ImageImage

Stein: Henson Agrees to 4/44 Extension + Incentives PG 30

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Re: Stein: Bucks talking contract for Henson (4-yr deal? pg13) 

Post#321 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Amazing thinking about how amazing sanders contract would be right now if he didn't f up and quit. 11 mil for a top 5 defensive center would be a steal. Now Henson is gonna make more than that?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Re: Re: Stein: Bucks talking contract for Henson (4-yr deal? pg13) 

Post#322 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:35 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Amazing thinking about how amazing sanders contract would be right now if he didn't f up and quit. 11 mil for a top 5 defensive center would be a steal. Now Henson is gonna make more than that?

Too bad it's all gone up in smoke.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#323 » by Treebeard » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:36 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Amazing thinking about how amazing sanders contract would be right now if he didn't f up and quit. 11 mil for a top 5 defensive center would be a steal. Now Henson is gonna make more than that?

And that's probably the bar to get over for Henson's deal.... "See, I can block shots, like Larry, can't score all that well like Larry, maybe not as good of a rebounder, but I can stay on the floor - Eleven, twelve mill sounds about right to me..." geeuh :roll:
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#324 » by HurricaneKid » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:18 pm

For all the complaints about the absurd contracts getting passed around this offseason we haven't seen a single one for a bench player in the ranges being thrown out around here.

Koufos would have rather played here than Sac (wouldn't anyone). We could have had him for 4/33. I think thats the most Henson is going to get to if we do this during the preseason. All bets are off once the season starts. But I cannot see him even remotely close to Asik/RoLo numbers even if he has a breakout season. So why would we do that before the season starts? Makes no sense.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
floeter
Sophomore
And1: 103

Post#325 » by floeter » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:25 pm

newerabucks wrote:Why would you trust Kidd? Because he coached pretty much every single guy on that roster up this past year? Because he has had a full year now to evaluate Henson's work ethic, development, and ability? No, I'm going w/ the herd mentality and just labeling him soft and lazy and worthless.

Exactly man. I'm more than a little befuddled at all of the Henson hate/lack of vision on this board. Anyone that thinks anything BK (before Kidd) matters, player development-wise, is full of beans. Choke on em'.

All of you haters, did you not see Henson in the playoffs? Did he not pass the eyeball test of "oh, he could be turning the corner?" Who is a better fit with better upside for similar money? Maybe you all are getting hung up on the new wage scale, I really can't understand the beef.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#326 » by DingleJerry » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:30 pm

That's all well and good. But we just signed a Center to play in front of him. Are we going to get value out of paying a backup 12mil per year? You'd have 30mil/yr into one position. I think most here would love to keep him on the team on the right contract.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#327 » by Aaron It Out » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:36 pm

newerabucks wrote:
floeter wrote:In three years we will either be thrilled with paying him a meager twelve million, or have traded him. He's had one year of stability, I don't give a **** about two and three years ago. At this point why not trust Kidd enough to think that he must see something in Henson long term? I see it.
Why would you trust Kidd? Because he coached pretty much every single guy on that roster up this past year? Because he has had a full year now to evaluate Henson's work ethic, development, and ability? No, I'm going w/ the herd mentality and just labeling him soft and lazy and worthless.

But some people here watch lotz and lotz of basketball!

I hated Henson this past year, but if Kidd wants him to be his long term backup C, then fine by me. You probably aren't going to get much better. I also think the thought of him getting $12 million a year is crazy. I could MAYBE see it happening, and it would be concerning, but hopefully it would be on a front-loaded deal like Middleton.

Regardless, this is the absolute worst time to wait for a player to his RFA and let the market dictate his value. That would be a huge risk with Henson. Any signs of him improving this season and he would probably get multiple $14-15 million deals.
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Max Green
RealGM
And1: 4,668

Post#328 » by Max Green » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:40 pm

Based on the lack of news about his extension, looks like Henson may be "Knighted" at the deadline.
Vice President of Parker-Nation.
#Jabariunleashed
#OwnTheFuture
:wizard: Maxtradamus
bigbucksfan1234
Senior
And1: 187

Re: Re: Stein: Bucks talking contract for Henson (4-yr deal? pg13) 

Post#329 » by bigbucksfan1234 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Max Green wrote:Image

Based on the lack of news about his extension, looks like Henson may be "Knighted" at the deadline.

Not likely
buckbeer
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Re: Stein: Bucks talking contract extension for Henson 

Post#330 » by buckbeer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:53 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Matches posted this in the other thread. Four-year deal so he'd be locked in for five years if Termine has his facts right.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TermineRadio/status/621385877139263489[/tweet]

This guy's tweets make it sound like it's done will be announced soon, but it's been over a week and still no signing. Not sure whether this guy is reliable at all.

Looks like Henson wants more money than the Bucks are willing to offer, it may end up being another Knight situation and we may have to trade him at the deadline.

I like Henson a lot and hope he signs, but it's going to be very tough to keep the core together unless there's some give and take from the player too. I hope Henson is willing to make some compromise to stay with the Bucks.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#331 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:00 am

Unnecessary. Get what he does well, don't want to commit long term to guys who don't bring it every night.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#332 » by H2tObes » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:57 pm

We should trade Henson as soon as he has a decent stretch of games. Get anything for his lazy ass while he still has good value. Really don't want to pay a center that doesn't rebound
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#333 » by Gianstoppable » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:03 pm

Is it more that he's lazy or just not athletic?
#FreeChuckDiesel
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#334 » by H2tObes » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:14 pm

Gianstoppable wrote:Is it more that he's lazy or just not athletic?

Any 7 footer that is that bad at rebounding is just lazy. You don't need to be a crazy athlete to grab a rebound when your arms are 8 feet long. Not to mention he finally decided to put effort in during the playoffs, he actually played with energy and was good. It pissed me off more than anything though because it made me realize this dude just puts in minimum effort when he isnt being asked to step up to the plate
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#335 » by Gianstoppable » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:21 pm

H2tObes wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:Is it more that he's lazy or just not athletic?

Any 7 footer that is that bad at rebounding is just lazy. Not to mention he finally decided to put effort in during the playoffs, he actually played with energy and was good. It pissed me off more than anything though because it made me realize this dude just puts in minimum effort when he isnt being asked to step up to the plate

Rebounding is a skill that can be taught to a point. Sure hustle goes a long ways in rebounding but MCW rebounds better than Henson. It has more to do with skill and positioning than laziness I think. Henson doesn't have any of the above and were going to pay him money that should go to someone with actual skill
#FreeChuckDiesel
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,662

Post#336 » by BroncoBuck » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:31 pm

I could live with him not rebounding well if he boxed out well...sadly he does neither. He's been a pretty big disappointment after what looked like a promising start.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#337 » by M-C-G » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:56 pm

I am guessing they announce tonight at the open house.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#338 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:57 pm

M-C-G wrote:I am guessing they announce tonight at the open house.

I doubt that.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#339 » by buckboy » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:01 pm

This sucks. Henson just isn't any better than any other backup center.

Not the end of the world, but it still sucks.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,368

Post#340 » by M-C-G » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:03 pm

buckboy wrote:This sucks. Henson just isn't any better than any other backup center.

Not the end of the world, but it still sucks.

It doesn't really prevent us from anything as our 1-5 are locked up for the next two years...3 years with a TO in year 3 would be ideal though.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks