ImageImage

Zaza to Dallas for second rounder

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Re: Zaza to Dallas for second rounder 

Post#481 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:22 am

Shooting as in jump shooting. Shots from outside of the paint.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#482 » by El Duderino » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:04 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:I still much rather have had "nothing" then Ersan but I think it's funny that people are up in arms about Zaza and Dudley but literally the best player out of the bunch everyone seems to agree it was a good trade.

Up in arms upset is a big exaggeration for many questioning the Dudley trade, at this point at least given other moves could be made.

As for Ersan, he was set to make almost double the money Dudley was under contract for. If Dudley was set to make 8 million instead of 4, doubt anybody would have questioned why he was traded.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#483 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:04 am

The trades for 'nothing' are quite interesting. Ersan, Dudley and Zaza were traded for nothing so they look terrible. But we got Monroe for nothing, and you can say that we got Vasquez for nothing as well, because you can argue that a non lotto 2017 pick contributes nothing in the 16/17 season and not a lot in 17/18 when the Bucks should be in contention mode *).
So essentially it´s:

Ersan, Dudley, Zaza = nothing = Monroe, Vasquez

*) If Giannis and Jabari won't become top 30 players in the league, then the Vasquez (and MCW) trade will be bad in the long run. But if that happens, the Bucks are in no mans land anyway so it doesn't mather that much. You have to take some risks some time down the road and the Bucks (Kidd) did this year. With this knowledge I agree with all the moves they made so far.
BTW, the K-Mart signing last year indicates that Kidd probably will add some veteran leadership to the team.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#484 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:46 am

Net loss there if GV doesn't get big minutes at starting PG.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#485 » by Prince12 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:20 am

AussieBuck wrote:Net loss there if GV doesn't get big minutes at starting PG.

Meh, I don't see it that way. GV will play 25+ minutes a night between the 1/2. Out of the 5 we've got the best two players although I'll give you Dudley for impact on both ends/on court coaching to be on par with GV. Don't neccessarily agree with all the trades made but basing it on that theory we certainly don't lose.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#486 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:27 am

Prince12 wrote:

Meh, I don't see it that way. GV will play 25+ minutes a night between the 1/2. Out of the 5 we've got the best two players although I'll give you Dudley for impact on both ends/on court coaching to be on par with GV. Don't neccessarily agree with all the trades made but basing it on that theory we certainly don't lose.

Each guy we lost was the best shooter at his position, all three better than their replacements at defensive rotations. IMO if we improve for this season it's likely because Giannis takes a big step unless GV takes the starting gig and significantly outplays his D.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#487 » by Prince12 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:33 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Prince12 wrote:

Each guy we lost was the best shooter at his position, all three better than their replacements at defensive rotations. IMO if we improve for this season it's likely because Giannis takes a big step unless GV takes the starting gig and significantly outplays his D.

I guess, Ersan was pretty damn awful 90% of the time and outside of a hot stretch duds struggled to hit the broad side of a barn. I would love our center to be able to hit that mid range jumper that Zaza could pretty regularly but I'm completely at ease with swapping him for Monroe, as everyone should be.
Shooting is an issue, it still will be if the roster stays as is but it won't take much improvement from Giannis' late season shooting to cover what duds was bringing and Vasquez is a three point threat.
Giannis taking the next step is key regardless anyway obviously.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant

Post#488 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:39 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Prince12 wrote:Meh, I don't see it that way. GV will play 25+ minutes a night between the 1/2. Out of the 5 we've got the best two players although I'll give you Dudley for impact on both ends/on court coaching to be on par with GV. Don't neccessarily agree with all the trades made but basing it on that theory we certainly don't lose.

You have no trust at all, do you?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#489 » by crkone » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:03 pm

The Bucks aren't going anywhere if Jabari and Giannis aren't superstars. I don't care about any of the bench pieces or what we got for them until we know what we have in Jabari and Giannis. If it's looking like the Bucks are going to be a 45 win team with both of them in their prime (5 to 8 years from now), then this was all for nothing anyway. People need to lower expectations from this team and let them grow together and develop organically.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#490 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:29 pm

DutchManDanFan wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Prince12 wrote:Meh, I don't see it that way. GV will play 25+ minutes a night between the 1/2. Out of the 5 we've got the best two players although I'll give you Dudley for impact on both ends/on court coaching to be on par with GV. Don't neccessarily agree with all the trades made but basing it on that theory we certainly don't lose.

You have no trust at all, do you?

I'm not going to change my opinion of players just because they are now Bucks. I come here to discuss/debate players and moves made by teams, I understand that some are mostly here to cheer and don't like opinions that differ from team PR. Appeals to authority do nothing for me in the NBA where tons of gigs are nepotism or doled out based on athletic abilities. :dontknow: I'm far more impressed with Kidd's coaching than his GM work so far.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#491 » by WRau1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:43 pm

Collectables are only worth what someone else is willing to pay for them, I think that applies to NBA players as well. People are upset at the return we got for Zaza and Dudey, well, no other team wanted them. Including us. When Dallas doesn't even have a starting C on it's team and is only offering capspace for him, that's pretty telling of what his value is around the league.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#492 » by WRau1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:47 pm

AussieBuck wrote:IMO if we improve for this season it's likely because Giannis takes a big step.

Obviously. This entire offseason has been about banking on the improvement of our young core. If Giannis and Parker aren't the real deal, we'll know soon enough.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant

Post#493 » by DutchManDanFan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:58 pm

AussieBuck wrote:I'm not going to change my opinion of players just because they are now Bucks. I come here to discuss/debate players and moves made by teams, I understand that some are mostly here to cheer and don't like opinions that differ from team PR. Appeals to authority do nothing for me in the NBA where tons of gigs are nepotism or doled out based on athletic abilities. :dontknow: I'm far more impressed with Kidd's coaching than his GM work so far.

I don't disagree with you because I just cheer for the Bucks and applaud every move the FO makes. I disagree because I think your assumptions are very stubborn. You assume MCW will stay bad while Kidd things otherwise ("needs an injury free off season"). You assume the Bucks will be bad form behind the arc, while there's a good chance Giannis and MCW improve a lot (and otherwise Vasquez plays more mins). You assume Bucks defense will be worse with Monroe (I'm not sure about this one). And you assume future mid to late first round picks are more valuable then future (and current) FA signings.
If you're just a little more optimistic about the improvements that are to be expected then you are, then it's easy to approve almost all the moves the Bucks made this year. Most important: they want to see what they have now, how far they'll reach and what is needed in the near future. You can not do that with future picks.

But above all Bucks management needs to make choises, which contain risks and uncertainties. Either way. This is about evaluations, expectations and valuing chances. With knowledge from the inside and his BB IQ I trust Kidd to make good choises for this team at this moment. You may be right after a year or 2, but with the current Bucks perspective I can understand all the moves they made so far.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks