53%

Total votes: 116

Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Re: Chandler or Lopez - 

Post#41 » by Frank Nova » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:32 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Aaron It Out wrote:I would take Lopez if we're talking about Robin.

I'm concerned that they might actually go for Robin. Robin would be a big mistake, imo. Brook or Chandler would be fine. Btw, thanks to the Greivis trade, don't we now need Dudley to opt out in order to afford Brook?

Dudley opted in. I'm not sure but I think we have around 16mil to sign a center with and re-up Khris or replace him. Only good thing is we can give Chandler or Robin 12mil and still re-up Khris for whatever it takes. I'm guessing some of the dead weight (Bayless, Zaza, JOB, Plumlee, Ennis) gets trimmed after we go over the cap to get back under.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,570

Post#42 » by Frank Nova » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:37 pm

I voted for Robin because he's significantly younger and his offensive game extends further than strictly put back dunks/alley oops so if the contracts are the same I gotta give the edge to Robin there. But I'll be the happiest guy in Pittsburgh PA if Chandler is the 1 brought in and he channels his inner 2001 Dikembe Mutumbo. Dikembe was right around Chandlers age when he played in Philly although he went on to play like 10 more years and I know for a fact Chandler doesn't have that in him, but, if he can make that type of impact then sign me up.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#43 » by bizarro » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:41 pm

RoLo. Hands down.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#44 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:47 pm

I don't hate either option so things look to be on the improve around here. Still should get O'Quinn in as well.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
bizarro
RealGM

Post#45 » by bizarro » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:49 pm

AussieBuck wrote:I don't hate either option so things look to be on the improve around here. Still should get O'Quinn in as well.

O'Quinn was offered his tender today, fwiw. He's now a RFA.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#46 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:52 pm

bizarro wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:I don't hate either option so things look to be on the improve around here. Still should get O'Quinn in as well.

One who won't be high on his team's radar too. He could end up and amazing bargain.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#47 » by bdpecore » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:54 pm

Rolo because of his age (26) and the fact he can grow with this team over the next 4 years while I view Chandler as more of a stop gap albeit he is probably the better of the two right now.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#48 » by bizarro » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:58 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
bizarro wrote:

One who won't be high on his team's radar too. He could end up and amazing bargain.

I completely agree. I've been interested in O'Quinn since his 2014 season. He has an intriguing upside potential, he's young, he is solid in several facets (though not overly impressive...just watch him work on those 3's :o )...and I still find it hard to reckon with his lack of PT on that Orlando squad.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#49 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:58 pm

bdpecore wrote:Rolo because of his age (26) and the fact he can grow with this team over the next 4 years while I view Chandler as more of a stop gap albeit he is probably the better of the two right now.

It's great that he's younger, but that's offset by him... being a very ordinary player - not to mention he'll likely get overpaid. I can deal with over-paying for a good player. He's got the obvious offensive limitations, but he's way overrated as a defender simply due to the fact that he's a poor defensive rebounder. So, he's a limited player at both ends of the court.

But yeah, he's young. He's not good, but... he's young.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#50 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:59 pm

bizarro wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
bizarro wrote:

I completely agree. I've been interested in O'Quinn since his 2014 season. He has an intriguing upside potential, he's young, he is solid in several facets (though not overly impressive...just watch him work on those 3's :o )...and I still find it hard to reckon with his lack of PT on that Orlando squad.

Vaughn was worse than Larry Drew IMO.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
bizarro
RealGM

Post#51 » by bizarro » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:01 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
bizarro wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:One who won't be high on his team's radar too. He could end up and amazing bargain.

Vaughn was worse than Larry Drew IMO.

That is a frightening frightening proposal.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#52 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:05 pm

I honestly thought he was in on the tank in 13/14, couldn't find another explanation for his work. Watched a bit more last season and crazy **** was still going on while they tried to win.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Dcebucks11
Banned User
And1: 850

Post#53 » by Dcebucks11 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:10 pm

Either one, I think Chandler is better but Lopez is a bit younger.. Just dont sign Kanter PLZ
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#54 » by bigkurty » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:11 pm

Chandler. Robin is barely an upgrade over Zaza.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#55 » by bizarro » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:15 pm

bigkurty wrote:Chandler. Robin is barely an upgrade over Zaza.

This is a serious question (well, it's not serious, but I'm being serious :D ):

Have you seen Chandler play in the past two years? All I've seen is a player who is effective for shorter spurts and is clearly aging. He's slowed down considerably. He fatigues faster. Father Time has him on the downward slope.

I see the exact opposite in RoLo. I see a big who is stepping into his prime. Though he may not be the player Chandler was, he certainly offers plenty to be excited about and, imho, he is clearly an upgrade over Zaza.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#56 » by bigkurty » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:29 pm

bizarro wrote:
bigkurty wrote:Chandler. Robin is barely an upgrade over Zaza.

This is a serious question (well, it's not serious, but I'm being serious :D ):

Have you seen Chandler play in the past two years? All I've seen is a player who is effective for shorter spurts and is clearly aging. He's slowed down considerably. He fatigues faster. Father Time has him on the downward slope.

I see the exact opposite in RoLo. I see a big who is stepping into his prime. Though he may not be the player Chandler was, he certainly offers plenty to be excited about and, imho, he is clearly an upgrade over Zaza.

I have not I must admit. I have looked at both of their advanced stats extensively and that's what I am going off more or less. Either way, Robin is just not that good. I don't think he will be a waste of money or anything. I just don't think he will make much of a difference as it relates too wins compared to Zaza. So then you have to decide, is paying him 12-14 mil a year worth 1-2 extra wins per year? I'm just not sure.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#57 » by blazza18 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:37 pm

Rolo would be a massive upgrade over Zaza. Like c'mon now.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#58 » by Wise1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:51 pm

Chandler makes us a top 3 defense and has an established relationship with coach Kidd. Easy call for me. Monster on the glass, one of the team's biggest weaknesses. Own the present.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#59 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:54 pm

weezybaby856 wrote:I voted for Robin because he's significantly younger and his offensive game extends further than strictly put back dunks/alley oops so if the contracts are the same I gotta give the edge to Robin there. But I'll be the happiest guy in Pittsburgh PA if Chandler is the 1 brought in and he channels his inner 2001 Dikembe Mutumbo. Dikembe was right around Chandlers age when he played in Philly although he went on to play like 10 more years and I know for a fact Chandler doesn't have that in him, but, if he can make that type of impact then sign me up.

Mutombo was like 46 in '01.
Do it for Chuck
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#60 » by M-C-G » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:55 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
bizarro wrote:

He seems like a guy Skiles would covet though doesn't he? I think if you ended up w Chandler you might have enough to make a KOQ an offer.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks