ImageImage

Will the Bucks match any offer on Middleton?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,354

Re: Will the Bucks match any offer on Middleton? 

Post#161 » by ackypoo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:11 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:What could we realistically get on a sign and trade for Mids if his price is too high?

his value as it stands would be a top 10 pick and a young asset.

making this type of trade is a mistake. especially considered where the franchise is and where its headed.

youre on the verge of putting together a nice young core. you dont trade a 23yo as good as middleton, blowing the whole thing up.

stay the course. max him and hope giannis and jabari and grow into the players they should be.
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#162 » by Dcebucks11 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:16 pm

y do people want to trade Midds already? who else ya'll want the bucks gonna spend that money on this yr?
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#163 » by Aaron It Out » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Dcebucks11 wrote:y do people want to trade Midds already? who else ya'll want the bucks gonna spend that money on this yr?

I don't think anybody wants to trade him, if that's indeed what you tried to type there. We're just talking about the kind of value he could net in a trade. If a team is willing to throw a couple 1sts and a talented player for him, you have to at least look at it. Who knows what kind of player or team that would be. I personally don't think a trade will happen. I just wonder.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#164 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:25 pm

I wonder what the perception of Middleton would be if he was picked in the lotto. I'd bet that some of the skepticism surrounding him wouldn't be there.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,270

Post#165 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:07 pm

MiltownHawkeye wrote:I wonder what the perception of Middleton would be if he was picked in the lotto. I'd bet that some of the skepticism surrounding him wouldn't be there.

I really wanna believe in Middleton. I like him a lot and his skill set is ideal in the league, I just don't know if he has the mindset to take advantage of his talents.

I really wanted him to demand the ball and be the guy after we traded Knight but he seemed content in his role. Again, nothing wrong with him but I'm just not sold yet.
Do it for Chuck
ChuckBros4Life
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#166 » by ChuckBros4Life » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:26 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:I wonder what the perception of Middleton would be if he was picked in the lotto. I'd bet that some of the skepticism surrounding him wouldn't be there.

I really wanna believe in Middleton. I like him a lot and his skill set is ideal in the league, I just don't know if he has the mindset to take advantage of his talents.

I really wanted him to demand the ball and be the guy after we traded Knight but he seemed content in his role. Again, nothing wrong with him but I'm just not sold yet.

Middleton is much more effective in a third option type of role though. We're not paying him to be a guy that demands the ball.
"I dont respect West Coast point guards; theyre too Hollywood for me." - Brandon Jennings
"Everything's peaches and cream." - Monta Ellis
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Post#167 » by riter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:16 am

just for my own twisted curiosity..
what would you guys say to Middleton/Henson/#17 for #4/Calderon/Timmy Hardaway Jr.

there are unsubstantiated rumors about the Knicks trading down....but I just don't see anyone else on a team with a decent pick that's worth trading down for except Middleton.
imithanos
Starter
And1: 657

Post#168 » by imithanos » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:13 am

riter wrote:just for my own twisted curiosity..
what would you guys say to Middleton/Henson/#17 for #4/Calderon/Timmy Hardaway Jr.

there are unsubstantiated rumors about the Knicks trading down....but I just don't see anyone else on a team with a decent pick that's worth trading down for except Middleton.

:wavefinger:

PS. That was the most polite emoticon I found.
No hay banda.
breakchains
General Manager
And1: 2,708

Post#169 » by breakchains » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:21 am

I've been a big Middleton believer and have thought he's one of the "core" (the only guy besides Giannis and Parker) for a while but if Russell is there at 4, that is extremely tempting and I might have to take it. I'd then move MCW to pick up another pick.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,551

Post#170 » by blazza18 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:40 am

Didn't think we could move Middleton for picks ?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
riter
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,531

Post#171 » by riter » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:09 am

blazza18 wrote:Didn't think we could move Middleton for picks ?

probably can't. but if you could than a 17 to 4 jump would be seen as a home run....if there were someone there that Kidd wanted.
if Russell is there Knicks keep him---even in my unlikely scenario.
I love Middleton, not sure if Phil does.
RW23
Junior
And1: 194

Post#172 » by RW23 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:14 am

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but here http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25220059/report-bucks-in-position-to-reach-quick-agreement-with-khris-middleton

It cites Gery, but this is pretty much the only line of significance
Free agency begins July 1 and, according to a person close to the scene, Khris Middleton won't be a free agent for long and will reach a quick agreement to remain with the Bucks.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#173 » by H2tObes » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:17 am

jakecronus8 wrote:

Thats fine though, we certainly dont need him to be the guy. I see him as the 4th option if this team is going to be a contender. He played very well after Knight was off the team. He was the carrying the offense a lot of nights. You're letting a bad ending of the season for Mids drown out just how good he was last year.
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#174 » by Cold Crush 24 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:54 am

He wears 22 for a reason. Give him that Michael Redd money and call it a day.
Finals in 2017
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#175 » by MiltownHawkeye » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:38 am

If you wouldn't match any deal that comes Middleton's way, then you're **** (Please Use More Appropriate Word). I say this as a person who has made a career out of working with people who are (Please Use More Appropriate Word).
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak

Return to Milwaukee Bucks