Re: ATL/Round 2 Playoffs 

Post#561 » by Bernman » Fri May 15, 2015 4:23 pm

I still can't believe we got destroyed by those bums when we both were supposed to have urgency, us even more than them. We need a significant amount more talent, not just physical and mental growth.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#562 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 15, 2015 4:29 pm

Now I want whoever wins ATL/WASH to take down Cleveland (possible but unlikely) and in the west I'm a Warrior fan, although if the Griz somehow pull out that series that would be fine too. Not a Clips or Rockets fan.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,252

Post#563 » by The Wet Whistle » Fri May 15, 2015 4:34 pm

This second round has been brutal for me. Cavs/Bulls? Really? I have to root for one of these teams? Same thing with Clips/Rockets. Despise both teams. Meanwhile I like Warriors, Grizz, Wiz, and Hawks. And yet two of those teams will have to go home.

Cavs were the lesser of two evils imo. So I'm content with that series. Would rather see Houston come out of their series with Clips.
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#564 » by JackSIKMA43 » Fri May 15, 2015 5:12 pm

Has Joakim been returned to the Lincoln Park Zoo yet? I heard they lost him, LOL.

Eh, I don't relate to the Cavs hate around here. That town is the same size as Milwaukee and they deserve a title. I'm pulling for the Cavs.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#565 » by El Duderino » Fri May 15, 2015 8:19 pm

I turned off the Clips/Rockets game when they were up about 17 points and was stunned to see this morning that Houston won. I wish i had the game on my DVR to watch that collapse. What an epic choke job.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#566 » by Iheartfootball » Fri May 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Go Dubs. That is all.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#567 » by HurricaneKid » Fri May 15, 2015 9:16 pm

El Duderino wrote:I turned off the Clips/Rockets game when they were up about 17 points and was stunned to see this morning that Houston won. I wish i had the game on my DVR to watch that collapse. What an epic choke job.

I'm EXACTLY in your boat. In fact I STOPPED the recording as I had no interest in watching it. I have no idea how that happened.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#568 » by Prince12 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:17 pm

I'm on the Warriors along with basically everyone. I feel wrong saying this but I want the Cavs to get through. I feel like the Warriors are highly likely to sweep or win in 5 at worst against ATL or Was while at least Cle/GSW has potential to be a long series.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,775

Post#569 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 15, 2015 10:24 pm

No Bogut/Dellavedova finals.

Spoiler:
:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#570 » by SupremeHustle » Fri May 15, 2015 10:34 pm

Rooting for a Memphis/Bullets finals.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#571 » by drew881 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:46 pm

NBA is banking so hard for a Warriors/Cavs finals. Just imagine if they got something like Washington/Memphis.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#572 » by AussieBuck » Fri May 15, 2015 11:27 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:No Bogut/Dellavedova finals.

Spoiler:
:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

You're going to be so sad and confused when you find out where Patty Mills is from.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Buckrageous
Starter
And1: 665

Post#573 » by Buckrageous » Fri May 15, 2015 11:30 pm

SkilesTheLimit wrote:I think Thibs is getting buried for no reason. The guy is a hell of a coach and it's not his fault that his players can't stay healthy. He's intense, sure, but he gets the most out of his team. They won't truly know how good he was until he's gone and replaced with an inferior coach.

I was wrong. I thought the Bulls would take the Cavs but LeBron proves that no matter how the league votes for MVP every year, he truly is the best player in basketball by a country mile and that MVP thing is a joke. Kevin Love is nothing but a well paid, rich man's version of Ryan Anderson. He's not a max player even if he gets paid as one.

Paxton couldn't get along with Skiles, understandable since Skiles is a fool. Paxton couldn't get along with Del Negro, ok, but it didn't work out for him with the Clips either. Paxton couldn't get along with Thibs, Thibbs is riding the players too hard.

I see a pattern, either Paxson is just an a-hole or Paxson keeps making poor coaching decisions. Either way when is it Paxson's fault?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,775

Post#574 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 15, 2015 11:30 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:No Bogut/Dellavedova finals.

Spoiler:

You're going to be so sad and confused when you find out where Patty Mills is from.

Don't ever put Patty Mills and Andrew Bogut in the same breath again.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#575 » by Licensed to Il » Fri May 15, 2015 11:43 pm

Buckrageous wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:I think Thibs is getting buried for no reason. The guy is a hell of a coach and it's not his fault that his players can't stay healthy. He's intense, sure, but he gets the most out of his team. They won't truly know how good he was until he's gone and replaced with an inferior coach.

I was wrong. I thought the Bulls would take the Cavs but LeBron proves that no matter how the league votes for MVP every year, he truly is the best player in basketball by a country mile and that MVP thing is a joke. Kevin Love is nothing but a well paid, rich man's version of Ryan Anderson. He's not a max player even if he gets paid as one.

Paxton couldn't get along with Skiles, understandable since Skiles is a fool. Paxton couldn't get along with Del Negro, ok, but it didn't work out for him with the Clips either. Paxton couldn't get along with Thibs, Thibbs is riding the players too hard.

I see a pattern, either Paxson is just an a-hole or Paxson keeps making poor coaching decisions. Either way when is it Paxson's fault?

Paxson turned on Thibs for the same reason he turned on Vinny. Both coaches ignored management and ran Noah in to the ground on bad feet and knees. Now his career might be over, and everyone wants to blame Paxson.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#576 » by Licensed to Il » Fri May 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Villanoeyebrows wrote:
Buckrageous wrote:

Paxson turned on Thibs for the same reason he turned on Vinny. Both coaches ignored management and ran Noah in to the ground on bad feet and knees. Now Joakim's career might be over, and everyone wants to blame Paxson.

Skiles was hired as a culture changer, Vinny was hired as a placeholder after they lucked in to Rose. Thibs was the guy hired to win a title. In hindsight, he pushed the throttle to hard every reg season, and he was hit with some unlucky injuries that nothing could have prevented (Rose)
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Re: Re: ATL/Round 2 Playoffs 

Post#577 » by emunney » Sat May 16, 2015 12:16 am

Newz wrote:
SkilesTheLimit wrote:I think Thibs is getting buried for no reason. The guy is a hell of a coach and it's not his fault that his players can't stay healthy.

I like Thibs... but I think there is a pretty good argument that it's partially his fault that his guys get hurt. He does not pace guys throughout the season, he just continuously plays his starters a ton of minutes. Some of those guys have past injury problems like Rose... some of them are aging like Noah and Gasol... and Jimmy Butler has to have set some sort of record for minutes played over the last couple of years.

Like if Thibs used his style coaching the Spurs I'd bet a majority of their team would be broken down or on the decline midseason.

Also Rose tore his ACL when he had absolutely no business being in the game. He's reckless with guys. It bit him.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#578 » by Licensed to Il » Sat May 16, 2015 12:39 am

Sometimes a good hire runs its course, and doesn't result in a title. Thibs was a good hire by Chicago. It just ran its course and both parties are better off moving on.
step3profit
Analyst
And1: 819

Post#579 » by step3profit » Sat May 16, 2015 1:34 am

Is Jesse Ventura the deep voiced announcer on ESPN for this ATL/WAS game?
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#580 » by chuckleslove » Sat May 16, 2015 1:36 am

Looks like its in his hand to me.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page

Return to Milwaukee Bucks