ImageImage

County Board Hearing TONIGHT - Bucks Reps. there at 5:30pm

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

FredRoberts1
Ballboy
And1: 21

Re: County Board Hearing TONIGHT - Bucks Reps. there at 5:30pm 

Post#21 » by FredRoberts1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:50 am

Left the meeting a little early. I thought it went tremendously well for us. A lot of opposing viewpoints came across as crazy, uninformed, or having an obvious agenda. Probably 5 to 1 of the speakers were in favor.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,619

Post#22 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:59 am

FredRoberts1 wrote:Left the meeting a little early. I thought it went tremendously well for us. A lot of opposing viewpoints came across as crazy, uninformed, or having an obvious agenda. Probably 5 to 1 of the speakers were in favor.

For the opposing viewpoints, did any of them have a change of heart once their uniformed points were disproven?
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#23 » by chuckleslove » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:04 am

Matches Malone wrote:
FredRoberts1 wrote:Left the meeting a little early. I thought it went tremendously well for us. A lot of opposing viewpoints came across as crazy, uninformed, or having an obvious agenda. Probably 5 to 1 of the speakers were in favor.

For the opposing viewpoints, did any of them have a change of heart once their uniformed points were disproven?

There are plenty of valid informed viewpoints to oppose public financing of an arena, to mock them as if there isn't is ludicrous.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,619

Post#24 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:08 am

chuckleslove wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

There are plenty of valid informed viewpoints to oppose public financing of an arena, to mock them as if there isn't is ludicrous.

Nobody is saying there aren't valid informed viewpoints going against arena funding. Was just wondering if any of the people opposed to the arena walked out of there with a different opinion.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
FredRoberts1
Ballboy

Post#25 » by FredRoberts1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:42 am

The Bucks and others made a great presentation right off the bat that detailed everything. It was well explained and showed the many benefits. The people that were opposed must not have listened to a thing they said. One woman said we shouldn't build it because more money should be going to the homeless. I was thinking to myself, if more jobs are created wouldn't some of these homeless people potentially get a job and thus not be homeless
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#26 » by trwi7 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:12 am

Who's the season ticket holder from Peshtigo? Kudos to that person. Holy ****, when I go up to see my dad I want to shoot myself around Peshtigo because it's such a long ass drive.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#27 » by MadBlueEdwards » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:12 am

chuckleslove wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

I don't mean to sound condescending, because you're certainly right that there are informed points on both sides, but the majority of the people that spoke up tonight against the arena DID seem misinformed about the details. It almost seemed as if they heard the word "tax" and immediately decided they were against it no matter what.
chuckleslove
RealGM

Post#28 » by chuckleslove » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:17 am

MadBlueEdwards wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:

I don't mean to sound condescending, because you're certainly right that there are informed points on both sides, but the majority of the people that spoke up tonight against the arena DID seem misinformed about the details. It almost seemed as if they heard the word "tax" and immediately decided they were against it no matter what.

I wasn't there so I'm not commenting on that. I was merely commenting on the condescending nature of the initial post I responded to which implies there are no valid reasons or possible way to be informed and oppose public financing.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
MadBlueEdwards
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#29 » by MadBlueEdwards » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:22 am

chuckleslove wrote:
MadBlueEdwards wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:

I wasn't there so I'm not commenting on that. I was merely commenting on the condescending nature of the initial post I responded to which implies there are no valid reasons or possible way to be informed and oppose public financing.

I think you might have misunderstood the initial post. I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the people speaking tonight.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#30 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:31 am

ReasonablySober wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/ajbayatpour/status/608408235280838657[/tweet]

Okay that's cool as hell.

For real.
FredRoberts1
Ballboy

Re: Re: County Board Hearing TONIGHT - Bucks Reps. there at 5:30pm 

Post#31 » by FredRoberts1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 am

MadBlueEdwards wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:
MadBlueEdwards wrote:

I think you might have misunderstood the initial post. I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the people speaking tonight.

Yep. Just referring to the people who spoke tonight. They did not do a good job
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,281

Post#32 » by soboMP3 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:48 am

Well, I made it after a software push delayed me a bit. Made it at about 5:55pm for the presentations on what Bucks investors planned on doing with the land through the 3 phases.

Most importantly I sat through a good hour of public response before heading out to meet my friends for a drink at Nomad. I agree it was probably a good 80-20 in support of selling the land for a buck.

I was about to fill out a card so that I could speak but GAD, ESBF, and a few others did a good job of collectively covering what I wanted to say. That is - the county owned parcels of Park East have struggled mightily to get moving on development. Most, if not all of the city parcels, have been successfully developed. Whether it be pollution or redevelopment costs or previous county politicians in charge, Milwaukee County parts of the land have basically sucked in regards to getting things done over the past 15 years. For that reason it's absolutely necessary that this land be provided cheap for a gigantic level of development we've been basically gifted.

Also props to (who I believe was) SidTheMan4 for providing the best speech I heard from out-of-town fans that spend money each year because of the Bucks.

Agreed about the fact that those who were opposed to the land sale for the most part had some pretty poorly thought out points or were just there for some agenda. The only one that really brought up a valid point to me was the woman who demonstrated that Abele's new condo overlooks desolate Park East land... although that was more comical and not looking at the big picture than anything else.
FredRoberts1
Ballboy

Post#33 » by FredRoberts1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:52 am

soboMP3 wrote:Well, I made it after a software push delayed me a bit. Made it at about 5:55pm for the presentations on what Bucks investors planned on doing with the land through the 3 phases.

Most importantly I sat through a good hour of public response before heading out to meet my friends for a drink at Nomad. I agree it was probably a good 80-20 in support of selling the land for a buck.

I was about to fill out a card so that I could speak but GAD, ESBF, and a few others did a good job of collectively covering what I wanted to say. That is - the county owned parcels of Park East have struggled mightily to get moving on development. Most, if not all of the city parcels, have been successfully developed. Whether it be pollution or redevelopment costs or previous county politicians in charge, Milwaukee County parts of the land have basically sucked in regards to getting things done over the past 15 years. For that reason it's absolutely necessary that this land be provided cheap for a gigantic level of development we've been basically gifted.

Also props to (who I believe was) SidTheMan for providing the best speech I heard from out-of-town fans that spend money each year because of the Bucks.

I second that on Sidtheman. Great speech and a great guy. He was sitting next to me. Came all the way from Peshtigo
chuckleslove
RealGM

Post#34 » by chuckleslove » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:55 am

FredRoberts1 wrote:
MadBlueEdwards wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:

Yep. Just referring to the people who spoke tonight. They did not do a good job

Ah fair enough then, misunderstanding on my part.
soboMP3
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by soboMP3 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:57 am

Wish I could've gotten there earlier to meet some RealGMers but I at least feel good with some sense of civic pride that I made it to something like this to listen to everyone.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: June 9th County Board Hearing 5:00pm Presser - War Memorial 

Post#36 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:08 am

paulpressey25 wrote:From the other thread --

SidTheMan4 wrote:ESBF is it worth coming if you don't live in Milwaukee County? I live 2 hours and 20 minutes away but was thinking of coming if all goes well today. I own my own business so will have to see how day goes. If its only worth Milwaukee County residents going I won't bother. If we had a state rally I would be there but this sounds just a Milwaukee County deal. Thanks

Yes. Please come.

What's going to happen tonight is that there will be a media circus covering this. They won't focus so much on where you are from but on how many Bucks fans they see.

If Bucks fans can fill all the seats in the hall, that makes headlines. If Bucks fan are outside in overflow, that makes headlines.

I'll write more on it tomorrow, just wanted to give a special personal thanks to SideTheMan tonight for making the drive.

You and your story were featured on Fox6 and MKE Biz Journal at the least.

YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE!

THANK YOU!
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#37 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 am

GAD and Sid speeches just made TMJ4
soboMP3
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by soboMP3 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:12 am

Yep just saw on 4
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#39 » by glenn » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:19 am

So what's the deal with the guy in the tank top they just showed on channel 12? What side did he fall on?
:reporter:
JackSIKMA43
Bench Warmer
And1: 847

Post#40 » by JackSIKMA43 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:22 am

trwi7 wrote:Who's the season ticket holder from Peshtigo? Kudos to that person. Holy ****, when I go up to see my dad I want to shoot myself around Peshtigo because it's such a long ass drive.

Uh, yeah. I take trips up to Crivitz quite a few times a year, and that's a hike. 4 hours from me in the Chicago area. I've been a Bucks fans 30+ years, but that guy puts me to shame. Total props to SidTheMan.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks