ImageImage

New Zach Lowe podcast with Dudley - Must listen for Bucks fans

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Re: New Zach Lowe podcast with Dudley - Must listen for Bucks fans 

Post#81 » by Chapter29 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:32 pm

breakchains wrote:http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/archive?id=10528553

Very enjoyable interview all around but gives key insight into the Bucks this offseason.

This was really good. Thanks for posting.

I feel like if you got to talk to Dud's he would tell you anything. When I met Bogut he was that way. Didn't beat around the bush.

Dudley is a good interview.

With many around here so steadfast that Hammond is just a puppet, I thought Dudley painted a different picture. Said that they were a team and a good team. Makes sense to me.

Thinks we will be a 7th/8th seed. Didn't sound too confident in our short term success.
Giannis
is
UponUs
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#82 » by drew881 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:40 pm

raferfenix wrote:If Henson craps out and / or Copeland + Inglis can't cut it to round out our PF rotation (without pushing Jabari to play more or earlier than he should), then dumping Ersan / Dudley / ZaZa for a whole lot of nothing in return will be more egregious.

Would this really be the end of the world though? Next year isn't an "all in" year anyway. In your worst case scenario, we will be using next year's FA or trade deadline to acquire a PF or wing that give us more minutes on a more competitive team. We could have easily rolled with Ersan and watched his antics for another year. I'm so glad we aren't. I'm not worried about center minutes at all either.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#83 » by crkone » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:17 pm

drew881 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:If Henson craps out and / or Copeland + Inglis can't cut it to round out our PF rotation (without pushing Jabari to play more or earlier than he should), then dumping Ersan / Dudley / ZaZa for a whole lot of nothing in return will be more egregious.

Would this really be the end of the world though? Next year isn't an "all in" year anyway. In your worst case scenario, we will be using next year's FA or trade deadline to acquire a PF or wing that give us more minutes on a more competitive team. We could have easily rolled with Ersan and watched his antics for another year. I'm so glad we aren't. I'm not worried about center minutes at all either.

Yeah Henson and friends need to prove they can handle playing bigger minutes. If they are bums, we'll get new role players next year.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
mbradleyc
Freshman
And1: 35

Re: Re: 

Post#84 » by mbradleyc » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:58 pm

Bernman wrote:
mbradleyc wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Yup next season is going to suck. See you in a year.

St. John's wort is a nice, natural and inexpensive alternative to Prozac and it doesn't have the dangerous side effects. It's available at most health food stores. I recommend it for both of you.

Um, it's pretty obvious MD was being sarcastic in his response.

So would you like to be directed to a bottle of Focus Factor? :D

Well I really wasn't sure and I knew it could go either way so I went with my first impression. But I think I know bucksfan from somewhere else and he definitely could use some more serotonin. :party:
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#85 » by Cold Crush 24 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:29 am

Dudz is gonna be a great analyst.
Finals in 2017
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

New Zach Lowe podcast with Dudley - Must listen for Bucks fans 

Post#86 » by tydett » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:11 am

Man all this bumming out about Duds' prediction is so melodramatic... what veteran player is going to think that them leaving a team is going to make them better? Even Jared, who is especially candid, isn't going to say "Well they're replacing the basically-nothing on-court play I was giving them with somebody who can actually do something. They'll clearly be better off without me."

That being said the rest of his insights are great - Dudley has done more Bucks beat/investigation in one year than the Sentinel has done in my lifetime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
bwpn gold
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#87 » by bwpn gold » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:31 pm

raferfenix wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Yeah I read between the lines & still don't think the Bucks owed either of them a trade. We gave away nice, expiring veteran depth for nothing. "Throwing the youth into the fire" doesn't necessitate burning the insurance policy.

Kidd is building a reputation for the Bucks as being an attractive destination.

I don't like giving away these guys either but am assuming (or at least hoping) that what we gain with being viewed as player-friendly is worth more than whatever asset value we gave up.

If Henson craps out and / or Copeland + Inglis can't cut it to round out our PF rotation (without pushing Jabari to play more or earlier than he should), then dumping Ersan / Dudley / ZaZa for a whole lot of nothing in return will be more egregious.

This is the key point in my view. Jason Kidd is building a player-friendly environment and making Milwaukee a very attractive destination of a player serious about winning. Placing vets who will lose playing time to young players on other competitive teams (even at the cost of minor compensation) is very smart for the long-term. Let's face it. It is all about long-term for this team.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Re: Re: New Zach Lowe podcast with Dudley - Must listen for Bucks fans 

Post#88 » by RRyder823 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:00 pm

bwpn gold wrote:
raferfenix wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Yeah I read between the lines & still don't think the Bucks owed either of them a trade. We gave away nice, expiring veteran depth for nothing. "Throwing the youth into the fire" doesn't necessitate burning the insurance policy.

I don't like giving away these guys either but am assuming (or at least hoping) that what we gain with being viewed as player-friendly is worth more than whatever asset value we gave up.

If Henson craps out and / or Copeland + Inglis can't cut it to round out our PF rotation (without pushing Jabari to play more or earlier than he should), then dumping Ersan / Dudley / ZaZa for a whole lot of nothing in return will be more egregious.

This is the key point in my view. Jason Kidd is building a player-friendly environment and making Milwaukee a very attractive destination of a player serious about winning. Placing vets who will lose playing time to young players on other competitive teams (even at the cost of minor compensation) is very smart for the long-term. Let's face it. It is all about long-term for this team.

Maybe it's just me but my big take away was that there's synergy in the front office between Hammond and Kidd versus the narrative that goes on around these parts that every decision is all Kidd.

Kinda suprised that hasn't been a talking point
greeg32
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#89 » by greeg32 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:28 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
bwpn gold wrote:
raferfenix wrote:

Maybe it's just me but my big take away was that there's synergy in the front office between Hammond and Kidd versus the narrative that goes on around these parts that every decision is all Kidd.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to say Hammond is a patsy on the record. Or maybe he doesn't know, doesn't care, or is mistaken. When push comes to shove someone has to be higher on the decision making food chain. My money is not on Hammond.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,159

Re: Re: Re: New Zach Lowe podcast with Dudley - Must listen for Bucks fans 

Post#90 » by RRyder823 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:18 pm

greeg32 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
bwpn gold wrote:

Or maybe he just doesn't want to say Hammond is a patsy on the record. Or maybe he doesn't know, doesn't care, or is mistaken. When push comes to shove someone has to be higher on the decision making food chain. My money is not on Hammond.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Because it'd just be silly to think a GM and a Coach are working together. My bad
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#91 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:19 pm

Cold Crush 24 wrote:Dudz is gonna be a great analyst.
yeah he is, dudes a great interview. I know he's said he wants to coach and I could see him being good at that. But selfishly I hope he goes the media route instead because he'd be fantastic at it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#92 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:31 pm

And I don't think anything he said about the bucks playoff chances were unfair.

The east looks a little better and deeper so it will be more of a fight for those last spots. I'm an optimist and think the bucks will be pretty good but I have to admit it's going to be an adjustment for the young guys to go from a team no one took seriously last year to a team with expectations this year.
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#93 » by Prince12 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:05 pm

To be honest, if trading Zaza, duds and Ersan is the reason we drop off I don't really care. Give the young guys all the minutes and see what happens.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus

Return to Milwaukee Bucks