ImageImage

NBA Draft Lottery Thread - 7:05pm CT Tonight! (ESPN)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Re: NBA Draft Lottery Thread - 7:05pm CT Tonight! (ESPN) 

Post#481 » by paulpressey25 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:52 am

The Los Angeles Lakers plan to bring in Russell along with centers Karl-Anthony Towns and Jahlil Okafor for workouts. The Lakers haven’t ruled out using the second pick on Russell, a point guard out of Ohio State.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/spor ... IbXoiP1.99

These guys are all wearing suits and bringing resumes to this.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#482 » by jakecronus8 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:00 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
The Los Angeles Lakers plan to bring in Russell along with centers Karl-Anthony Towns and Jahlil Okafor for workouts. The Lakers haven’t ruled out using the second pick on Russell, a point guard out of Ohio State.

That could be chaotic if Philly doesn't like Mudiay. If that happened I'd try Jabari/17 for Embiid/3.
Do it for Chuck
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,823

Post#483 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed May 27, 2015 2:04 am

jakecronus8 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

That could be chaotic if Philly doesn't like Mudiay. If that happened I'd try Jabari/17 for Embiid/3.

The difference between Jabari and embiid wasn't worth dropping 14 spots and it sure as hell isn't after an acl
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#484 » by jakecronus8 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:09 am

You never know. They could panic. I'd probably throw in that Clippers first to do it too.
Do it for Chuck
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#485 » by TroyD92 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:12 am

I wouldn't trade Jabari for Embiid.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#486 » by TroyD92 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:13 am

Bern is really starting to sway me on Harrell.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#487 » by MiltownHawkeye » Wed May 27, 2015 2:29 am

jakecronus8 wrote:You never know. They could panic. I'd probably throw in that Clippers first to do it too.

I would throw in Johnny O' Bryant to really seal it.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
SpursNBucks
Banned User
And1: 113

Post#488 » by SpursNBucks » Wed May 27, 2015 3:34 am

Bernman wrote:It's not so much the negativity, as what it's based on.

I mean you were down in Harrell in part because you stated he was 6'6" with shoes. That's 2.25" inches shorter than he actually is. That's huge. He's 6'7" WITHOUT shoes, which with normal shoes equates to 6'8.25". He's as tall as some listed at 6'9" in the pros. With his standing reach and wingspan, that probably makes him big enough to play center, let alone power forward. He's Kenneth Faried heavy. 28 lbs heavier coming in, in fact. As well as an inch taller, higher of standing reach, and 4+ on the wingspan. And a better mid-range jump shooter (DX had him at 28 for 54 I believe) plus overall defender. Faried heavy. He would be decent value for the 17th pick and solid on the fit aspect.

Dekker, he's also an elite athlete in so far as functionality is concerned. How often do you see 3's throwing down up and under dunks, tip dunks, and hammers on opponents in the halfcourt. Getting on the trampoline for offensive rebounds? Scoring on drives with brute force in a poor man's LeBron type fashion? It's just odd to knock his athleticism. That's a special quality of his. As is his defensive versatility. And you're worried he has no special quality, but what about the fact he's not weak in any area either. That's not ordinary. There's something to be said about that, as well as playing within himself for the most part. The Badgers' offense prompts it out of a lot of players. If he keeps playing like he has he'll be a role starter or really good bench player. And he could break out with the shackles off.

emunney wrote:If Harrell holds up physically, I think he'll be a better player than Faried because his defensive fundamentals are so much better coming in. Rather have that than the big rebounding numbers.

As a center, in the Ohio Valley. Harrell was a pf in the ACC. It wouldn't surprise me if Harrell was as good as or better of a rebounder in the pros. He's a manimal too, and he matches up better with NBA players size-wise.

Sorry, your right =I took it from nbadraft.net Notes: Measured 6.6.5'' in shoes, with a 7'3'' wingspan and 242 lbs while playing for USA's U19 Gold Medal Team in 2013. All-ACC 2nd Team in 2014-15

Just so you know I am not making it up - Just bad info, I guess. All the things below are not my words - but what is been said around the net. If GMs thought he would be Faried or better he would not be projected by most to be selected no higher then #20. He's become the latest "thing" on this board. I don't think he is what the Bucks need.

You quoted Draft Express - This is directly from their site Despite drawing comparisons to the likes of Kenneth Faried, Harrell is not a particularly gifted defensive rebounder, averaging just 6.4 per-40 minutes over the course of his Louisville career, a figure that remained relatively consistent for all three years. His lack of size and reach affects him here more than in other parts of the game seemingly, as does his propensity for flying around and attempting to challenge every shot he can at the rim, which often leaves him out of position on the glass.

Harrell's average awareness translates to the offensive end as well, where he is not a great decision maker and does not appear to be the type of player a team can run much offense through from the high post. His 7.5% assist percentage for his career is a very poor rate, as he posted just over 100 assists in nearly 3000 minutes of action, or one for every 29 minutes he's on the floor. He struggles with double-teams, and is prone to making bad decisions with the ball at times, relying on his instincts and aggressiveness more than you'd like, showing just an average feel for the game.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3bJWWT88L
http://www.draftexpress.com

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3bJW6HI9U
http://www.draftexpress.com

NBAdraft.net: Montrezl is a power forward through and through, but his height leaves a little to be desired, and he has even explored the idea of becoming a SF while at Louisville
SpursNBucks
Banned User

Post#489 » by SpursNBucks » Wed May 27, 2015 3:35 am

Sorry double post
SpursNBucks
Banned User

Post#490 » by SpursNBucks » Wed May 27, 2015 3:35 am

You guys are talking me into him, but I just don't see his traits as something we need. I think your overrating him and looking at best case scenario a bit. I don't know if he is a fit with the Bucks. There's no way he is a Center if you want to give him leftover minutes to a younger Jabari - I don't know that makes sense. Shouldn't they try and fill some holes?

