Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Re: Bucks trade Ersan to Detroit for Butler and Williams 

Post#361 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:03 am

The1llness wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
mcfromage wrote:Good info 1Illness. Can you breakdown the timeline of how things would need to work, assuming Dudley opts-in and Middleton re-signs, in order to sign a max or near max or RFA?

illness is off by 3mil on Mids cap hold

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/milwaukee-bucks-team-salary/

You're probably right. I was reading the Salary Cap FAQ and they were pretty ambiguous between QO's & cap holds. I just assumed his cap hold would be the same as the 21st pick but since he's a 2nd round pick the QO IS the cap hold.

So re-configuring the math the Bucks could have between somewhere $22.5 & $26.75 million in cap depending on what Dudley does with his option.

Correct.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#362 » by Badgerlander » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:27 am

jabarinum1 wrote:Does this mean the extra space this year will allow Middleton's contract to be heavily front-loaded so the Bucks have room to sign Giannis and Jabari in a few years? Or can't you do that in the NBA?

We'll have plenty of room to max Mids+Giannis_Jabari

Max Mids = $15,768,500/$16,951137/$18,222,472/$19,589158

So Mids will be making $18.2mil when its time to resign Giannis+MCW+Inglis, and Max Giannis will start at $25.38mil, so Mids+Giannis=18.2+25.38=$43.58mil-cap 108mil=64.42mil. The next year when its time to resign Jabari, Mids will be at 19.59mil and Giannis will be at 27.28mil and the cap right now is expected to dip back to 102-106mil unless a new agreement happens, but lets go with the same number as Giannis for Jabari for the sake of argument so you'll have Mids+Giannis+Jabari=19.59+27.28+25.38=72.25mil with plenty of cap space not to mention the luxury tax level being somewhere around 127mil. We have plenty of room to sign a Max player this offseason and still be able to extend Henson, and sign MCW+Inglis to reasonable deals. As long as we continue to draft well and don't go crazy on bad deals in Free Agency the next few years we'll have no problem keeping our core together.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#363 » by Plossum » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:27 am

Has Gery called for Caron start at SF next year yet?
#LockUpChuck
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#364 » by buckboy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:06 pm

salsa wrote:12 million for RoLo
6-7 million for Danny Green or Belinelli
16 million for Middleton

Perfect offseason? I think getting DeAndre would be the perfect offseason, but I'm going to give up on that dream.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Danny Green is going to get about double what you have him getting there. At least $10/season.

He isn't a big enough need for us to pay him that (Unless we let Middleton go for some reason).
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#365 » by M-C-G » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:14 pm

buckboy wrote:
salsa wrote:12 million for RoLo
6-7 million for Danny Green or Belinelli
16 million for Middleton

Perfect offseason? I think getting DeAndre would be the perfect offseason, but I'm going to give up on that dream.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Danny Green is going to get about double what you have him getting there. At least $10/season.

He isn't a big enough need for us to pay him that (Unless we let Middleton go for some reason).

Spurs fan seem to think he is going to get the same contract as Middleton for what it is worth ~12-15M per year.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#366 » by buckboy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:21 pm

^^That's pretty much what I thought.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,644

Post#367 » by chonestown » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:02 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JSComments/status/609432592258088960[/tweet]

One-two pump fake when he's shooting
Double pump - no fake - when he's shooting

Ers in the D bringing the Robocop steez
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,262

Post#368 » by soboMP3 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Is this trade official yet? I hope it's not some kind of pump fake move.
RealBucksFan
Pro Prospect
And1: 176

Post#369 » by RealBucksFan » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:41 pm

soboMP3 wrote:Is this trade official yet? I hope it's not some kind of pump fake move.

Both teams have already announced the trade. I think it is final.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Re: Re: Bucks trade Ersan to Detroit for Butler and Williams 

Post#370 » by emunney » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:52 pm

Bernman wrote:
jabarinum1 wrote:Does this mean the extra space this year will allow Middleton's contract to be heavily front-loaded so the Bucks have room to sign Giannis and Jabari in a few years? Or can't you do that in the NBA?

You can't do that. Your salary at least needs to stay the same year by year, and it's usually ascending by up to a certain percentage.

Maybe the Bucks could give Middleton a max deal, if he wouldn't have gotten one otherwise, in exchange for it expiring in 3 years instead of 4. Frankly, I'd lead with that offer, provided he gives us time to sign other fa's first so we could have all of them together on a winning team.

You can do descending deals in the NBA. Not "heavily front loaded", though. Descending deals have the same rate restrictions as ascending deals.
emunney
RealGM

Post#371 » by emunney » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:55 pm

Also, why do people think RoLo can't shoot? Not that he's a great shooter.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,960

Post#372 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:57 pm

Did this change with the latest CBA?

Sources with knowledge of the contract specifics told ESPN.com that the value of the four-year extension that starts in the 2011-12 season is a modest $11 million and change. Highly favorable numbers for the Thunder.

However ...

The Thunder -- as a team slightly more than $6.5 million under the salary cap before re-signing Collison -- took advantage of that below-the-cap status to unexpectedly award Collison all of their space as a signing bonus that takes his 2010-11 compensation to a whopping $13.3 million.

Signing bonuses in extensions are usually pro-rated through the life of the contract. Teams under the cap, though, can apply the entire signing bonus at the time the extension is signed, as long as the bonus doesn't exceed the available cap space.

So Oklahoma City's motivation here is fairly obvious, no matter how out of place it looks to suddenly see All-Star dollars attached to Collison's name in this season's NBA salary documents ... and then a smaller figure for the next four seasons combined.

This is OKC's thinking:

With Nick Collison now scheduled to earn $3.3 million in 2011-12 -- and with his salary descending all the way to $2.2 million in 2014-15 -- Oklahoma City has secured a valued member of its rotation at a very cap-friendly price. That will put the smallest possible drain on its payroll in coming seasons when the Thunder have to accommodate the extension raises due to Kevin Durant as well as future extension recipient Russell Westbrook (and possibly Serge Ibaka).
jtf150
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#373 » by jtf150 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:32 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
MadBlueEdwards wrote:Am I the only one that's not overly excited about the idea of signing an already 30 year old Marc Gasol?

I realize that "30" number is quite scary when it comes to sports. But Gasol's game shouldn't drop off much at all for quite some time yet.

He is younger than Pau, so I think he has still got it in his Tank. I would rather have Marc than Ersan, if that is what this trade is for. I cant see Butler playing here again.
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''” - Muhammad Ali
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#374 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:06 am

jtf150 wrote:I would rather have Marc than Ersan, if that is what this trade is for.

Way to go out on a limb there. :lol:
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,724

Post#375 » by Serge28 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:18 am

With this trade, our longest tenured Buck is now... John Henson with all of his 3 years of experience. Every other player on the current roster wasn't here this time 2 years ago. Talk about a complete rebuild.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#376 » by Lippo » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:00 am

Williams might stick, having a 6'9 forward that has a good handle, is athletic , can shoot fts and 3's, he has a 54 TS, its like having a dirt cheap Josh Smith without the ego.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/shawne-williams

We would be drooling over this prospect at 17 if he were in this draft.
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,724

Post#377 » by Serge28 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:21 am

Lippo wrote:Williams might stick, having a 6'9 forward that has a good handle, is athletic , can shoot fts and 3's, he has a 54 TS, its like having a dirt cheap Josh Smith without the ego.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/shawne-williams

We would be drooling over this prospect at 17 if he were in this draft.

Williams is also 29 and the Bucks won't be his 8th team.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#378 » by Sigra » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:57 am

Finaly. Never too late I guess
emunney
RealGM

Post#379 » by emunney » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:57 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Did this change with the latest CBA?

Sources with knowledge of the contract specifics told ESPN.com that the value of the four-year extension that starts in the 2011-12 season is a modest $11 million and change. Highly favorable numbers for the Thunder.

However ...

The Thunder -- as a team slightly more than $6.5 million under the salary cap before re-signing Collison -- took advantage of that below-the-cap status to unexpectedly award Collison all of their space as a signing bonus that takes his 2010-11 compensation to a whopping $13.3 million.

Signing bonuses in extensions are usually pro-rated through the life of the contract. Teams under the cap, though, can apply the entire signing bonus at the time the extension is signed, as long as the bonus doesn't exceed the available cap space.

So Oklahoma City's motivation here is fairly obvious, no matter how out of place it looks to suddenly see All-Star dollars attached to Collison's name in this season's NBA salary documents ... and then a smaller figure for the next four seasons combined.

This is OKC's thinking:

With Nick Collison now scheduled to earn $3.3 million in 2011-12 -- and with his salary descending all the way to $2.2 million in 2014-15 -- Oklahoma City has secured a valued member of its rotation at a very cap-friendly price. That will put the smallest possible drain on its payroll in coming seasons when the Thunder have to accommodate the extension raises due to Kevin Durant as well as future extension recipient Russell Westbrook (and possibly Serge Ibaka).

I'm pretty sure you can still do this, but it has to be on an extension/renegotiation, and Middleton is not eligible.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jtf150
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#380 » by jtf150 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:58 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
jtf150 wrote:I would rather have Marc than Ersan, if that is what this trade is for.

Way to go out on a limb there. :lol:

No ****, I a just hoping they sign someone like Marc or him.
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''” - Muhammad Ali

Return to Milwaukee Bucks