OT: Steve Haywood Passed Away

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

GOBsaysCOMEON
Junior
And1: 154

Re: OT: Steve Haywood Passed Away 

Post#21 » by GOBsaysCOMEON » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:32 am

RIP

This one hit me really hard. I'm 33 years old, and it took me back to high school, when I would listen to Bill and Steve on 1510. Steve always wanting to discuss the Bucks was a huge part of what drew me to the Game (that and the opening theme song). As a high school kid, I was too timid to call into the show, so I'd send an occasional e-mail instead. In any case, that show was a big part of my late teens. Sad day.
Once, when asked if he was concerned about his former coach Nate McMillan commenting that he has a selfish attitude, Jerome James replied, "I don't even know what he's talking about, I just worry about Jerome."
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Re: OT: Steve Haywood Passed Away 

Post#22 » by SkilesTheLimit » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Sad news. As a high school student, I was an avid listener to the show he did with Bill Johnson on my drive home from school. The Bucks were hot in town with the Big 3 and nobody captured the pulse of the Bucks fan like Haywood.

One thing I will surely miss are listening to Bucks press conferences and not hearing his unique voice asking questions. He battled a lot these last 15 years and still had as much passion as ever.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd

Return to Milwaukee Bucks