I'm not sure why he has caught fire on this board suddenly?
salsa
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#491 » by salsa » Wed May 27, 2015 3:50 am

I love Harrell. Have liked him since the beginning of last season. Even though i don't really see his fit on the team, I think he is BPA at #17, and that's all that matters. Take him.

I dislike Portis, Looney, and Wood so so so so so so much. Especially Portis. Reminds me of a crappier Vonleh.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#492 » by mke_design » Wed May 27, 2015 3:52 am

SpursNBucks wrote:You guys are talking me into him, but I just don't see his traits as something we need. I think your overrating him and looking at best case scenario a bit. I don't know if he is a fit with the Bucks. There's no way he is a Center if you want to give him leftover minutes to a younger Jabari - I don't know that makes sense. Shouldn't they try and fill some holes?

If they want to fill some holes they need A) a center B) a shooter C) a rebounder. I dont think they should go after any specific position for the sake of someones minutes. Nobody on this team is "safe" outside of Giannis and Jabari and even then, i can see a curve ball from left field landing one of them elsewhere.
SpursNBucks
Banned User

Post#493 » by SpursNBucks » Wed May 27, 2015 3:52 am

TroyD92 wrote:I wouldn't trade Jabari for Embiid.

I think the 6'ers would do it because Noel is a Center not a PF = think of the lack of spacing issues they would have with Noel and Embiid on the court at the same time. The thing is Embiid could be a big man that has injury issues all the time, then again you don't know about Parker. PF MUCH easier to find.

The thing is then who do you take Mudia? Everyone talked about Exum, he looked god AWFUL. We don't know that much about him. If that is what they would do - then trade them back MCW for a future 1st.
mke_design
Analyst

Post#494 » by mke_design » Wed May 27, 2015 3:55 am

SpursNBucks wrote:You guys are talking me into him, but I just don't see his traits as something we need. I think your overrating him and looking at best case scenario a bit. I don't know if he is a fit with the Bucks. There's no way he is a Center if you want to give him leftover minutes to a younger Jabari - I don't know that makes sense. Shouldn't they try and fill some holes?

I also like his hands, if theres one thing I can't stand year after year is watching a big man in our offense fumble the ball away on a hot pass, or something out of their microscopic catch zones and then go on to try and finish like a wimp. He takes it home and he doesnt care who's in front of him on the glass, at both ends.
SpursNBucks
Banned User

Post#495 » by SpursNBucks » Wed May 27, 2015 4:04 am

mke_design wrote:

I also like his hands, if theres one thing I can't stand year after year is watching a big man in our offense fumble the ball away on a hot pass, or something out of their microscopic catch zones and then go on to try and finish like a wimp. He takes it home and he doesnt care who's in front of him on the glass, at both ends.

Going against college players and NBA players a whole nother thing. The thing with harrell is he is not good when making decisions with the ball and NEVER passes.
mke_design
Analyst

Post#496 » by mke_design » Wed May 27, 2015 4:44 am

SpursNBucks wrote:
mke_design wrote:

Going against college players and NBA players a whole nother thing. The thing with harrell is he is not good when making decisions with the ball and NEVER passes.

So let MCW lob him the ball or pass to him and shoot out of iso, then MCW's usage goes down and Harrell has less of an issue of being put in a position to make those mistakes? Sounds logical, but NBA players are so volatile.
mke_design
Analyst

Post#497 » by mke_design » Wed May 27, 2015 5:02 am

who has the highest upside in our range?
jakecronus8
RealGM

Post#498 » by jakecronus8 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:43 am

mke_design wrote:who has the highest upside in our range?

Upshaw
Do it for Chuck
SpursNBucks
Banned User

Post#499 » by SpursNBucks » Wed May 27, 2015 6:59 am

jakecronus8 wrote:

Upshaw

Agreed, and the most downside. He seems to have one problem = a terrible addiction to drugs. I don't know if throwing him a lot of $ will take that away. In interviews he sounds pretty articulate - he doesn't have that thug from hood kind of way about him. You would have to almost baby sit him. Kidd would be a good mentor.
Baam
Banned User
And1: 5

Post#500 » by Baam » Wed May 27, 2015 9:39 am

SpursNBucks wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

Upshaw

Agreed, and the most downside. He seems to have one problem = a terrible addiction to drugs. I don't know if throwing him a lot of $ will take that away. In interviews he sounds pretty articulate - he doesn't have that thug from hood kind of way about him. You would have to almost baby sit him. Kidd would be a good mentor.

It's not happening... You don't sign another drug addict when you still have one on the payroll who left the team...

Some team is gonna pick him in the first, a team that likes to gamble like Dallas or the Rockets... But not the Bucks...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks