ImageImage

League Pass 5: Which 5 Teams are you most interested in following this upcoming season?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 679

Re: League Pass 5: Which 5 Teams are you most interested in following this upcoming season? 

Post#21 » by ColeWorld23 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:59 pm

Minnesota
Cleveland
Clippers
Thunder
Warriors
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Re: League Pass 5: Which 5 Teams are you most interested in following this upcoming season? 

Post#22 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Grantland usually does a league pass ranking like this before the year. I don't recall if Simmons or Lowe did it so who knows on next year. Big thing they factor in is how many national games teams have, so taking a Cleveland or Warriors is out due to them being on national so often. Generally try to take a mid level team with potential in the exciting team's division in order to get more value, so Bucks were high on the list last year I believe.

For us in WI you have to factor in how late the west coast games go (if you have to get up in the morning anyway) so I wouldn't want more than one of them.

For me:
Clear #1 is Minnesota (same time zone and in OKC and Utah's division, which is another young team I want to see)
Clear #2 is New Orleans
After that I'm not sure, Orlando, Lakers(if not on national bunch, otherwise Sacto or PHX), Washington, Utah.

Can someone clarify if you can watch different games on different devices at the same time? This will be my first year getting it as I've always had Charter and they don't have a deal with the NBA. Which is crazy because the Blazers owners own Charter I believe. I would likely split it with a Boston and Utah fan if so.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#23 » by Newz » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Anthony Davis + Guys
Spurs
Minnesota
Cleveland
Orlando/Lakers (Orlando's core is more interesting... but I am really interested in watching Russell Jr.)
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,666

Post#24 » by machu46 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:57 pm

BadgersBucks wrote:Grantland usually does a league pass ranking like this before the year. I don't recall if Simmons or Lowe did it so who knows on next year. Big thing they factor in is how many national games teams have, so taking a Cleveland or Warriors is out due to them being on national so often. Generally try to take a mid level team with potential in the exciting team's division in order to get more value, so Bucks were high on the list last year I believe.

For us in WI you have to factor in how late the west coast games go (if you have to get up in the morning anyway) so I wouldn't want more than one of them.

For me:
Clear #1 is Minnesota (same time zone and in OKC and Utah's division, which is another young team I want to see)
Clear #2 is New Orleans
After that I'm not sure, Orlando, Lakers(if not on national bunch, otherwise Sacto or PHX), Washington, Utah.

Can someone clarify if you can watch different games on different devices at the same time? This will be my first year getting it as I've always had Charter and they don't have a deal with the NBA. Which is crazy because the Blazers owners own Charter I believe. I would likely split it with a Boston and Utah fan if so.

You can watch multiple games on the same device at the same time (split screen style); I don't think you can watch on two different devices at once with the 5 team package though.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,666

Post#25 » by machu46 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:02 pm

On_Wisconsin wrote:
breakchains wrote:
On_Wisconsin wrote:Is it worth getting League Pass for a college freshman?

Do you love basketball? If so, yes. For me, there are very few things for $200 that can bring me as much enjoyment as watching any game(s) I want on any night.

That said, it may actually distract you from studying and socializing, which would be a reason not to get it.

I love watching basketball but it's definitely the distracting from my studying part. Do you know if you can watch different games on multiple devices at one time? Thinking of maybe splitting the cost with a friend

If I remember right, this isn't possible with the 5 team package at least. I would recommend chatting with someone on the NBA League Pass site or something because I'm not really sure.

Regarding getting it as a college student: For me, I didn't have the money to afford it as a college student. I could finally afford the 5 team package this past year, but basically all of my team choices besides Milwaukee and New Orleans were cursed so I ended up watching almost only the Bucks. At the same time, having access to every basketball game on TV is a great way to make friends with guys at school.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#26 » by BobbyLight » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:10 pm

Can someone tell me this... can you start the game on delay or do you have to be there when it's live in order to watch it? I like my DVR because I'm never in a hurry to get a game started.

And one more question, mods can delete this if it's not okay, but I think it's a legal question.

Does it matter if I signed up for league pass with a WI address and credit card, then watched games through a VPN that put me somewhere else? Meaning I'd sign up with my real info (I'm based in Milwaukee) but then watch the games via desktop with an IP address that places me elsewhere. I'm just not sure if your address and/or payment info restrict what you can see.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,744

Post#27 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:15 pm

Some great points in the last few posts.

You can watch on multiple devices, I watched games last year on my tv, phone, and ipad. I never tried to watch two games at the same time though.

The Warriors were one of the teams I picked last year, and that was a poor choice. Almost half their games were national games (TNT, NBATV, ABC, ESPN) and those games get blocked on league pass.

I live approx 75 miles from Milwaukee and chose the Bucks as one of my 5 teams. Since I am within 100 miles, those games were all blocked.

I actually like the west coast teams because they are just getting started when my wife and kids are in bed. If you live out east, you probably don't want to select them.

You can actually watch a pretty good selection of teams just via TNT and ESPN and ABC. I would only suggest league pass for junkies who are interested in young up and coming teams that will never get national time (Utah, Orlando, Washington, etc).
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#28 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:22 pm

Kind of an ironic thing is that MKE, MN, New Orleans will be 3 of the hottest league pass teams and one of them us in WI already get. If you're a Bucks fan not living in WI then this 5 team deal seems like a great move. Debateable if you're here as you'll be spending most nights watching Bucks games.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,010

Post#29 » by Siefer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm

Kings
Timberwolves
Pelicans
Spurs
Magic
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#30 » by Newz » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:10 pm

Siefer wrote:Kings

You want to see some dudes going cray?
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#31 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Besides their drama being interesting. They're in the same division as GSW, LAC, PHX and LAL. That's 8 good games with GSW/LAC, PHX is interesting with all they having going on, LAL to see Kobe's antics and the development of Russell/Randle
Rendei
Sixth Man
And1: 2,429

Post#32 » by Rendei » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:21 pm

I can get in to talking about which 5 teams I'm most interested in, but the idea of restricting myself to those teams is painful. I'd constantly be pining for the games I didn't have access to.

BobbyLight wrote:Can someone tell me this... can you start the game on delay or do you have to be there when it's live in order to watch it? I like my DVR because I'm never in a hurry to get a game started.

It's basically a full DVR setup. There's a 10 minute window or so after the game ends during which it archives and it becomes unviewable during that short time. I'm like you and like to start games on delay. But I have, on several occasions, had a game cut off on me like halfway through the 4th quarter. Then I have to watch another game while I wait for the archiving to finish before I can go back and watch the end. The only other minor gripe I have is that LP has markers (3rd quarter starts here) if you're watching the game while it's happening, but once it's archived those markers become ancient history.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#33 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:31 pm

I usually try to spread it across the time zones for best availability

Wizards
Bucks
Grizzlies
Thunder
Lakers
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,618

Post#34 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:04 pm

Not counting the Bucks:

Minnesota
Orlando
OKC
Miami
Clippers
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,010

Post#35 » by Siefer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:44 pm

Newz wrote:
Siefer wrote:Kings

You want to see some dudes going cray?

Like a car crash in slow motion.
Ersanity
Senior
And1: 291

Post#36 » by Ersanity » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:21 pm

I thought the five-team option was no more? I read somewhere that It's now an individual team, game-by-game, or the entire package.
Flap Jackson
Bench Warmer
And1: 698

Post#37 » by Flap Jackson » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:58 pm

I used the league choice package for a few years, but it was so frustrating due to blocked games, nationally televised games, and one or more of your teams can sometimes just end up being flat out crap (through injuries, bad coaching, not living up to hype).

Last year and this upcoming year, I just pay the extra $60 (I think that is what it is) and that gives me the best shot at watching an interesting game on any given evening.

I'm going to do Sling for nationally televised games, unless the reports I've read about eliminating blackouts for league pass are true, but I think that is just David Silver blowing smoke.

Oddly, the only games I won't be able to see with this duel plan are NBATV games. How silly is that? Its their channel! Sadly, the Bucks will be voted for a huge number of "fan night" games, so I'll have to use dirty sites for those despite committing nearly $300 for the full year. So ridiculous!

Moral of the story: NBA, Get rid of the blackouts. CABLE BLOWS I"M NOT BUYING CABLE EVER AGAIN. Cable and dish are the 80s and 90s. Get with the now NBA.
tyland
Veteran
And1: 422

Post#38 » by tyland » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:41 am

Bucks
Utah - interesting young team (with 2 aussies)
Orlando - Want to watch Hezonja develop alongside the other young talent. Have Skiles is a negative though
Spurs - Beautiful basketball
Thunder - See what KD and Westbrook can do healthy, when KD is weighing up his future in OKC
SAVE OUR BUCKS
Twitter: @thetytimes
On_Wisconsin
Senior
And1: 103

Post#39 » by On_Wisconsin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:04 am

Spoiler:
machu46 wrote:
On_Wisconsin wrote:
breakchains wrote:Do you love basketball? If so, yes. For me, there are very few things for $200 that can bring me as much enjoyment as watching any game(s) I want on any night.

That said, it may actually distract you from studying and socializing, which would be a reason not to get it.

I love watching basketball but it's definitely the distracting from my studying part. Do you know if you can watch different games on multiple devices at one time? Thinking of maybe splitting the cost with a friend

If I remember right, this isn't possible with the 5 team package at least. I would recommend chatting with someone on the NBA League Pass site or something because I'm not really sure.

Regarding getting it as a college student: For me, I didn't have the money to afford it as a college student. I could finally afford the 5 team package this past year, but basically all of my team choices besides Milwaukee and New Orleans were cursed so I ended up watching almost only the Bucks. At the same time, having access to every basketball game on TV is a great way to make friends with guys at school.

Thanks!
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,716

Post#40 » by AussieBuck » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:45 am

Can't imagine only watching 5 teams but having said that right now I'm only super excited for Bucks, Wolves and Utah.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks