Stein: Bucks acquire Vasquez

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Re: Stein: Bucks acquire Vasquez 

Post#901 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 6, 2015 10:24 pm

newerabucks wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:High 2016 pick and WInslow plus no Monroe, sounds like a dream.
So assuming injuries are not a major issue, and assuming the Bucks make no more major moves before or during the coming season what would you guess their win total is and how far do they advance in the playoffs in '15-'16?

Assuming decent role players at the one and five got signed about 5 more wins than they'll get with this direction.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#902 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Jul 9, 2015 12:24 am

Badgerlander wrote:Does anyone know if we can sign Greivis to an extension before the season starts?

We cannot.

Vasquez is in the last year of a 2 year contract. Contracts fewer than 4 seasons cannot be extended.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
rarjake
Junior
And1: 44

Post#903 » by rarjake » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:24 pm

:cry: people really love their late first round, early 2nd round picks i guess.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,124

Post#904 » by DingleJerry » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:59 pm

rarjake wrote::cry: people really love their late first round, early 2nd round picks i guess.

Late firsts and second rounders aren't as useless as everyone likes to joke, they matter more than people realize. Just this year in FA second rounders signed to monster deals:Middleton, Marc Gasol, Dragic, Millsap, Mathews(not even drafted), Danny Green, Jordan, Draymon Green, Ellis, and a few others, plus guys right at the end of the first like Jimmy Butler. These guys probably signed for more than the GDP of most countries. And besides that they're valuable as sweeteners to pull off other deals.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,223

Post#905 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:33 am

I have no hope of thinking of him other than like this:

I'll probably be disappointed when I finally see him play and notice he's missing 4 mechanical arms.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Lucky26
Starter
And1: 487

Post#906 » by Lucky26 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:10 am

Hey guys, GV was good for us last year, was one of the main reasons we took the Nets to 7 games and Kidd had front row seat for that.
He is one of the best back-up point guards in the league, the problem is, he thinks he is a starter.

This is where I think he got frustrated this year and when he is not emotionally into it, it shows in his game and can sometimes become a chucker. But great team guy otherwise and very positive, and motivating.

I agree, Masai fleeced them and was definitely just worth a early second rounder or two, not a first.
I'll play defense when you get a girlfriend
Tfence92
Starter
And1: 435

Post#907 » by Tfence92 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:31 am

Lucky26 wrote:Hey guys, GV was good for us last year, was one of the main reasons we took the Nets to 7 games and Kidd had front row seat for that.
He is one of the best back-up point guards in the league, the problem is, he thinks he is a starter.

This is where I think he got frustrated this year and when he is not emotionally into it, it shows in his game and can sometimes become a chucker. But great team guy otherwise and very positive, and motivating.

I agree, Masai fleeced them and was definitely just worth a early second rounder or two, not a first.

...not sure Kidd had a lot of time to watch that series. I'd guess he was a little preoccupied.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#908 » by Aaron It Out » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:51 am

Tfence92 wrote:
Lucky26 wrote:Hey guys, GV was good for us last year, was one of the main reasons we took the Nets to 7 games and Kidd had front row seat for that.

...not sure Kidd had a lot of time to watch that series. I'd guess he was a little preoccupied.

He must mean 2 years ago. Toronto got WHOOPED in the first round by Washington this year.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Tfence92
Starter

Post#909 » by Tfence92 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:55 am

Aaron It Out wrote:
Tfence92 wrote:

He must mean 2 years ago. Toronto got WHOOPED in the first round by Washington this year.

After I posted I was thinking something wasn't right with that Matchup, good call.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#910 » by DutchManDanFan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:09 am

2 years ago = 2013, last year = 2014
Tfence92
Starter

Re: 

Post#911 » by Tfence92 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:11 am

DutchManDanFan wrote:2 years ago = 2013, last year = 2014

Is that as far back as you can go, or could you keep going?
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Re: Re: 

Post#912 » by DutchManDanFan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:28 am

Tfence92 wrote:
DutchManDanFan wrote:2 years ago = 2013, last year = 2014

Is that as far back as you can go, or could you keep going?

If someone is talking about 'last year' and the Raptors-Nets playoff series, how hard is it to figure out what he means...
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#913 » by thomchatt3rton » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:59 am

Aaron It Out wrote:
Tfence92 wrote:

Just out of curiosity: if the TOR/WAS series was "this year", but the TOR/BKN series was "2 years ago", then what is your understanding of the concept of "last year"? :D
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#914 » by Aaron It Out » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:00 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
Aaron It Out wrote:
Tfence92 wrote:

Just out of curiosity: if the TOR/WAS series was "this year", but the TOR/BKN series was "2 years ago", then what is your understanding of the concept of "last year"? :D

8-)
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
BuckToTheFuture
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#915 » by BuckToTheFuture » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:25 am

I'm happy with the GV pickup. Was the price steep? You betcha, but we got that 1st rounder for absorbing Dudley's contract from the clips last year. Plus we then got another 2nd rounder shipping him out. So when you break it down we essentially just flipped those two picks for GV. I look forward to seeing him run our second unit. I also think he makes it tougher for defenses who play off MCW due to his terrible shot. Now swap in a good shooting GV to keep it honest. Seems like he has some of that Dudley swagger with the media too. Should be a fun vet player to watch.
Lucky26
Starter

Post#916 » by Lucky26 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:29 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
Aaron It Out wrote:
Tfence92 wrote:

Look at a Calendar
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#917 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:25 pm

Lucky26 wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:
Aaron It Out wrote:

Look at a Calendar

Tell me more about this "Calendar" of which you speak
Lucky26
Starter

Post#918 » by Lucky26 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:42 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
Lucky26 wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:

Look at a Calendar

Tell me more about this "Calendar" of which you speak

NBA Playoffs 2014: Raptors vs Nets (Kidd) this was last year like I said.
Lucky26
Starter

Post#919 » by Lucky26 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:46 pm

I guess I didn't account for US conversion.
Tfence92
Starter

Post#920 » by Tfence92 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:11 pm

Lucky26 wrote:I guess I didn't account for US conversion.

Take your metric system and gtfo! 8-)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks