ImageImage

ATL - Dog Days of Summer (RIP Daryl Dawkins pg 36)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Re: ATL end of June - Joel Embiid's future? 

Post#61 » by crkone » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:07 pm

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article25992190.html

First news out about Frank the Tank.

Charlotte Hornets rookie Frank Kaminsky looked ‘rusty’ in first practice

“He said I’ve got to bring more energy,” Kaminsky said of what Ewing told him following Kaminsky’s first NBA practice.

“I know he’s going to be on me. They expect a lot from me. I was the ninth overall pick in the draft, so there are a lot of things I need to live up to. They expect the best out of me every practice and I have to bring it.”

“It’s a little difficult just because I’ve never played with these people before. You’ve just got to get used to other people’s tendencies -- how they like to play, how they like to come off ball screens. Picking that up in such a short amount of time is pretty difficult,” Kaminsky said.

“Defensively it’s a lot different than what we did at Wisconsin. That’s just the nature of the NBA -- it’s a faster game, there’s not as much time in the shot clock to make decisions. Some similarities but also some differences.”

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Re: 

Post#62 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Jul 2, 2015 10:09 pm

emunney wrote:Didn't have time to post about it when I saw it a few days ago, but the NBA fined Philly 3m for failing to disclose Holiday's injury before the trade to NO. If that's the finding, how is that punishment even close to justice? They should be giving up picks directly to the Pelicans.

Yeah this is insane to me. They KNEW about his ankle and didn't disclose. You would think they would have to pay a large portion of his salary (44M)... Give back the draft pick (Noel)... something. Its like the league just OK'd fraud.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Sky High
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#63 » by Sky High » Mon Jul 6, 2015 8:21 pm

Not sure if this was posted yet, but take a look of what could have been with the Clippers new logo: https://mobile.twitter.com/conradburry/status/618114714799714304

How could they pass on some of these?!-- Image

It's safe to say that ALL of these options were better than the one they decided on. What on Earth were they thinking? Yikes.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#64 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:24 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXU1etIC1No[/youtube]
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Post#65 » by zmanishere11 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:37 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXU1etIC1No[/youtube]

This was awesome.

I actually think they had as good an off-season they could have had (outside of landing say LMA). Anyone thinking that team was going to compete next year is crazy.

They got a decent center in ROLO, and if Grant / Porzingas show anything this year, they may actually be an attractive spot next off-season.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#66 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:42 pm

I always liked Philly a little since their Barkley days. The "Iverson and 4 rebounders" lineups were fun too.But I can't root for them now with Hinkie. The perception is that he is a Dick Cheney level creeper who will do anything to win, and not disclosing a known injury certainly doesn't help that. I imagine the fine is 3 mil because that os probably the max the league can impose. I concur draft picks should have been involved. Hurt Hinkie with what is most precious to him.

Can't believe some are hating on David West for going to the Spurs. He is no longer a top 20 starting power forward, and knows it, so rather than taking a big payout to be exposed as a fading big who can't bring it every night against the big boys... He signs on to be a super sub on what could be an all time transcendent team.. And gets criticized for it? I find self awareness refreshing. Good for him. He will look very badd-ass in black and silver.

Mo back in Cleveland takes me back to some crazy times in this place.
Insomniaac
Rookie
And1: 994

Post#67 » by Insomniaac » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:49 pm

That Stephen A thing is hilarious, someone posted it in the GB I think. Dan Patrick killed me. Pretty impressive script they made out of sound bytes honestly
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#68 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:50 pm

Sky High wrote:Not sure if this was posted yet, but take a look of what could have been with the Clippers new logo: https://mobile.twitter.com/conradburry/status/618114714799714304

It's safe to say that ALL of these options were better than the one they decided on. What on Earth were they thinking? Yikes.

is there a reason almost all of them look somewhat nautical? Regardless, they are all way better than what they went with.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#69 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:53 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Sky High wrote:Not sure if this was posted yet, but take a look of what could have been with the Clippers new logo: https://mobile.twitter.com/conradburry/status/618114714799714304

is there a reason almost all of them look somewhat nautical? Regardless, they are all way better than what they went with.

You realize "clipper" is a ship right?
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#70 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:55 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:is there a reason almost all of them look somewhat nautical?

well it was either go with this

or this
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#71 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jul 7, 2015 1:57 pm

Villanoeyebrows wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

How could they pass on some of these?!--
Spoiler:

You realize "clipper" is a ship right?

Nope. I have never had any idea :D
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Jul 7, 2015 2:04 pm

FWIW I have always thought "Clipper" was one of the worst names in pro sports. Balmer should have pushed for a total rebrand. In addition to being an outdated form of transport and an elitist hobby, "Clipper" has no positive connotation as a brand or team. If there was ever a time to start from scratch... It was with this rebrand.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#73 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jul 7, 2015 2:08 pm

an LA Clipper makes much more sense than a Laker imo
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,775

Post#74 » by Ayt » Tue Jul 7, 2015 2:30 pm

The Utah Jazz have the best name in sports. How do you top that?
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#75 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:01 pm

Ayt wrote:The Utah Jazz have the best name in sports. How do you top that?

New Orleans Jazz
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by Licensed to Il » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:27 pm

zmanishere11 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXU1etIC1No[/youtube]

This was awesome.

I actually think they had as good an off-season they could have had (outside of landing say LMA). Anyone thinking that team was going to compete next year is crazy.

They got a decent center in ROLO, and if Grant / Porzingas show anything this year, they may actually be an attractive spot next off-season.

Best 7 minutes of my day so far.

Phil hurts himself by acting smarter than everyone else. But what else could he have done this offseason? Rumor is they botched the Aldridge meeting, but he was never going there. Porzingis at 4 is not as good as Russell or Okafor, but he was the best available. Grant was a great pickup. No sympathy for Carmello, this is exactly what he chose when he resigned.

Steven A is such a joke.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#77 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:37 pm

I don't understand how anyone can see those or the crap they went with and think it's better than

Do it for Chuck
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#78 » by glenn » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:41 pm

Iheartfootball wrote:

New Orleans Jazz

:reporter:
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#79 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Jul 7, 2015 4:18 pm

glenn wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:

New Orleans Jazz

You get me.

And quickly on your avatar. I just watched Life Aquatic for the 4th time or so. Used to be my least favorite of his movies but slowly worked it's way into top 3 territory. It's one of those that gets better every time I see it.

Now I have that Mothersbaugh keyboard music stuck in my head...
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,924

Post#80 » by stellation » Tue Jul 7, 2015 10:35 pm

I wonder if the value of the brand recognition of changing the name from Clippers to Lakers would have outweighed the court costs?
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks