Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Trade Question - Ersan 

Post#21 » by fishercob » Fri May 15, 2015 9:01 pm

M-C-G wrote:
fishercob wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:I think Martell Webster would be a reasonable trade. Nice shooter coming off the bench. Viable threat at the 2 which we don't have outside of Midz (stop giving backup SG mins to Bayless, et al). Owed less money, a few years younger. And I think the Wiz would be more than happy to dump him as they were playing Rasual over him all year. I think we would get a 2nd as well.

I'd do Martell and our second for Ersan. we'd have to throw in Garrett Temple to make the salaries work.

Depending on the deal Martell has, that ends up being more salary that we are taking on then to just keep Ersan and treat him as an expiring.

I think a pure cap space move where we didn't have to give up assets - though I don't think we will have a ton of takers
Or, a salary swap where we take on more years/$ and an exchange of picks...a second really isn't worth doing a deal as we would add to our SF glut and take on another player in Temple when we are already way over roster size. At least when Ersan is on he adds a lot of value to this team.

Webster/Temple/19 for Ersan/Clippers 2017 1st rounder?

What about changing the Clips pick to MIL's '16 first rounder, lotto protected?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#22 » by Bernman » Fri May 15, 2015 9:36 pm

fishercob wrote:What about changing the Clips pick to MIL's '16 first rounder, lotto protected?

You came to our board, and that's what you're offering? Odds are next year we're in similar position as we were this year, in which case the pick would be higher than the one you're giving us, and you're getting the best vet in the deal. Ersan (a player you want) + Clips' pick in '17 for #19 in this draft + bad contracts is more than fair for you. Don't get greedy.

Besides, Grunfeld owes us, just like Karl does. They have a duty to make sure the Bucks stay in Milwaukee after they both participated in the Ray Allen trade debacle.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#23 » by eagle13 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:54 pm

You can have Ersan, Plumlee and Ennis for Webster Humphries and #19.

On 2nd thot - no thanks
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#24 » by Prince12 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:14 pm

I hope some team wants Ersan as much as you
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#25 » by bdpecore » Fri May 15, 2015 10:16 pm

I think Ersan and Clippers pick for Webster, #19 and throw in works for me. This seems fair for both sides.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#26 » by Licensed to Il » Fri May 15, 2015 10:17 pm

I don't want to trade the License to Ill.

He works hard, he is a good shooter, and his contract only has one more big year before what is basically an early out.

For those who think we should surround Jabari and Giannis with steady vets, Ersan is exactly the type of player we would be targeting if he played elsewhere. The main reason he is devalued here is because of viewing fatigue... He has been around so long and in so many trade rumors that we are kinda tired and weary.

I would trade him in a second for a pick. But he is not costing us games or wrecking the lockerroom.

Also, the Wiz have nothing of interest to me.
RealBucksFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 176

Post#27 » by RealBucksFan » Sat May 16, 2015 12:55 am

Ersan actually had very good numbers this season, with 55.4% TS and an elite 6.9% TO rate, and he really helped the team late in the season when everything went to crap. I'd still give him up in a heartbeat for significant cost savings or a draft pick, but I wouldn't give up anything to get rid of him, although he is a poor fit next so Giannis and Jabari.

The Ersan for Webster and Temple idea is a good one. I'd contemplate that if I ran the Bucks, but only if I planned on doing something with that cost savings. If the Bucks could include Inglis or the Clips pick in that deal in exchange for the 19th pick, that would be more nice, although including Inglis would be preferred due to the limited number of roster spots the Bucks have for next season.

Ersan is inconsistent and injury prone, but he would be a great fit with Wall. The Wizards were rumored to be interested in him a few seasons ago and you can see why with how Wall and Ersan play. Ersan would be a good PnP partner with Wall, although Ersan shot very poorly in such situations last season.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Re: Trade Question 

Post#28 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat May 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Treebeard wrote:A lot of Bucks fans don't value Ersan's skills very highly anymore.

He works hard all the time and is apparently well thought of by his teammates.

However, He's consistently inconsistent for performance. Usually at the beginning of the season, he's more off than on. Historically, he has often picked up after the break - but not so much this year. When he does get hot, he's real useful, it's just not happening as often.

Yes, he usually starts slow, gets hot, and then hasn't been a big playoff performer. But statistically he had one of his best years this season. Career high for 2pt%, 39% 3pt, FG% & TS% was 2nd highest of career, and had .146 win share/48.

The problem is keeping him on the court. He's only played more than 60 games in 1 season since 2010.

But agree, most on this board want him gone. I think he's better than he gets credit for here, but I'm not opposed to moving him at this point.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,394

Post#29 » by randy84 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Ersan is what he is. Trade him for a bag of chips and a RC cola.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#30 » by paulpressey25 » Sat May 16, 2015 2:45 pm

Question for Fisher.....why did Webster's shooting fall off a cliff last year?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#31 » by Aaron It Out » Sat May 16, 2015 2:51 pm

What's the deal with Blair? It looks like he has fallen off the cliff. I always thought he was a good bench big. Did his lack of knees finally catch up with him?
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Brazil88
Sophomore
And1: 257

Post#32 » by Brazil88 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:59 pm

Aaron It Out wrote:What's the deal with Blair? It looks like he has fallen off the cliff. I always thought he was a good bench big. Did his lack of knees finally catch up with him?

He's a 6'5'' overweighted center with no ACL's. Unless he can somehow develop a jump shot and improve defensively, he's just a liability out there.

About Ersan, the Wizards board is crazy in love with him for the last couple of years. If any of the posters there were the Wiz GM Milwaukee would probably have dumped Ersan on Washington a long time ago. You could've even stole Otto Porter (before the playoffs) or a 1rst round pick out of the trade. That's how crazy they are about Ersan.
thebigphish19
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#33 » by thebigphish19 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Absolutely not.

Only way is if Pierce picked up his option and wanted to come off the bench and teach Giannis and Jabari a thing or two and they throw in Sessions. A pick would make it a lock but that wont happen and any other salary combination we get in return would put us in a worse situation than we are now.

That isnt going to happen because Pierce's and Kidd's egos cant coexist right now.

We rid out all the crap years of his contract and now he is going to walk into the expiring year of his contract as a clearly defined backup with a limited and manageable role.

Actually screw it. We need to open up some minutes for the stretch 4 we are about to draft :o
bigballajohn
Senior
And1: 21

Post#34 » by bigballajohn » Sat May 16, 2015 6:09 pm

Ersan and two seconds for Webster and #19.
VooDoo7 wrote:
emunney wrote:A horse walks into a bar. It turns to Mason Plumlee and says, "Why the long face?"

Frank the Tank scoffs at both of them.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#35 » by Bernman » Sat May 16, 2015 6:31 pm

bdpecore wrote:I think Ersan and Clippers pick for Webster, #19 and throw in works for me. This seems fair for both sides.

I think that makes sense from both sides because:

- Ersan is a marginal asset as a stretch 4 on a 1-year guaranteed contract but 2 under team control, and Webster a marginal negative in the same situation but having done nothing this year and playing at a position where shooting is expected. There's a major impetus among some fans here to just dump Ersan because he's associated with the previous regime who they want a complete cleanse from, but Ersan would at least have some value to us too if he stayed around because he partially offsets MCW's crap shooting at the 1.

- There is a projected difference between the Washington #19 pick and the Clips' in 2017, but it's not much, and it's deferred a couple years at a point a point where there's no guarantee we'll still be in Milwaukee. They're stable, we aren't. We need the young talent to show fans ASAP, they need win now players more.

Let's do this.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#36 » by fishercob » Sat May 16, 2015 6:53 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Question for Fisher.....why did Webster's shooting fall off a cliff last year?

He had offseason back surgery last year and never was able to find a groove when he got back. The rotation was crowded with Pierce, some Otto time, and Rasual Butler coming out of nowhere. If he can't get healthy, he can't help you.

If he can, he can shoot the lights out, but down some oops, and be a great locker room guy. His affability and leadership played a role in the Wiz extending him a couple years ago.
— Steve Martin
fishercob
RealGM

Post#37 » by fishercob » Sat May 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Bernman wrote:
bdpecore wrote:I think Ersan and Clippers pick for Webster, #19 and throw in works for me. This seems fair for both sides.

I think that makes sense from both sides because:

- Ersan is a marginal asset as a stretch 4 on a 1-year guaranteed contract but 2 under team control, and Webster a marginal negative in the same situation but having done nothing this year and playing at a position where shooting is expected. There's a major impetus among some fans here to just dump Ersan because he's associated with the previous regime who they want a complete cleanse from, but Ersan would at least have some value to us too if he stayed around because he partially offsets MCW's crap shooting at the 1.

- There is a projected difference between the Washington #19 pick and the Clips' in 2017, but it's not much, and it's deferred a couple years at a point a point where there's no guarantee we'll still be in Milwaukee. They're stable, we aren't. We need the young talent to show fans ASAP, they need win now players more.

Let's do this.

Some Wiz fans have posited that if one of the young stretch fours like Portis or Kaminsky or Looney (I don't follow draft stuff that much now that our NBA team is watchable) is there, the Wiz just take him and develop him. But if those guys are all gone, then we pull the trigger on Webster/19 for Ersan/Clips pick.
— Steve Martin
Bernman
RealGM

Post#38 » by Bernman » Sat May 16, 2015 7:03 pm

fishercob wrote:Some Wiz fans have posited that if one of the young stretch fours like Portis or Kaminsky or Looney (I don't follow draft stuff that much now that our NBA team is watchable) is there, the Wiz just take him and develop him. But if those guys are all gone, then we pull the trigger on Webster/19 for Ersan/Clips pick.

Then we'll just have to take one to sabotage you and set up this trade anyway.

In all seriousness, draft picks take time to develop, so that's not an ideal scenario for a team who wants to keep the momentum going and capitolize on the final year with the Truth.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks