ImageImage

Bucks sign Chris Copeland to 1-year $1.1 million deal pg 5

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: Stein: Bucks signing Chris Copeland? 

Post#101 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:08 pm

emunney wrote:I'm looking for a Bayless/Plum 2-for-1 so we can sign Kuzmic.

Martell Webster?
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#102 » by machu46 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:13 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Great deal.

Can you imagine having all that money coming off the books next year and the cap jumping? Yes I know lots of teams will have cap space, but you have to imagine if we can get Monroe, we stand a real shot at some other higher ranked free agents with Kidd and new ownership at the helm.

Sure. Do we have a list of available free agents next year? I feel like it's a pretty weak class. We obviously aren't getting LeBron, Durant, Dwight, Conley, Horford, or Drummond. Beal is restricted, so he won't be available. I can't imagine we'll want Chandler Parsons, Whiteside, or Mozgov. Not really sure what we'd be looking to add at this point. Unless MCW flops, we have our starting five for the foreseeable future IMO.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
bstrassburg
Bench Warmer
And1: 50

Post#103 » by bstrassburg » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:35 pm

machu46 wrote:

Can you imagine having all that money coming off the books next year and the cap jumping? Yes I know lots of teams will have cap space, but you have to imagine if we can get Monroe, we stand a real shot at some other higher ranked free agents with Kidd and new ownership at the helm.

Sure. Do we have a list of available free agents next year? I feel like it's a pretty weak class. We obviously aren't getting LeBron, Durant, Dwight, Conley, Horford, or Drummond. Beal is restricted, so he won't be available. I can't imagine we'll want Chandler Parsons, Whiteside, or Mozgov. Not really sure what we'd be looking to add at this point. Unless MCW flops, we have our starting five for the foreseeable future IMO.

Here's a pretty good list of next year's free agents: http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/09/2016-nba-free-agents.html
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#104 » by bucksfansince88 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:39 pm

I think we need to bring Jennings back to the Mil next year.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#105 » by bdpecore » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:41 pm

machu46 wrote:

The only upgrade we could make to our starting lineup would be to sign Conley but he has already told Gasol he will be resigning with Memphis. I would look to use the cap space on quality role players who compliment our core along with possibly extending Henson if he is willing to sign for $10M or less.

These are some players I would like the Bucks to target next offseason:
PG - Greivis Vasquez (29), Mario Chalmers (30) and DJ Augustin (28)
SG - Eric Gordon (27), Courtney Lee (30) and OJ Mayo (28)
SF - Nicolas Batum (27), Luol Deng (31) and Kostas Papanikolaou (25/RFA)
PF - Marvin Williams (30), Trevor Booker (28), Ryan Anderson (28) and Jeff Green (29)
C - John Henson (25/RFA)
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 469

Post#106 » by Ruben Quevedo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:41 pm

machu46 wrote:

Mike Conley would be amazing for us. If we look like a legit contender after this season, I wonder if we could tempt him.

Conley
Middleton
Jabari
Giannis
Monroe

:pray:
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#107 » by drew881 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:41 pm

Can't complain, dirt cheap and only for one year. He'll be motivated to cash in too.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,902

Post#108 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:55 pm

machu46 wrote:

Also project that Giannis is getting a max extension that kicks in come 2017 @ 27 million per. MCW is probably extended or getting a deal the same year Giannis' kicks in, at anywhere from $14-max, depending on his performance. Jabari will be up for extension starting in '18, probably making slightly more than Giannis when the cap goes up from projected 108 million.

That's $27-30 for Jabari, $27 for Giannis, $13- Khris, $2.9 Vaughn, $10 Henson if extended.

Monroe's contract runs up that season, next contract depends on his performance. If either of Monroe or MCW earn a max contract, they'll be projected at 30% max for Greg, and the $27 for MCW.

I doubt MCW gets a max contract but if he did that would take the team to 109.9 without resigning Monroe. Greg's next max contract would go above Giannis, MCW and Jabari. He'd make $32.8 per starting in '18.

In a scenario he made that and MCW earns something like Khris' deal at $14 per, the cap would be 129.7 million. So they'd be paying the tax.

My point before getting to doing the math would have been that the front office needs to factor in the contracts they'll be paying Giannis, Jabari and MCW in the future when thinking of adding any players like what MM is excited over.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#109 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:01 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:I think we need to bring Jennings back to the Mil next year.

He is (at least he was when the Bucks visited Dallas during Brandon's Buck years) friends with J-Kidd. I have a hard time believing he doesn't wind up with the Lakers, Knicks or someone like San Antonio.

Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: Bucks sign Chris Copeland to 1-year $1.1 million deal pg 5 

Post#110 » by Chapter29 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 pm

Zero interest in Jennings.

I like this signing because its cheap. If the guy hits 3's he earns PT, if not hopefully he's a good locker room presence and towel waver.
Giannis
is
UponUs
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#111 » by skbucks1985 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:25 pm

machu46 wrote:

Looking at the list of guy slated to be FA's, if MCW doesn't work out and they're ready to move on Conley's obviously the guy that you make a really hard push for. And a year from now Marc Gasol will be 31 and Zach Randolph will be 35. If they have a first round exit (certainly plausible), I don't think its out of the realm of possibility he'd look at leaving. And/or if they're not ready to commit to Vaughn as the 6th man scorer-type off the bench, you can look at Eric Gordon in that role.

If MCW and Vaughn do work out, I think you probably try to resign Vazquez and really bolster your Forwards off the bench. Luol Deng, Jeff Green and Ryan Anderson you try to add one or two of those guys, depending on how they feel about Inglis ten months from now.
mbradleyc
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#112 » by mbradleyc » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:29 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
bucksfansince88 wrote:I think we need to bring Jennings back to the Mil next year.

He is (at least he was when the Bucks visited Dallas during Brandon's Buck years) friends with J-Kidd. I have a hard time believing he doesn't wind up with the Lakers, Knicks or someone like San Antonio.

I can see him going to the Knicks, that's where he always wanted to go in the first place.

I cannot see him in San Antonio. Uh uh, he is not Spur material.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#113 » by BobbyLight » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:30 pm

Really, really good article about Copeland and how he got to this point. I don't know how a quiet guy both gets hit by a bullet and stabbed in his lifetime, but... here he is. Despite that, he does not sound like a douche bag athlete... We'll see how it goes.

https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/4/11/4174374/chris-copeland-new-york-knicks-profile
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#114 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:33 pm

mbradleyc wrote:I can see him going to the Knicks. I cannot see him in San Antonio.

He's obsessed over the way that Popovich runs Parker in SA through tweets. I projected that based on his desire to win and affinity for the team. LA because it's home, NYK because he'd be under Phil in a huge city playing at the "mecca of basketball".

BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#115 » by BobbyLight » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:49 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
mbradleyc wrote:I can see him going to the Knicks. I cannot see him in San Antonio.

He's obsessed over the way that Popovich runs Parker in SA through tweets. I projected that based on his desire to win and affinity for the team. LA because it's home, NYK because he'd be under Phil in a huge city playing at the "mecca of basketball".

Just because he wants to play in SA... doesn't mean SA wants him to play basketball there.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#116 » by Bernman » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:52 pm

Regardless whether you like the particular players or not, these guys are adept at making good financial deals. It's what they made their nut off in the first place in large part. And we're seeing it politically in Wisconsin right now. But the bright side is once they are entrenched here, we should be more the beneficiaries.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#117 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:56 pm

BobbyLight wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

Just because he wants to play in SA... doesn't mean SA wants him to play basketball there.

Pop did trade for Jackson when he was making a stink as a Buck. If Brandon pledged to adopt a role and not act up, I'm not sure that he wouldn't be welcomed there on an SA friendly deal to back up Parker.

mbradleyc
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#118 » by mbradleyc » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:02 pm

BobbyLight wrote:Really, really good article about Copeland and how he got to this point. I don't know how a quiet guy both gets hit by a bullet and stabbed in his lifetime, but... here he is. Despite that, he does not sound like a douche bag athlete... We'll see how it goes.

https://www.sbnation.com/longform/2013/4/11/4174374/chris-copeland-new-york-knicks-profile

A great story. This guy is a keeper if he can play at all.
SeaLORD_0318
Senior
And1: 185

Post#119 » by SeaLORD_0318 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:06 pm

BobbyLight wrote:Really, really good article about Copeland and how he got to this point. I don't know how a quiet guy both gets hit by a bullet and stabbed in his lifetime, but... here he is. Despite that, he does not sound like a douche bag athlete... We'll see how it goes.

Eh a lot of times its about the company you keep.
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Vince Lombardi
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,545

Post#120 » by Frank Nova » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:08 pm

emunney wrote:I'm looking for a Bayless/Plum 2-for-1 so we can sign Kuzmic.

Would've been nice to have acquired Christmas for a 2nd but I like the idea of Kuzmic as our 3rd center a lot. Equally as much as Plumlee if not more anyway..

Bayless is clearly odd man out in the guard rotation but idk what the plan is with him. i get the idea of insurance and depth and everything but this is a clear logjam....

I like:

MCW/Vasquez/Ennis
Khash/Mayo/Vaughn

Any minutes u gotta add in for Bayless, Giannis can have. Everyone is so interchangeable it's crazy. The team is built on length and Bayless is a midget SG by nature. He's a small asset that should be used elsewhere.

My ideal scenario is trading Bayless and Plumlee to Portland for Kaman just so I can have fun laughing at everyone here cutting up on him. :lol:
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks